Illness insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne Roberts

Reaction score
This may be a bit random but I work with a lady who has recently broken her arm and been unable to work. She was not insured and has really struggled over the last 8 weeks.

It has made me think that maybe I need some kind of accident or illness cover, is there such a thing? If so, can anyone recommend anyone, is it expensive?

I may try the company I have my public liability with on Tuesday, but just thought I would ask.

Anne

I've been thinking about this recently too, but i was thinking about hand insurance and if it was possible to get this (in the same way that michael flatley had his feet insured)

Does a persons national insurance contributions cover general illness?

Hi! :)
As well as being a beauty therapist I'm a fitness instructor. I have separate insurance for that and for an extra £15 a year(which I think is very reasonable) I'm covered for accident or illness. It might be worth ringing your existing provider and just asking if they offer anything suitable.
hope that helps.
:)

Yep, lots of companies offer accident and sickness insurance, it's a very popular product. Make sure you read the small print though - policies often have an excess period where the cover doesn't start until you've been off at least a month, for example - so check carefully! Also if you need unemployment cover and are self-employed, be especially careful - often it won't pay out unless you close your business down!

Latest posts

Back