Insurance - Tanning and Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just started doing Tantrick Tanning - have practiced on family and friends and now want to start doing properly as part time mobile business.

Also am in the middle of bio sculpture training.

So at the min will only be doing spray tanning - where shall I get insurance for this that will also cover me to do Bio Sculpture when I pass (hopefully in 6 weeks time).

Also I am starting level 2 beauty in september - so will have a whole range of treatments to add to it after this.

I work full time so will just be doing a couple of evenings per week - do I have to register as self employed even if i am working full time? Who do I contact?

Thanksx

Hi , you could ask Babtac or the Guild on here they do insurance, just write their name in the search box at the top of the page hth x :hug:

Nail treatments and beauty treatments are a separate insurance,
so you would take out beauty insurance to cover you for the tanning and then when qualified get in touch with your insurance provider to add nail services,
Professional beauty is another insurance company.
Yes you do have to register as self employed, you phone your local tax office and tell them, they will send out a form for you to fill in and you return it to them, it is that easy,
then keep records of everything that you spend and every treatment that you perform so you have all the info at hand for the end of the tax year hth

I have just changed my insurance from professional beauty to the ABT (Associated beauty therapists) am really impressed as for a little bit extra money you are getting a lot more than just the insurance, including a subscription to the guild news magazine, listing on their website, badge & sticker etc,

They were doing £10 off membership & insurance packages but the normal price is £66.75 for beauty and £40.50 for nail technician.

The beauty one covers nail enhancements to.

Associated Beauty Therapists - ABT. Bringing together brand leaders from all areas of the beauty and holistic industry.

Hi All,

I have just started doing Tantrick Tanning - have practiced on family and friends and now want to start doing properly as part time mobile business.

Also am in the middle of bio sculpture training.

So at the min will only be doing spray tanning - where shall I get insurance for this that will also cover me to do Bio Sculpture when I pass (hopefully in 6 weeks time).

Also I am starting level 2 beauty in september - so will have a whole range of treatments to add to it after this.

I work full time so will just be doing a couple of evenings per week - do I have to register as self employed even if i am working full time? Who do I contact?

Thanksx

The Guild can cover you for nails and beauty treatments that you are qualified in. Once you qualify in a new treatment, just send in your certificate and we will add it to your file. You can find out more about us here.

As some assisitance, you can read an article on how to choose your insurance policy here. It is worth reading the small print on your policy, as not all are as straight forward as they appear.

Salon gold £44.10 for nail enhancments and spray tanning x

yep, i'm with salon gold too :)

Insurance tends to be a set amount and covers the treatments you are legally qualified to do. As your skills increase you simply ring your insurer so you can be covered for anything new, supplying them with proof of certification. If you insure now you could also request student cover as well for the treatments you will study at college. This covers you for practising/home case studies etc and may not cost any more.

I am with ABT and they have been fine, I also get a free copy of the guild news monthly which is useful as well as listing with ABT as a therapist.

As far as business is concerned strictly speaking you should register with your local tax office when you begin trading. You will probably keep your tax allowance with your daytime job and be taxed as self employed seperately. You have to register with the tax office within 3 months of beginning to trade, though the tax office have a couple of half day courses which are really useful and give you all the info you need. Contact your local tax office for details.

Good Luck!!!

Salon Gold for me too, spray tanning and nails

Hi Hayley,
given that you have been trained on our accredited training courses insurance couldn't be easier.....simply contact The Guild and quote your certificate details.

Hoping this helps :hug:

We can certainly provide comprehensive nail tech insurance - call our membership line on 0845 065 9000 for more information and to find out about the other many BABTAC membership benefits!!

As you will see from these forums, ABT offers great service and the lowest rates. Nail Members with us also get a free subscription to Scratch Magazine!

Latest posts

Back