INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This to me sounds like its down to hand placement in the lamp, try centralising your hand in the lamp with fingers close together but obviously not touching
(Four fingers) (thumbs seperate) hth xx

I don't know about other people but I was taught to do the thumbs separate. But I can count on one hand how many times I've done it. But I would love to buy the INK lamp. I love UV but find changing the bulbs a nightmare. I've always used the same brand bulbs to match the lamp yet find they flicker once replaced. And removing the bulbs is a bit of a task. The lamp instructions never tell you how to take out the bulbs just when to.

My delivery came today and it cured fine in my gelish 18G if anyone was wandering x

see the oil is back in stock, they could do with doing some tiny ones too for retailing

see the oil is back in stock, they could do with doing some tiny ones too for retailing

Might be worth suggesting it to them ;)

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I just ask why the dropper doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle. Love the design of the bottle but do think it's odd that the dropper isn't big enough.

Ok...i've been testing this over and over and thanks to all you lovely geeks and your suggestions I think (hope) I've cracked it :D

I'm going to keep posting updates of my experiments to hopefully help others and see if there have been any changes from this initial review.

So...I applied i42 (Soft Nude) to my nails last night. As a side note this is a beautiful nude shade that would suit all skin tones (I'm vampire white myself) but can see this looking absolutely gorgeous with a tan and darker skin tones too.

I cured the base for 30s, then applied a veeeeery thin layer of colour, cured for 30s, second layer of colour went on so smooth and covered all the streaks of the initial layer, cured for another 30s as well as the top coat. The 30s for all coats seemed to be ok but need to test the longer curing times on darker colours as suggested on here.

Now the shine...it is very important (as suggested on here as well :)) to use a small, SEPARATE piece of lint free pad / cotton per nail when removing the inhibition layer, I found this made a huge difference. I also came to the conclusion that this will never be as shiny as Shellac, but there are so many other pro's to this product you have to weigh it up.

The removal is a dream - nothing more to add ;) although I am yet to test this on colour that has been on for 10+ days.

The product itself is much thinner than any other gel polish / power polish oive used which is perfect for pickers as there is very little to pick at!

I also love the smell of the liquids, I think it's a nice touch and makes the service more pleasurable.

Sorry for the novel...but I hope this is of some use to some people and I will keep updating my progress in case things change!

Thank you again to everyone who helped, very much appreciated :hug:

Forgot to mention....I still haven't found the knack for the xLac. No matter what I do there seems to be a dull, sticky layer at the end. I only bought one bottle as an experiment (and another was sent to me as a replacement for the lack of oil, along with a cuticle remover which is brilliant). Hopefully I can just use these with topcoat and add to my iLac collection.

I'm shocked people are saying ilac is dull as I find it tons shinier than shellac even clients have commented how shiny my nails especially my toes are.

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

Forgot to mention....I still haven't found the knack for the xLac. No matter what I do there seems to be a dull, sticky layer at the end. I only bought one bottle as an experiment (and another was sent to me as a replacement for the lack of oil, along with a cuticle remover which is brilliant). Hopefully I can just use these with topcoat and add to my iLac collection.

xlac is a problem imo as it is too easy to use, how long before this kind of product goes mainstream :(

Are you curing the first layer for 30secs in the ink lamp then the second for 60? In uv its 1 min then 2 mins and there is defo no sticky residue as its a no wipe finish. If its sticky then it just needs more time. At first i misread the instructions and cured both coats for 2 mins

I'm shocked people are saying ilac is dull as I find it tons shinier than shellac even clients have commented how shiny my nails especially my toes are.

I have to agree, iLac is super shiny on my nails.

xlac is a problem imo as it is too easy to use, how long before this kind of product goes mainstream :(

Are you curing the first layer for 30secs in the ink lamp then the second for 60? In uv its 1 min then 2 mins and there is defo no sticky residue as its a no wipe finish. If its sticky then it just needs more time. At first i misread the instructions and cured both coats for 2 mins

I have to agree, iLac is super shiny on my nails.

Can I ask what lamp you are all using? The only thing I can think is that I'm not getting the full cure from this ink lamp - unless you are using it too and still getting great results?

I will persevere with the shine as I am so impressed with everything else about the product / brand.

Ink lamp, uv lamp (basic one no brand) they even work in a 6w gellack lamp i have. Just keep playing :)

Can I ask what lamp you are all using? The only thing I can think is that I'm not getting the full cure from this ink lamp - unless you are using it too and still getting great results?

I will persevere with the shine as I am so impressed with everything else about the product / brand.

I'm using a basic 36w UV lamp. I have used it on shellac too. Never had a problem with curing.

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm using my cnd lamp

I find that it's shiny on natural nails but slightly dull on colour pops.

Just ordered my kits with lamp so will keep you posted as to how I get on with the ink lamp.

Think I'm getting a free xlac with my order. The name xlac does remind my of a diuretic chocolate called xlax.

Is the xlac free with the kit?

I think they have a new offer on now for x-lac?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I saw on their Facebook 10% off everything the coupon code is xlac also for every £50 u spend u get a free xlac so if u spend £200 u receive 4 xlac free offer ends end of June xx

Anyone had any shrinkage problems with i-40? Applied this to a lady who hasn't had gel polishes before, did all the prep work, etc but found it shrank on the side walls. Anyone had this problem or have any advice please?

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402001131409.jpg
    1402001131409.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 343
Got my kit and asked my mum to be my first ink Guinea pig!! She hasn't had gel polish before but it went on brilliantly:) she had i-40 and I used the ink lamp to cure. All's great so far and looking forward to testing out the removal. I've also used some pigments and glitters on a couple of ring pops. I'm now wearing i-21 which is stunning. I'm completely sold so far and looking forward to promoting this to my ladies:)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402004860674.jpg
    1402004860674.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 1402004877511.jpg
    1402004877511.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 1402004889475.jpg
    1402004889475.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 298

Latest posts