Important message for your health!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-chick

Reaction score
i can't stress the importance of stretching your hands, wrists and arm before, during and after your work day!

i've been doing nails for 18 years now and would sort of do stretching so i wouldn't get carpel tunnel syndrome, how silly i was being!!

in december, i was picking up a gallon of orange juice for my husband, who just had back surgery. when i lifted it up, i heard and felt a "pop" in the elbow of my right (dominant) arm!:eek:

sudden pain, almost immediate bruising and swelling. since i was taking care of him, i put off going to the doctor. finally, in january, i did go and found out i ripped the tendons! a BAD case of tendonitis with 2-3 mm tares. it made writing very difficult, so you can imaging how doing nails and nail art has been!

i'm going through physical therapy with ion therepy and more, we're trying not to go for the surgery.

...and, all of this came just as i was starting a 12-24 nail art design and photo shoot for nails international magazine! it slowed my down. thank God for acetominaphin!!

so, please, stretch and don't take your hands and arms for granted!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Kathleen, I couldn't agree with you more.

It is something that perhaps some of us put to the back of our minds, because we are too busy thinking about, our techniques, clients, training, business, etc.
Me included might I add. Guilty as charged!

So thank you for giving us a quick reminder!!:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear you have been in pain, we take so much for granted so thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Get well soon.

Sending you big hugs :hug: :hug:, hope you can recover quickly & thanks for the advise, its definatelty something I will take on bored.

Hope you feel better soon and thankyou for these wise words.

I suffered with carpel tunnel syndrome terribly whilst and after i was pregnant in both hands/wrists, I have been fortunate as it has eased off now.

I will certainly make sure now though that I do stretch, I think this is a very important message that you are sending and I for one am very grateful of the reminder.

Teri x:hug:

The docs said that this is what i had through december which put me in a cast for 4 weeks.

I go to the hospital on tuesday to see a consultant with a view to surgery but i really cant afford to take time off work so think i may decline it.

It has settled down but im very warey of it flaring back up! :irked:

i know what yu mean about taking time off for surgery!
i'm having surgery on my knee on february 28 for an injury i received a year and a half ago!
my clients aren't too easy to move around and my boss is making me take off the time that the doctor said to.
big loss of income, it's only my knee!
i hope i don't need surgery on my elbow, i'll be scrounging for money!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

i can't stress the importance of stretching your hands, wrists and arm before, during and after your work day!

i've been doing nails for 18 years now and would sort of do stretching so i wouldn't get carpel tunnel syndrome, how silly i was being!!

in december, i was picking up a gallon of orange juice for my husband, who just had back surgery. when i lifted it up, i heard and felt a "pop" in the elbow of my right (dominant) arm!:eek:

sudden pain, almost immediate bruising and swelling. since i was taking care of him, i put off going to the doctor. finally, in january, i did go and found out i ripped the tendons! a BAD case of tendonitis with 2-3 mm tares. it made writing very difficult, so you can imaging how doing nails and nail art has been!

i'm going through physical therapy with ion therepy and more, we're trying not to go for the surgery.

...and, all of this came just as i was starting a 12-24 nail art design and photo shoot for nails international magazine! it slowed my down. thank God for acetominaphin!!

so, please, stretch and don't take your hands and arms for granted!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

I really agree with you on this. I have a bit of trouble with my right arm, shoulder and hand. It really flares up if I do massages, without doing stretching exercises first.

We really need to take care of our hands.....I tore a ligament in my left thumb just before Christmas....it's still not up to its former strength....I was lucky I never broke the bone or tore the ligament completely!

Latest posts

Back