INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please could anyone tell me the cuticle oil ingredients? I have emailed but not had a response yet. Thanks! :)

I will have a look on my bottle when I get back to work. But it is very strange that they haven't emailed you back. Have you ordered from them yet! Xx

I love reading their emails lol. I will order today, now everything I wanted is back in stock :lick:

Ok honest opinions. UV lamp or INK LED lamp. Anyone find a difference in end result ???

They emailed me the oil inci a month ago but i cant find the email :( i do remember it has sweet almond oil and wheat germ oil which have vitamin D and E

Loving the polishes. Got my kit last week with the INK lamp, cures fine. Here are min with i-8 & i-27, with added loose glitter :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402259583.328919.jpg

It's no use...I can't get this to work for me :(

Used i40 in 3 very thin coats and it's patchy as anything in certain lights (I know it's not my application because I haven't had this problem with other brands) and just nowhere near as shiny as Shellac.

Very disappointed, wanted to love this, my search continues...

Thank you everybody for all your help and suggestions.

Sian I'm so glad I'm not the only one I'm going to keep at it though for a while longer. Every time mine turns out wrong it's so disheartening :-(

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear your not getting on with INK.
I still think it's amazing and so hard waring. I did mine on Friday and took off hair colours, shampoo clients, cleaned without gloves, prepared chopped veg and cut into the polish as I was a bit tipsy, and it's still looking good.
I even took off someone's polish with acetone and melted the polish and it's still on.
I guess we all work differently. I hope you guys find what your looking for. Xx

Sian I'm so glad I'm not the only one I'm going to keep at it though for a while longer. Every time mine turns out wrong it's so disheartening :-(

I know exactly what you mean, it's such a shame...I hope you find what works for you hun

Arh thank you you too. I use gelish as my main product which is great but I do hope to add this one too if I can get the hang of it

Sorry to hear it's not working for you. I've seen on this forum many times that not every product is suited to every nail. Before INK I only used Gelish and that just wouldn't work for one client. All the rest were fine. INK works brilliantly for her. I guess it's a bit like skincare - you have to find what works for you. Maybe try applying it to other people's nails rather than your own and see if that helps? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

try curing the second colour coat for a little longer, shake the bottle well and as smuff says give the nail a good wipe down with the ink cleaner (fresh pad for each nail). For those darker colours maybe even try an additional top coat. If its still not right maybe use the gelish top coat, the only problem would be that it will then take longer to remove

Oh thank you all for your advice I will be giving it another try. Seeing some of the pics on here how lovely they are. I'm quite determined to get it right! Lol

It's no use...I can't get this to work for me :(

Used i40 in 3 very thin coats and it's patchy as anything in certain lights (I know it's not my application because I haven't had this problem with other brands) and just nowhere near as shiny as Shellac.

Very disappointed, wanted to love this, my search continues...

Thank you everybody for all your help and suggestions.

Try stirring your gel polish with an orange wood stick to ensure the pigments haven't settled to the bottom of the bottle xx how long are you curing the top coat for? Xx

Try stirring your gel polish with an orange wood stick to ensure the pigments haven't settled to the bottom of the bottle xx how long are you curing the top coat for? Xx

Thanks for the tip i'll give it a go.

I've been curing the base for 30s, first colour coat 30s, second colour coat 60s and the top coat for 60s (although i've tried curing this for 30s as well with the same result).

A lot of the patchiness is concentrated on the tip of the nails (I have tried not capping and this is the last place I swipe off excess product so don't understand it)

I read saturdays newsletter about 10 times, they crack me up:lol:

i-30 Blue Jazz with silver design ring finger and thumb.

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402331924725.jpg
    1402331924725.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 248

I'm a big stirring fan. This really does work. I've got a wand thing to stir them with but to be honest. Orang sticks and cocktail sticks do the job better. And you can get really cheap cocktail sticks from places like Wilko's and home bargains. Xx

Don't forget that INK make their own bonder which I use and it's very mild.

Thanks for the tip i'll give it a go.

I've been curing the base for 30s, first colour coat 30s, second colour coat 60s and the top coat for 60s (although i've tried curing this for 30s as well with the same result).

A lot of the patchiness is concentrated on the tip of the nails (I have tried not capping and this is the last place I swipe off excess product so don't understand it)

The patchiness sounds like its shrinkage,due to the base being applied too thick, apply the base uber thin, you should be able to do one hand with one dip in the brush and really rub it on the nail, the colour coats need to be practically see through before curing, remember cap the free edge as you do the layers, the top coat should be applied thinly and cured, I cure mine for 90 secs and this gives a high shine. (Led lamps do vary) don't give up we'll troubleshoot this with you xx

Just had email from INK regarding application and curing.
Their is no issues with shrinkage or curing/shine when using UV lamp. However they do recommend adding 30 seconds for dark colours under LED.
They also recommend keeping layers uber thin as recommended by tiptop. Capping only base/first colour coat/top coat. They also advise that 2 coats of top can be applied. And again mentioned by tiptop is to keep base layer really thin and one dip really enough to do they whole hand. Xx

Latest posts

Back