Insanity Workout?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm truly inspired geeks! I'm going to join you, not with insanity, but with P90X. I think it was the version before, but same idea, different training each day.

I'm going to start tonight so I'll take the dreaded before pics and will hopefully see some improvement fairly quickly. I'm a big girl though, lol.

We have a week away starting Sunday 5th so I'm going to do until then and then restart when I get back... I'm really excited actually xx
Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Great to have another geek on board! Good luck :) xx

Also I find the fit tests harder than some of the actual workouts! So any Geeks out there who have done the fit test and then stopped -dont! It does get easier!

Ha ha that's what stopped me from carrying on. Glad its not so bad, just waiting for my new TV to put in my salon so I can get started, can't do it in my living room as not enough room! Bit excited now :Dxx

Ha ha that's what stopped me from carrying on. Glad its not so bad, just waiting for my new TV to put in my salon so I can get started, can't do it in my living room as not enough room! Bit excited now :Dxx

Wahoo.. Good luck! X

Well day 1, done ( I was hoping it was day 2 after the fit test )
This is the hardest workout I have ever done! I think I need to do it before bed as I can't do anything afterwards! I've no idea how you do it in the morning and then go to work!

I was thinking it must get easier?! But I don't think it does I think he just pushes you more?

I was talking to Shaun, saying " oh my god, I cannot do anymore" nearly in tears! Haha!

No pain, no gain hey! :) x

Well day 1, done ( I was hoping it was day 2 after the fit test )
This is the hardest workout I have ever done! I think I need to do it before bed as I can't do anything afterwards! I've no idea how you do it in the morning and then go to work!

I was thinking it must get easier?! But I don't think it does I think he just pushes you more?

I was talking to Shaun, saying " oh my god, I cannot do anymore" nearly in tears! Haha!

No pain, no gain hey! :) x

Lol.. This made me laugh!
I did it in the evening yesterday as didnt have time in the morning and I must say, I actually found it harder to do than when I do it in the morning! So went back to mornings this morning!
I feel that getting up early and doing it before work makes me feel really good for the day knowing that its already in the bank! 😝
It does get easier.. Well not sure it actually does lol, think you just become fitter and therefore find it a little easier!
Keep it up and good luck for day 2!
"If and when you feel like quitting, remind yourself why you started! 😉"
xxx

Done day to yeahyyyy. My legs wish I hadn't though im walking a bit strange lol. Took some pictures of my very wobbly bits.

Lol.. This made me laugh!
I did it in the evening yesterday as didnt have time in the morning and I must say, I actually found it harder to do than when I do it in the morning! So went back to mornings this morning!
I feel that getting up early and doing it before work makes me feel really good for the day knowing that its already in the bank! 😝
It does get easier.. Well not sure it actually does lol, think you just become fitter and therefore find it a little easier!
Keep it up and good luck for day 2!
"If and when you feel like quitting, remind yourself why you started! 😉"
xxx

Awww thanks :) mornings are impossible, 3 kids to get out if the door, including a 10wk old baby! Although I think he quite likes mum and dad jumping around all over the place!

Keep going people! Dig deeper! Lol. X

Awww thanks :) mornings are impossible, 3 kids to get out if the door, including a 10wk old baby! Although I think he quite likes mum and dad jumping around all over the place!

Keep going people! Dig deeper! Lol. X

Oh wow! .. Mornings are out of the window then..

Dig deeper 😜 x

So I'm sitting here drinking a Martini and watching the Insanity clips on youtube! And I totally want to do this...I want an INSANITY t-shirt!!!

Someone please tell me there are NO star jumps (I'm still scarred for life by Jillian Michaels!)

Ok here's my fit test day 1 and in today 2 weeks later. I can also report I have also lost 5 pounds!

Hi there...is that an iphone app or something? x

My legs hurt so bad! It's a pain going up the stairs....

So I'm sitting here drinking a Martini and watching the Insanity clips on youtube! And I totally want to do this...I want an INSANITY t-shirt!!!

Someone please tell me there are NO star jumps (I'm still scarred for life by Jillian Michaels!)

The star jumps are in the warm up! Not anywhere else's so far thank god as I despise star jumps!

Wonderful vibes on this thread today! Everyone keep digging deep! We can do this!

Just think about how wonderful your derrière will look in 60 days when your doing the cowboy strut! Trust me though lady's the John Wayne walk is so far (touch wood) only in week 1!!!

I'm just searching the net for all things Insanity and was wondering whether you all stick to the nutrition guide? The foods listed seem a bit 'odd', lots of processed foods?

If you don't stick to it, what do you do?

I'm just searching the net for all things Insanity and was wondering whether you all stick to the nutrition guide? The foods listed seem a bit 'odd', lots of processed foods?

If you don't stick to it, what do you do?

I don't. I have a diet shake for breakfast (after my workout) then chicken salad for lunch (I bulk make it on a Monday) which I take in to work with me.. Then just a healthy balanced dinner..
-chicken/turkey & veg
-turkey wrap
-jacket potato & salad
-turkey mince burgers in muffins
-chicken/turkey & sweet potato
Etc..

If I get peckish between meals, I snack on fruit, snack a jacks, natural yoghurt..

Guess more just healthy eating and cutting out rubbish.

Having said that-on a weekend I have treats (takeaway, choc etc!) .. Gives me something to look forward to and keeps me strict with myself during the week otherwise id probably give up more easily with the thought of not having a single piece of choc for 2 months! .. Kind of like making it so I can see light at the end of the tunnel 😜 little treat, then back to being strict for the week! After all, I feel I've earned it anyway! 😝 xx

Well I'm definitely not following the diet plan too, that would just be too much for me to cope with! ;) I've had to go dairy free for my baby boy as like his brother he couldn't tolerate dairy and I'm breastfeeding. I haven't had a single square of chocolate for 10wks and I'm doing this to get my body back after babe. I must be mental?! Or insane perhaps?! Lol

Day 16 - check! Whoooo! X

Me to! Done! I think I've decided though that the Plyometric Cardio is my least fave! Hate level 1 drills with a passion!

Me to! Done! I think I've decided though that the Plyometric Cardio is my least fave! Hate level 1 drills with a passion!

Ha ha.. I was actually thinking that exact same thing whilst doing it this morning!!
We will power through it together though.. For the first time ever I finished my whole bottle of water during today's workout! I must be digging deeper lol! Xxx

Latest posts

Back