INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have 40 bottles of ilac. But wanting to try xlac for express manicures. What everyone's opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, its never gonna replace the traditional system but i wear it as do the other girls in the salon cos its so easy to use. I lightly buff the nail and use bonder to make it last longer. Maybe just get 1 or 2 to try

I love it. But not given it a real beating yet to so see how long it lasts. Xx

Now you can go down the route of slightly buffing before application then applying bonder. To make it last longer. But I would suggest just buffing the top of the free edge not the nail bed. As I find my product never lifts from the cuticle area but if it does come away then it will be the free edge.
But to be fair it's a good product for manicures. I market it in my salon as a no wait nail polish, so my customers are bowled over when it lasts slightly longer than normal polish. I just tell them that they will need acetone to remove or come to me for removal.
It's amazing for girls (or boys) who decide last minute they want some polish on before a night out, as it's performed so quickly they think your amazing and the news really has travelled fast and that's just having the 2 shades in stock. And someone did suggest on another post that you can use it as top coat to ilac to add depth and then you don't have to wipe off.

This is 3(!) coats of i8 (Neon Extreme Pink) but it was still see through so added a layer of xLac x-10 (Full On Pink) on top.

Did you use a top coat as well or just the x10.
And how is it lasting? Xx

Did you use a top coat as well or just the x10.
And how is it lasting? Xx

No, I just added the xLac, I wore it to work then took it off when I got home. I'm going to do a few swatches tonight then put on a colour to test how long it lasts :)

Not sure about putting xlac on to of ilac but i do sometimes put the ilac top coat on the xlac. Another tip for it lasting longer apart from what smuff recommended is cure it for longer, i use led to cure (ink lamp) and rather than 30 then 60seconds i do 60 then 90 and it seems to last longer

Does anybody just stock ink nails as there uv gel polish ?? And has anybody got any pictures off growth after 1-2weeks please

Thanks ladies x

I'm doing my friends tomoz she will av had it on for 3w6d I can take a pic of that if it helps xx

I think that with all products it's trial and error.

[QUOTE=Chantelle that would be great if you could please, I was Literally just buying a huge bulk of shellac but I wouldnt mind trying something new, the bottles look nice and trendy and would probably suit my clientele, and if it's just as good and will save me money that's even better, I'm awkward sceptical though and it's a big risk, what experience have you had with it ? X

Petal I used to use shellac and gelish which I have now got rid off. I only use ilac now. My clients are getting over 2 weeks most of them are getting 3 weeks but obviously the have growth so have to remove and redo :). I hope they bring out some more sparkly ones like gelish. Also petal I no they do a kit called try it love it which is one colour top and base. cleaner remover and Dyhydrator. U could try that xxx

Here are a few swatches (please ignore the messy paint job, I was trying to get these posted before I go out) these are all 2 coats.

Pic 1 - 2 coats i1 (French Pink), 1 coat i53 (Soft White)

Pic 2 - (L-R) i42 (Soft Nude), i4 (Bubblegum Pink), i8 (Neon Extreme Pink)

Pic 3 - (L-R) i17 (Sweet Red), i21 (Blood Diamond), i37 (Lilac Pearl)

Pic 4 - (L-R) i48 (Coca Cola Sparkle), i40 (Claret), i30 (Blue Jazz)

i21 has a red shimmer, i48 has a rusted copper shimmer and i30 has a blue shimmer.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Attachments

• IMG_00000911.jpg
    IMG_00000911.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_00000916.jpg
    IMG_00000916.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_00000921.jpg
    IMG_00000921.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_00000924.jpg
    IMG_00000924.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 267
Petal I used to use shellac and gelish which I have now got rid off. I only use ilac now. My clients are getting over 2 weeks most of them are getting 3 weeks but obviously the have growth so have to remove and redo :). I hope they bring out some more sparkly ones like gelish. Also petal I no they do a kit called try it love it which is one colour top and base. cleaner remover and Dyhydrator. U could try that xxx

Thanks for your reply :) I noticed that and I'm considering buying it defiantly but just getting some info first, by looking at the pictures I think they look a bit translucent which you don't get with shellac ? What do you think ?

Here are a few swatches (please ignore the messy paint job, I was trying to get these posted before I go out) these are all 2 coats.

Pic 1 - 2 coats i1 (French Pink), 1 coat i53 (Soft White)

Pic 2 - (L-R) i42 (Soft Nude), i4 (Bubblegum Pink), i8 (Neon Extreme Pink)

Pic 3 - (L-R) i17 (Sweet Red), i21 (Blood Diamond), i37 (Lilac Pearl)

Pic 4 - (L-R) i48 (Coca Cola Sparkle), i40 (Claret), i30 (Blue Jazz)

i21 has a red shimmer, i48 has a rusted copper shimmer and i30 has a blue shimmer.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Thank you for that reply that's really helpful!! Do you find them quite translucent ? Could you do 3 coats ? Is the product quite thin when it goes on, I've found shellac a nice consistency but Belisha found thin and harder to work with whats your experience ? 100 questions sorry haha Xxxx

Thank you for that reply that's really helpful!! Do you find them quite translucent ? Could you do 3 coats ? Is the product quite thin when it goes on, I've found shellac a nice consistency but Belisha found thin and harder to work with whats your experience ? 100 questions sorry haha Xxxx

That should of said gelish! Bloody spell check ! Xx

No worries, it's good to ask lots of questions and research to get the right product for you. If you look back through this thread, me and and a small majority have had problems with this product. Everyone on here has been lovely suggesting ways to help but I just can't get on with this due to the streakiness and lack of shine (these pics aren't the best examples, you can see some of the streakiness on 'extreme neon pink' and 'claret' although you can see a lot more streakiness on most of them in real life.

If you can crack the opacity and shine issue (like most people have) you will love this product, the price, removal time and company as a whole are fab. But if, like me, you just aren't satisfied with the finish then unfortunately it won't be for you.

I would suggest buying a few bottles to try, and see what you think. But I won't be purchasing anymore or using on clients. Not until I manage to solve this :sad:

If you decide to try it I wish you the best of luck and hope it works for you.

Any more questions just let me know.

Some of the colours I give 3 thin coats but I prefure it to shellac n my clients are getting a longer wear out of it. I was finding that I was having to buff when I was using shellac to get a Linder wear out of it but with this product I dnt have to. 15 ml bottle for that price it's just amazing xx

Sorry, to answer your other questions...yes it is quite thin, thinner than Shellac in my opinion. As it is thin you could definitely get away with 3 coats, in fact, whenever I've worn this I've HAD to use 3 coats and i'm still not 100% happy with the finish which isn't ideal. Again, in my opinion if you're used to the shine on Shellac then this doesn't compare, but please just take this as one view, there are far more positive ones for this product but it's good to ask a variety of people and questions to get a fair idea.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back