Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love wella ive brought a few ilumina shades to try out, will report back once i have! Im having my extensions taken out end of december and am wanting to go back to my natural base of an 8.
Hair at the mo is bleached to a base 10 (some warmth still) and am thinking of trying illumina 8/0 with pastel with no pre pigging as ive heared the shades are fairly warm, are they? or does anyone have any other advice? Thanks!x

Anyone help with this? Has anyone used the base shades yet? only used the 9/60 xx

What are your ideas? What systems do you normally use? Xoxo

Hi thanks for getting back to me i have tried wella 12/89 40vol left on for 1 hour, but colour very very warm brassy. I want a nice cool ash colour.
It is usually wella colours i use.

Hi thanks for getting back to me i have tried wella 12/89 40vol left on for 1 hour, but colour very very warm brassy. I want a nice cool ash colour.

9/60 is loey if put over a warm colour with pastel. Someone has shown their results being very violet so i would guess you will end up more pinky xoxo

What are your ideas? What systems do you normally use? Xoxo

So do u mean I should use my 12/89 and then use 9/60?

Sorry mis read. If she's a 5 base and warm try 9/60 with 10/0 and 12% xoxo

Really would never of thot of that thanks, and also if my bleached hi light clients are asking for more natural tones would u recommend I use Illumina also?
I am mobile hairdresser so these are all new to me.

Really would never of thot of that thanks, and also if my bleached hi light clients are asking for more natural tones would u recommend I use Illumina also?
I am mobile hairdresser so these are all new to me.

Iv only used 9/60 and 10 before, but if it works along the lines of other brands the. Yes it will work, try toning down the bleach with a 6 line.
I don't have my chart, but my mum got really excited when she seen the chart and chose a warm colour (I think 7/34 but not 100% sure if it exists, just what I think it is) xoxo

Hey guys was just wondering when u. Open a tube of colour how long does it last? If u know what I mean like if u don't use it open etc thanks

Hey guys was just wondering when u. Open a tube of colour how long does it last? If u know what I mean like if u don't use it open etc thanks

Varies by manufacturer. If stored properly (in the dark and away from heat with the top screwed on properly) I woul say 6 months xoxo

Iv only used 9/60 and 10 before, but if it works along the lines of other brands the. Yes it will work, try toning down the bleach with a 6 line.
I don't have my chart, but my mum got really excited when she seen the chart and chose a warm colour (I think 7/34 but not 100% sure if it exists, just what I think it is) xoxo

Yeah there is a 7/34, I just meant like instead of bleach foils which I do a lot and clients want away from bleach shal I use like 10/36 and 12% on foils would this work ?

I'm in love with the new wella illumina colours has anyone experimented with these yet? Look at the light reflection on this blonde . I used 9/60, 8/1, 10/1 and 7/3. Very impressed with the results of these colours . :)

Was this all just done in foils?

Does anyone know if the neutral shades are warm??? wanting to try the 8/ on my bleached base 10 hair (still a little warm) thinking of not pre pigging, just applying with pastel?

Varies by manufacturer. If stored properly (in the dark and away from heat with the top screwed on properly) I woul say 6 months xoxo

Okay thank u xo

Yeah there is a 7/34, I just meant like instead of bleach foils which I do a lot and clients want away from bleach shal I use like 10/36 and 12% on foils would this work ?

What's te base and tone? Xoxo

Anyone know what shades are used for this and if its with illumina? Showed up on google when searching illumina xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354137764.677732.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354137764.677732.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 694
hello!
I have a client who has been colored with 12/16 9%.
The colour was beautiful, but she would love to have a cooler colour.
We just got illumina in our saloon, and i wonder if i should try the glossing alternative.
but if i use 9/60 with 1,9% and conditioner 1:1:1 for 10 min. will it get very purple? should i use 10/1 instead? she means its too yellow, looks like a 10/36 now.
but im afraid it can get purple/pink with 9/60..?
what do you guys think?
she is coming in on monday afternoon, hoping someone coud help me with an answer this weekend?

i could use a 10/16 pastel.
maybe the colour will hold on longer, and not be washed out to quickly as if i use a glossing tecnique with illumina?

Anyone know what shades are used for this and if its with illumina? Showed up on google when searching illumina xoxo

this isn't illumina at all. Would be CT or KP x

Latest posts

Back