INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my kit on Saturday but haven't yet had notification of despatch. Did you ladies have an email from Ink to say when you will be receiving it? I know I'm being impatient but I'm just really excited :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

I ordered on bank holiday Monday and it came on weds. I got notification weds morning.

I got mine late this afternoon. Love the colours I bought but found that when wiping the sticky layer off the colour when on nail pops, the colour would wipe away too. Did anyone else find this? Didn't want to waste topcoat on it though.

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

I got mine late this afternoon. Love the colours I bought but found that when wiping the sticky layer off the colour when on nail pops, the colour would wipe away too. Did anyone else find this? Didn't want to waste topcoat on it though.

Are you using the iLac or Xlac? Any gel polish colour will wipe off slightly if you don't topcoat, although there isn't supposed to be any dispersion layer with the xLac so depends which one you're using?

Sorry, shouldve said iLac. Thought that might be the case :) thanks

I haven't ordered yet, I'm going to wait for everything that's out of stock to come back in

I'm gutted :(

I'm having a few problems.... colour is coming off after final top coat and cure, I'm applying all coats really thinly (sometimes 3 very thin coats to get full coverage) and the final result is very dull! Hardly any shine!

Can I ask for the people who bought the lamp, was there only film on the base plate? I must be missing something - need to work out what it is so this hasn't been a total waste of money. So upset, I wanted to love this product.

I'm having a few problems.... colour is coming off after final top coat and cure, I'm applying all coats really thinly (sometimes 3 very thin coats to get full coverage) and the final result is very dull! Hardly any shine!

Can I ask for the people who bought the lamp, was there only film on the base plate? I must be missing something - need to work out what it is so this hasn't been a total waste of money. So upset, I wanted to love this product.

Don't panic. The product is great. I don't use the INK lamp so can't advise re that but are you working on nails or colour pops?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

How long are you curing for?

Is this happening on all fingers or just the thumb?

Are you using the Ink Cleanser?

Have you tried more than one colour?

Have you tried to cure under a different lamp?

Are you using xlac or ilac?

How long are you curing for?

Is this happening on all fingers or just the thumb?

Are you using the Ink Cleanser?

Have you tried more than one colour?

Have you tried to cure under a different lamp?

Are you using xlac or ilac?

I've tried curing all layers for 30 seconds / 60 seconds / 120 seconds

I started on colour pops then tried on my own nails - happening on all fingers.

Yeah, I am using all the INK products that I got in my kit.

I have 12 iLac colours and 2 xLac (tried them all bar 2) - the xLac is a lost cause but I would love to get the iLac to work for me if I can.

I haven't tried another lamp, my CND one is kaput at the moment.

Thank you for trying to help everyone :hug:

I have to say though...with trying all these colours I've had to remove a few times and removal is fab!

I get so excited about 'nail mail' that I end up launching myself at it and end up missing steps etc! Maybe look at it with fresh eyes in the morning?

Only other thing I can think is that the lamp is faulty?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If the top coat looks dull then you could be over curing the top coat. This can cause a clouding effect. Or you could be transferring uncured dispersion layer to other nails!! Are you using a clean wipe for every nail??
I don't mean to be patronising but we forget this sometimes.
I had a dulling on my colour pop but i was using a lamp with out a timer, and forgot to time it. The shine did come back once it was oiled.

I use an 18w LED lamp I got from Amazon and it cures properly with no problems so I can't comment on the lamp supplied by INK.

When I did my colour pops earlier on, I did find it took a lot more 'scrubbing' with the wipe to remove the sticky layer, but I don't have to put as much effort into it when I'm removing it from nails.

The only difference I can think of is I used the INK cleanser straight from the bottle and maybe didn't have enough on the pad whereas I usually use my pump dispenser and it completely soaks the pad.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I'm going to keep plugging away until I get it! Will keep you updated :)

The xLac comes out dry, don't be tempted to wipe it or you will take the shine off, its a no wipe polish

With the ilac try the base and first colour for 30secs, then the second colour coat and top for 1 min, i forget the colour but it was a dark purple one that i had a prob with and thats what they told me, it did the trick. The others have all been fine after 30 secs using their lamp. Although to be honest i normally use a uv lamp(not a posh one it cost me £40 from millennium at the gmex)old habits die hard. Be sure to give the top coat a good wipe too with ink cleaner. The other thing u will notice is they get shinier after an hour or so

I had a problem with top coat being dull after curing in an OPI LED lamp so swapped to using my CND UV lamp and now they are fine.

The xLac comes out dry, don't be tempted to wipe it or you will take the shine off, its a no wipe polish

With the ilac try the base and first colour for 30secs, then the second colour coat and top for 1 min, i forget the colour but it was a dark purple one that i had a prob with and thats what they told me, it did the trick. The others have all been fine after 30 secs using their lamp. Although to be honest i normally use a uv lamp(not a posh one it cost me £40 from millennium at the gmex)old habits die hard. Be sure to give the top coat a good wipe too with ink cleaner. The other thing u will notice is they get shinier after an hour or so

Yes that is what I found. The shine seems to develop after while. And your right about darker shades. I found on the colour pop that after 30 seconds the second coat was taking off the first. But was ok on my real nails.
Still love this product though and it's still on my fingers after a busy week of hairdressing and a cleaning day from hell yesterday. 😍😍😍

Colour layering with ilac xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401781829.692664.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401781840.458264.jpg

Doesnt look like ill be trying any of it, i cant get the website to load :confused:

Sent from my XOOM 2 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried curing all layers for 30 seconds / 60 seconds / 120 seconds

I started on colour pops then tried on my own nails - happening on all fingers.

Yeah, I am using all the INK products that I got in my kit.

I have 12 iLac colours and 2 xLac (tried them all bar 2) - the xLac is a lost cause but I would love to get the iLac to work for me if I can.

I haven't tried another lamp, my CND one is kaput at the moment.

Thank you for trying to help everyone :hug:

I have to say though...with trying all these colours I've had to remove a few times and removal is fab!

This to me sounds like its down to hand placement in the lamp, try centralising your hand in the lamp with fingers close together but obviously not touching
(Four fingers) (thumbs seperate) hth xx

Latest posts

Back