infills done with popits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
does anyone out there know if its possible to do infills with popits? just thought i'd ask incase i'm about to start wasting my time!:lol:

does anyone out there know if its possible to do infills with popits? just thought i'd ask incase i'm about to start wasting my time!:lol:
Yes it is possible, I asked Gigi, think its covered in the official popit thread, I would think there are a couple of ways to do this depending on weather you've got a natural look re balance or a French look.

yes I am sure Geeg said that you can.....there is a thread about it..i'll see if i can find it for you x

thanks guys,i tried using the search tool to find info but sooo much came up on popits and nothing on infills?!?!

Im sure Geeg said yes to this question on Thursday in Glasgow. I think she said to do your normal prep and any thining of the existing acrylic on the nail plate that you would usually do. Then taking into consideration the acylic that is already on the nail plate put enought new acrylic into the PopIt just to bring the enhancemnt back to how they were when you first did your nails.

Gosh I hope this is clear enough.

I remember Geeg using the word veneer. As if when you place the PopIt over the nail for an In-fill you get a complete covering over the initial enhacement and get a new and fresh veneer or new complete covering.

I've just bought some PopIts and am going to have a go on myself tonight. Let us know how your getting on.
Sarah xx

thanks sarah,will give it a go tomorrow and fill you in.i'v got a pretty good idea now from what you have written.here goes..........

Thin out the whole nail, prep etc then ensure you put enough acrylic into the poppit to cover the whole nail again. There is an art to this as too little - you end up with missing spots and too much - they are unbalanced, I have found. Good luck.

Julie

that seems great if your doing a natural nail but nearly all my clients have french enhancements.if i had to take the pink right the way over wouldnt that discolour the white???:eek:

I am a tad confused too doesnt take much ha ha, if was originally using a white tip (dont normally use tips only sculpt) when it came to a rebalance would i thin out the whole enhancement then replace the white on the new smile line with my white powder (would this look ok over a whit tip) then once the white set use my popit to replace pink????????????

Latest posts

Back