Initial training-realistically how long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi there

I've been going through my Creative booklet I was sent through and was looking at all the fantastic courses in there. It got me thinking that If I wanted to take each and every course in there, how long realistically would it take me?

I know cost is an issue for most, including me, but if the money was there and you're reasonably competent and can pick it up fairly quickly, how long do you think it would be before all courses were completed?

Just a thought.

P.S I had a dream last night where there was a camel with enhanced toes! It was just 'there', no relevence to anything at all!

Sarah. x

Hi there

I've been going through my Creative booklet I was sent through and was looking at all the fantastic courses in there. It got me thinking that If I wanted to take each and every course in there, how long realistically would it take me?

I know cost is an issue for most, including me, but if the money was there and you're reasonably competent and can pick it up fairly quickly, how long do you think it would be before all courses were completed?

Just a thought.

Training in nails is Life Long ... there is no completion.

Aim to get to where you want to go in the first year to year and a half and then update with one or 2 classes per year after that.

Creative have new classes every year ... that is why they are considered the best training providers in the industry. CND always look to provide what the nail technician of today NEEDS in his/her training to keep current with technology and trends.

i'm a newbie here but have been an educator in a previous profession.
improving your knowledge and skills can also be done by reading and researching - it doesn't HAVE to be a course.
True you need a good FOUNDATION course but then you need practise at home on the nailtrainer/friends/family/yourself. Reread and read again your course notes - go to the shows read the tutorials here - read the mags/books. THEN you need to think again is it a skill building or a 1-2-1 you need. Don't try to run before you can walk - been there done that and took more than a few steps back!
Good luck

i did my initial course and trained non stop for 2 years with lots of practise inbetween. Now i only do a course every few months but i love learning new things and am always open to training courses

Training in nails is Life Long ... there is no completion.

Thanks Geeg :hug:, I realise you can never get enough education when you want to be the best in your field. I love learning and feel like I can be like a sponge sometimes :)! I just wondered as there are many courses in the booklet, if I were to do them all, how long it would take? I want to do them all and realise they are constantly updated so it's an ongoing process. I am but an infant when it comes to learning this exciting trade and many of you 'out there' have been constantly updating for years and still have the thirst for knowledge (and need to have it if you are to succeed).

VillageNails :hug:- I am reading, reading, reading and reading some more!!! Lol!! I am about to get a practice hand which I feel will benefit me enormously and have been watching some of the videos from people on here and you tube, but the thing that does worry me is that because I haven't taken my initial training course yet ( I plan do do it in August when the kids are on holidays) in the eyes of some on here, it is unethical for me to buy practice materials before I have taken my course. I can see their point, but how am I supposed to practice (I do not intend on practicing on people - just the trainer) if I can't get the materials? I want to be able to put into practice what is being shown in the books. I understand though that sometimes it is best to wait or else I may pick up bad habits - a bit like your sister teaching you to drive before you get in a car with an instructor - but I just want to practice how to make a ball so it's not too wet or dry and to see if I can actually do a decent smile line before I get on a course.

Sorry went off a bit there :lol:

scattyfox :hug:- I think that's probably the best way to do it. A friend of my is creative trained, she doesn't do it any more as she's just bought a bridal salon and it takes up all of her time, but that's what she used to do. I just want to be the best around my parts and offer an extensive list. I want to learn nno rather than white tips at first as from reading on here this is the way forward at the moment and I kinda have to agree.

Basically, I have to be patient, don't I?!

Thanks for your replies

Sarah. x

I just want to be the best around my parts and offer an extensive list. I want to learn nno rather than white tips at first as from reading on here this is the way forward at the moment and I kinda have to agree.

Basically, I have to be patient, don't I?! (Quote )

Yes hun you need to be patient,
you will need to learn how to fit tips and make your smile line with the white powder as you will find that most clients come in with hardly any nail or nails in bad condition and then there is the nail biters,

We start off by giving clients enhancements with tips or sculpts and then as their own nail grows and if it is in a good condition we can then transfer them to the NNO service, with some this can take quiet a while and with others their nails are so thin that they could never wear a NNO
Just something for you to think about.

Thanks Loubylou, I will have to be patient and your advice is great! Thanks hun, I really appreciate the replies. It's nice to know how other people do things so you know you're not doing things the wrong way. I didn't realise you couldn't just 'do' nno.

Sarah. x

patience o yes!! and perseverve you will allways hit some hurdles of learning,keep focused and yu can over come !! You will find lots of support should you need it?

Thanks Geeg :hug:, I realise you can never get enough education when you want to be the best in your field. I love learning and feel like I can be like a sponge sometimes :)! I just wondered as there are many courses in the booklet, if I were to do them all, how long it would take? I want to do them all and realise they are constantly updated so it's an ongoing process. I am but an infant when it comes to learning this exciting trade and many of you 'out there' have been constantly updating for years and still have the thirst for knowledge (and need to have it if you are to succeed).

VillageNails :hug:- I am reading, reading, reading and reading some more!!! Lol!! I am about to get a practice hand which I feel will benefit me enormously and have been watching some of the videos from people on here and you tube, but the thing that does worry me is that because I haven't taken my initial training course yet ( I plan do do it in August when the kids are on holidays) in the eyes of some on here, it is unethical for me to buy practice materials before I have taken my course. I can see their point, but how am I supposed to practice (I do not intend on practicing on people - just the trainer) if I can't get the materials? I want to be able to put into practice what is being shown in the books. I understand though that sometimes it is best to wait or else I may pick up bad habits - a bit like your sister teaching you to drive before you get in a car with an instructor - but I just want to practice how to make a ball so it's not too wet or dry and to see if I can actually do a decent smile line before I get on a course.

Sorry went off a bit there :lol:

scattyfox :hug:- I think that's probably the best way to do it. A friend of my is creative trained, she doesn't do it any more as she's just bought a bridal salon and it takes up all of her time, but that's what she used to do. I just want to be the best around my parts and offer an extensive list. I want to learn nno rather than white tips at first as from reading on here this is the way forward at the moment and I kinda have to agree.

Basically, I have to be patient, don't I?!

Thanks for your replies

Sarah. x

Latest posts

Back