Improvised Pedi Station?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyQs

Reaction score
I just did a gel pedi on a friend at my house. I don't have a proper set up and am not in a position to buy a pedi station. My friend sat on my office desk chair and I alternated between sitting on a stool and on the floor. Needless to say, my back is quite stiff now. Any ideas for a comfortable improvised station? I also have a nice couch in the room, not sure if that could be worked into arrangement. Open to ideas....
Thx, Alex :rolleyes:

hia!! im always stuck with this problem. at the moment i sit on the floor to do pedi's but i feel like it looks unprofessional and also it hurts my back too:irked:
i am also open to ideas as i have heard people using 'little stools' ect but not sure how well they will work? i think really it depends on what the client is sitting on - how high it is??

tori x

hia!! im always stuck with this problem. at the moment i sit on the floor to do pedi's but i feel like it looks unprofessional and also it hurts my back too:irked:
i am also open to ideas as i have heard people using 'little stools' ect but not sure how well they will work? i think really it depends on what the client is sitting on - how high it is??

tori x
Hi Tori!
Well I have 2 options - either on the couch or on my office chair which is quite comfy and has adjustable height. At it's highest setting maybe it would work with a small stool. I agree being on the floor isn't the most professional! Especially with the UV lamp having to be rotated from foot to foot, I felt like I was getting all jumbled up!

i must admit it was easier when i worked in a salon - the cleint sat on a chair and we had those leather office type chairs that go up and down - so we would put our chairs on the lowest setting. pedicures are one of my most popular treatments i would love a better way to do them but it is so hard being mobile!!

never mind i guess we will keep on trying new techniques till something works for our poor aching backs!!

tori x

never mind i guess we will keep on trying new techniques till something works for our poor aching backs!! tori x[/quote]

Yes, like popping some pills LOL:hug:

I have a small stool which I sit on with the client in a normal chair/sofa and they can rest their foot on my knee. My lovely husband has also made me a small table to put all my pedi equipment on too and it's all foldable as I'm mobile.

I have to say though that if I had a salon I would perform the pedi with the client on the couch, so much easier on the back and to apply the polish!

i rarely do pedis these days, but when i do i like to have my client lying on my couch. i dont do a foot soak anymore, i remove scrub, mask etc with hot damp cloths. i sit at the end of the couch on my regular adjustable height chair, it makes such a difference to my back, knees and hips.
gel toes are done on the couch too.

Ahhh...
The couch sounds nice... I guess I need to get a better stool to sit on and a side table that is more convenient than what I used today. Great to hear what others use.
Thanks all:hug:
alex

Portable Massage Therapy Couches, Craniosacral & Reiki Tables & IPM Training Centres UK

I use to have this small fold up stool for the clients to rest their leg of foot on its the first one, best thing i ever bought maybe if you could get one of these with a small stool for yourself it would be more comfortable for you and your client xxxHTHxxx

Hi,

When you say "rest their foot or leg" do you mean the actually foot (sole down on the chair) or do you mean resting their leg so that you can do work on the foot or both ?

I assume you have to move it around between the legs and do you sit on the floor whilst using it or do you have a small chair as well ?

Marlise

Hi,

When you say "rest their foot or leg" do you mean the actually foot (sole down on the chair) or do you mean resting their leg so that you can do work on the foot or both ?

I assume you have to move it around between the legs and do you sit on the floor whilst using it or do you have a small chair as well ?

Marlise

No you won't have to move it around if you use a foot spa put the feet in to soak and then they put one leg up on the stool for you to work on whilst the other is still soaking and then swap over and i would have a stool for yourself to sit on, i normally i rest their leg on the stool not so the foot is flat on the stool the only time i get them to put their foot flat on the stool is to polish the toes

No you won't have to move it around if you use a foot spa put the feet in to soak and then they put one leg up on the stool for you to work on whilst the other is still soaking and then swap over and i would have a stool for yourself to sit on, i normally i rest their leg on the stool not so the foot is flat on the stool the only time i get them to put their foot flat on the stool is to polish the toes

Thanks for that.

I just couldn't get the picture in my mind.

Marlise

How about one of those 'leather' cubes meant to be foot stools from Woolies, only £10 and ideal!

Hi,

I use a fold up chair for kids. It's fantastic! Light and easy to carry around, saved my back from a lot of pain...

I saw some fab lightweight fold up chairs in IKEA that i think i will get for mobile pedicures.

I saw some fab lightweight fold up chairs in IKEA that i think i will get for mobile pedicures.

Off to Ikea I go! thanks all!:confused:

Any idea what they are called ?

Marlise

Latest posts

Back