Im going to be a pain...Nouveau?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Ok so ive heard some good things about nouveau pro 5 glue. I need to buy a new glue. I use eyelash emporium black ultra. Has anyone tried both? And can maybe outline the differences.

Or does anyone have an option on the glue anyway? What colour is it? I lik black glues.Ive done some forum searching...but hoping someone has a comparable answer.

Also any idea how much is in a bottle. I pressume not a lot for the cost. theres 10ml in my ultra black.

I know im a pain adding another ee thread but Id really like some advice and opinions...

I haven't tried the eyelash emporium glue although I will be trying it soon.
I have used the Ultrabond Pro 5. It is black bit it is too slow setting for me.
I trained with Nouveau so it was the first glue I used. I was always getting stickies with it and once I changed glue, my timings were much quicker. It's ok for a glue when you are practicing but personally I think it is far too slow.

Aw thanks. I tried eyelash emporum platinum clear. Now i think Im pretty quick. I thought there was something wrong with the glue. Nope. 1 sec drying time. X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

What glue do u use now?

I use xflex from ABX Beauty. It's a really quick setting glue and I never get any stickies. I do like to try different glues though and was going to try the clear one from eyelash exporium to compare. It will be great for coloured lashes but not sure about using it with black lashes unless it's mixed a bit with some black glue, and will that then compromise the speed? Hmmm...I will give it a try anyway.

I use xflex from ABX Beauty. It's a really quick setting glue and I never get any stickies. I do like to try different glues though and was going to try the clear one from eyelash exporium to compare. It will be great for coloured lashes but not sure about using it with black lashes unless it's mixed a bit with some black glue, and will that then compromise the speed? Hmmm...I will give it a try anyway.

I actually do mix it with my black glue...it does compromise the speed of the platinum. Theyt do a small bottle for 16 i think... worth it to try i would say. What quick setting to you? I say 2-3 seconds is ideal for me. How often do you do infills with xlfex? Im doing infills every 2-4 weeks with ultra black depending on client. My own client had 90% of the lashes on at 5 weeks.

I actually do mix it with my black glue...it does compromise the speed of the platinum. Theyt do a small bottle for 16 i think... worth it to try i would say. What quick setting to you? I say 2-3 seconds is ideal for me. How often do you do infills with xlfex? Im doing infills every 2-4 weeks with ultra black depending on client. My own client had 90% of the lashes on at 5 weeks.

Hi just jumping in - I use Xflex too and clients come back after 2 weeks with about 60% left on. The drying time for me is about 3 seconds.
However it does have a fume and most clients eyes will water after 1 hour :-/

It depends on where the clients are in their lash cycle to how long the lashes last. I do infills at either 2 or 3 weeks.
I used to use another glue from ABX Beauty but they stopped doing it and bought the xflex out instead.
Yes it is a bit more fumey but it is much better than the old glue. I use a hand held fan to dry the lashes after and I just fan them for a couple of minutes more.
I've never had problems with clients eyes watering either, unless they open their eyes half way through which a couple have and scared me half to death!

I have a feeling ABX adhesive and Flirties may be the same glue just relabelled.

Angelina, I think you will find the EE black glue a little bit slower than you are used to.

We were advised at the CryBaby training that you can use the machine at the end of lash application to cure the lash glue . Have you tried it?

I have a feeling ABX adhesive and Flirties may be the same glue just relabelled.

Angelina, I think you will find the EE black glue a little bit slower than you are used to.

We were advised at the CryBaby training that you can use the machine at the end of lash application to cure the lash glue . Have you tried it?

No I haven't Elaine. I may give that a try.
I'm pretty sure xflex and Flirties are not the same glue. Xflex is much thicker than Flirties.
Have you tried the EE clear glue?

No I haven't Elaine. I may give that a try.
I'm pretty sure xflex and Flirties are not the same glue. Xflex is much thicker than Flirties.
Have you tried the EE clear glue?

No haven't tried the clear glue. I have tried just about everything and always go back to Flirties (despite my ongoing problems with the tops breaking off).

I assumed that Flirties and abx were the same as they seem to be equally fast drying and are in the same bottles. Glad you cleared that up.

Would love to hear your feedback on the EE clear glue so keep me posted.

I'm not sure if a glue just might be TOO fast. You still need those few seconds to position the lash. If it was mega fast you might end up wasting more time trying to remove lashes that aren't positioned quite right but are stuck fast!

No haven't tried the clear glue. I have tried just about everything and always go back to Flirties (despite my ongoing problems with the tops breaking off).

I assumed that Flirties and abx were the same as they seem to be equally fast drying and are in the same bottles. Glad you cleared that up.

Would love to hear your feedback on the EE clear glue so keep me posted.

I'm not sure if a glue just might be TOO fast. You still need those few seconds to position the lash. If it was mega fast you might end up wasting more time trying to remove lashes that aren't positioned quite right but are stuck fast!

Its not fast. Im quick but like you say you need those few seconds. It is 1 second and trust me theres nothing more than a second with ee clear glue. I actually called eyelash emporium and they have had numerous calls questioning the glue as its so quick....well that was her line! Anyway she said she had been doing extensions for years and years and could not use the glue. x

Its not fast. Im quick but like you say you need those few seconds. It is 1 second and trust me theres nothing more than a second with ee clear glue. I actually called eyelash emporium and they have had numerous calls questioning the glue as its so quick....well that was her line! Anyway she said she had been doing extensions for years and years and could not use the glue. x

I MEANT IT IS FAST X SILLY ME

I wont be buying another bottle

Hello hun
I have pro 5 and it's not quick maybe 5 secs and lots of stickies even though I've started using a lot less! They have an ultra pro bond which is supposed to be good & is quicker! I'm ordering that tomorrow so I'll bring them both up for you to have ago next week

Xx

ProperPrincess-before you ask, I've used both glues from Nouveau! They were both too slow for me :)

ProperPrincess-before you ask, I've used both glues from Nouveau! They were both too slow for me :)

lol i was about to ask. ha ha.

Fake it. Whats the plan. pm me xx

Xflex is much thicker than flirties expert strength but both similar drying speeds

Nouveau pro x5 is faster than the pro 5 but has more fumes but can be mixed together

My 3 fave adhesives are: Flirties 1st, abx xflex 2nd, nouveau pro x5 3rd

I phone nouveau today to order the glue, but she said the pro x 5 was the same drying time as pro 5, that it's just longer lasting?? Not what the trainer had said but anyway, I told her it was taking too long to dry and that I was getting stickies so she said maybe it was a dodgy bottle and Is sending me a new one free of charge which I thought was very kind :lol:

X

Aw wow that's good service! Flirties are sending me a sample x

Oh that's good of them! There glue comes highly recommended on here! Was going to try that next! Where did you get a sample from hun?

Latest posts

Back