Indian head massage - course which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzev

Reaction score
Hi Just looking for some advice.
I have my C & G level 2 beauty modules and would like to do IHM, my local college does a VTCT one that starts next week and is about 18 weeks (evenings) or do I go for a one day diploma course say at somewhere like gateway.Is 1 day sufficient to learn this?. There is quite a difference in price with the college course almost triple the one day course. Do you really get what you pay for? I believe the VTCT course includes all the A&P so could then go onto body massage. Would it be in depth than a one day course?Do you guys get much call for Indian Head Massage? Would appreciate ome advice please as enrolment date for college course would have to be in the next few days.:confused:
Thanks

Personally, I don't think one day is enough to learn and I'm a little shocked that qualifications certificates are given out on the day of attending after only having done the routine once while following the booklet. What is even more disturbing is that the various lead bodies actually give accreditation to these courses.

I would do the weekly evening course. It will give you time to practice and consolidate on what you have been taught. It will also give the tutor the opportunity to correct any errors. If it also includes A & P, then I would say this is what you are paying the extra for. The Gateway course does not include any A & P which you will need it you want to do body massage. Personally, I don't get a huge call for IHM, but then I offer quite a few different massage treatments which people seem to prefer.

I would say go for the college VTCT course. I completed mine in December and it was great, really cannot see how you would learn it all in a day course. not properly anyway. Am now doing body massage so it was quite a good stepping stone.

I agree with the above - go for the VTCT course - it'll be far more indepth and you will learn how to do the massage correctly using proper techniques and therefore learn exactly why you are performing different massage techniques for different areas of the upper back, arms, shoulders, head, neck and face etc.
The a & P part of the course will link in nicely with this and agin give you a greater understanding as to what you are actually doing and why...
I cannot understand how anyone would feel competent after a one day course it baffles me! xxx

I'm IHM qualified and I agree with the above ...definately go for the VTCT course ,you will learn far more in-depth techiques correctly and therefore learn exactly why you are performing different massage techniques for different areas of the upper back, arms, shoulders, head, neck and face etc. you will also learn Anatomy & Physiology in the course which concentrates on the bones..ect.and health and safety aspect,consultations and contraindications. IHM is fast becoming a popular treatment .

I don't understand how anyone would feel competent after a one day course it took me 18 weeks to be fully competent when i did mine.

I am 2 weeks away from completing my VTCT IHM and would recommend it over a day course, the course content is in depth and the A+P is crucial, doubt if a one day course would be able give you the confidence you build up during the VTCT course.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back