I'm going mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have redecorated my family room in similar colours. Off white walls with grey and silver pattern wallpaper on chimney breast, then put bits of red, grey and black aound. Looks lovely. I got the wallpaper from local D I Y, it is a designer called Julia MacDonald. It was quite expensive but as you only use it on one wall it's not so bad. I've also seen similar in Homebase and Laura Ashley.

I have the natural calico on my walls and it goes lovely with the greys and silvers.

Do you get the cushions with it too??

My friend hates wallpaper but loves the patterns!
She alwasy rips off a sample piece of wallpaper from like b&q and puts in a frame on the wall, that way she has simple walls but frames with patterns it looks great!
Just rip an extra big sample! x

Hi,
A good paint to use is Dulux Light & Space. Have a look at their color chart. I would recomend Frosted Dawn or Desert Wind. For some inspiration in patterns for your curtains etc check out
www.romafabrics.com
The Floresca Papaya is especially nice. I know they are a bit on the pricey side but the web site will give you some ideas on how patterns work together. You can also order there latest printed brochures.
Another site is Designer Wallpaper, Wallcoverings, Curtain Fabrics and Upholstery Fabrics, Designer wallcoverings and contemporary wallpapers to buy online
they offer an online design service. Just tell them your idea and they will match up your wallpaper and fabric for you. I especially like the Fig wallpaper in Auburgene, black and gold.
You are not tied to colour with black so try not to limit yourself. Pinks and limes go well with black. Happy decorating :)

I personally would go with the black flock french boudoir wallpaper it funky and will look great against the black couch. You can also get a black and cream rug with the design on too.

Beiges and creams also look cool with black, in my bedroom we have a superking black shiny bed, black couch (3 seater) and chair I have gone for the french look but added looks of creams to keep it soft, black and cream hairy roman blinds too (these sound horrid but are cool) scater cushions really add that touch.

Do you get the cushions with it too??

yes hunnie the cushions come with it

I have ordered the massive 4 seater a large 2 seater and the big bad boy buffet lol looks more like a bloody table

wow mannipatch

my head is really hurting now with all the choice you just give me thank you lol

Love that couch! I bought a black one in august from DFS and want another one I seen on the TV but OH has put his foot down hehe!

My room I have black suede curtains, Cream and black wallpaper on one wall that has birds on it, and the other walls are cream and I painted my chimney breast dark grey. I have Oak coloured furniture and a cream rug.

My whole house is monochrome but I add Red or green in as a highlight colour (accessories) to break it up a bit!

I want a new couch.....................

Latest posts

Back