Infill nightmare!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
im really thinking of not doing nails anymore, as infills are getting to me , today was a nightmare , i started just before 5 and didnt get finished till nealy quarter to 8 :?: i just couldnt get rid of the line iv tryed line out in the past but i dont think that works to be honest , i used 100-180 file and i just seemed to be filing for ever and the line was still visable :o i just felt like given up half way through but i did get through it but there were visible line still there dont know if im doing anything wrong and i think iv put my client off as she says she would phone me for another appointment :( i dont know what to do as iv got another set next week and im feeling panicky already HELP !! Do i need refresher course to pick up filing techniques ??? :sad:

What is wrong is that you have that amount of lifting in the first place. Eliminate the lifting and you will not have lines to deal with. You know this makes sense and you also know that experienced technicians do not have this level of problem.

I would get a 121 with an educator who can see what you are doing and correct it. It will be money well spent ... if you love doing nails you will do this. Re-balancing is 80% of what we do in the salon. It just CAN'T be something you hate doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i no exactley how you feel , im the same altho iv had a few clients wanting infills

sorry new to this and i was interupted ! i was gonna say iv had a few clients who want rebalances and i can see the line in the previous therapists work and wonder if this is acceptable or is this why they ve change nail techs ? x have you tried scrub fresh after ur filing to see if u can see ur line ? another therapist suggested droping a little acetone on the line but im scared to try .

Aaaawww to you both :hug::hug:! I think we have all been there ... Well at least I know that I have!

Try to up grade the grit file as you go , you will prob find that line goes as you get to your 220 grit if you need to get that high ! The one thing that made the biggest difference to me was learning how to file properly! , my nails have got soooo much better and my timings and it was almost over night! There is a video that shows it sooo clearly ! You might have seen the video before it isnt a secret lol but if you go get a felt tip pen, some nail tips a file and a cup of coffee settle down to watch it repeatedly for an hour or two you will find it eraser tomorrow! :)
YouTube - cndvideo's Channel

im really thinking of not doing nails anymore, as infills are getting to me , today was a nightmare , i started just before 5 and didnt get finished till nealy quarter to 8 :?: i just couldnt get rid of the line iv tryed line out in the past but i dont think that works to be honest , i used 100-180 file and i just seemed to be filing for ever and the line was still visable :o i just felt like given up half way through but i did get through it but there were visible line still there dont know if im doing anything wrong and i think iv put my client off as she says she would phone me for another appointment :( i dont know what to do as iv got another set next week and im feeling panicky already HELP !! Do i need refresher course to pick up filing techniques ??? :sad:

What is wrong is that you have that amount of lifting in the first place. Eliminate the lifting and you will not have lines to deal with. You know this makes sense and you also know that experienced technicians do not have this level of problem.

I would get a 121 with an educator who can see what you are doing and correct it. It will be money well spent ... if you love doing nails you will do this. Re-balancing is 80% of what we do in the salon. It just CAN'T be something you hate doing.[/

i didnt think she had much lifting to be honest , but when filing where the nail had grown down to that was the problem blending it in and not wanting to file the clients own nail.:o
i think a wee refresher course is on the cards i think , as to be honest infills isnt the regular thing i do and i know i should but if im not going to be very good clients wont come back to me and im not wanting that :sad:

i know NSI do refresher courses , but at the moment i cant afford what they are asking :o would i be able to go back to night college and redo a nail course do you think ??

A lot of companies do one to ones where you only pay for the number of hours that you want or need. This would do you the world of good and give you a lot of confidence! :D

If your are getting lift lines then your 'nightmare' is not doing rebalances your 'nightmare' is lifting.

You need a course or class or help in solving the lifting and your 'nightmares' will go away.

We all know that lifting is a fault so you have got to get that sorted because 80% of the work we do in the salon will be rebalances and you can't go to work hating it every day because of this problem.

I'd go see an educator who can help you as soon as possible for your sake and the sake of your reputation and future business.

If you can firstly concentrate on when you fistly apply acrylic. Make sure that you dont touch the cuticles and that you properly seal them when ur done with the filing. That will prevent them from lifting.

Concerning the fill. If youve been filing for what feels like 4eva. Spray sanitiser on the nail and if the line doesnt show at all then it will usualy react the same when you fill it with the acrylic. Works like a charm 4 me. Try it! Hope it works 4 u.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi we have all dreaded this at the begining, using to high a grit file as the 100 loosens it to much I use a 180 grti file then down to a 240 once any loose acrylic is gone, to be honest since I changed over to CND Retention + it is so much easier as it just melts like butter and makes infills a joy not a chore and blends in lovely I couldn't belive it when I did my first rebalnce how brilliant it was, wish I had started with CND from the beginning. Good Luck :)

Please don't give up - I think everyone here at one time or another have been in exactly the same place you are in right now. I know I certainly have. You will get loads of support on here and a bit of extra training wouldn't go amiss when you can afford it. In the meantime stay focused, be more determined and you will definitely get there, believe me :)

Thanks guys for all your support , and feeling abit better. nsi has a couple of dates for refresher courses. Going to put the money out and do it asap, as fellow geek has said its my reputation is on the line and if im going to continue to do nails il need to be able to infill and rebalance. In the mean time il be doing alot of pratice work on my filing techniques too :D

You should try CND course instead, it might help with you lifting issues. I know it did for me and I am down to 1h 10 min for infills and like someone else mentioned the product files off nicely!!

Firstly don't give up, I have had this in the beginning and I once sat for 3 hrs doing a rebalance so you are not alone. I found if you sit and think WHY you are getting lifting, dont try and treat the symptoms treat the cause,,lol,,, Are you filing form z1 z2,z3,, so as any lift is easier, it sounds like you are chassing the line to me, try to file above the lift not on it.

Don't get disheartend talk to your client ask them to work with you.

Good luck hun and keep at it xx

You should try CND course instead, it might help with you lifting issues. I know it did for me and I am down to 1h 10 min for infills and like someone else mentioned the product files off nicely!!
Oh that sounds good :D , would u know of any CND courses coming up in Edinburgh of Glasgow:hug:

Oh that sounds good :D , would u know of any CND courses coming up in Edinburgh of Glasgow:hug:

Sure do .. Contact the Fingertips Centre on 0131 3333180 They are FAMOUS in Scotand ... they are the only licensed distributors for CND in Scotland.

I've got the same problem. I'm using the silk/acrylic system. I think my problem is, i'm touching the cuticles and sidewalls and also sometimes I tend to put my fingers on the silk. I only have myself to blame and i've gotto stop doing that. However, I find when I use my scissors to pat the silk down, it doesn't seem to stay.

I also think i'm putting too much resin on too. But as i'm very new to nails and only qualified on Thursday, it is just something which will come in time. I'm hoping to do a CND conversion course in the next two months as I really do want to do L&P.

Don't give up though hun. It's just finding out where you are going wrong and correcting it. Once you have done that, you will be fine and your confidence will soon come back.

Sure do .. Contact the Fingertips Centre on 0131 3333180 They are FAMOUS in Scotand ... they are the only licensed distributors for CND in Scotland.

Thats me booked in for the 5th july thanks hun for your support and advice , let yous all know how i get on :hug:

Thats me booked in for the 5th july thanks hun for your support and advice , let yous all know how i get on :hug:

You will be INSPIRED and you will solve your problems!!! I'm excited for you cause I know what it's like when you click!!! :idea::idea::idea: and when these go ON!! xx

YAY!! super exciting :D Your going to love CND.

Latest posts

Back