Interesting facts - did you know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know...

A giraffe can clean it's ears with it's tounge! :lick:

In the UK you can pee in a policemans hat if you are pregnant!! If you ask they must oblige! & it's also not illegal to pee in a public place when pregnant!

Did you know...

Dogs see in black and white.

Also, dolphins are the only other creature on the planet to have sex for pleasure.

Just call me Flipper, baby!

It's against the law to walk in high heals in the dock in Ketchikan Alaska. This was a way to keep the 'working' ladies away from ships.
Must say I've broken the law a few times there :)
Vicki xx

In the UK you can pee in a policemans hat if you are pregnant!! If you ask they must oblige! & it's also not illegal to pee in a public place when pregnant!

This is why policemen now wear easy to wash baseball caps. Have you ever tried sticking an old fashioned helmet in the washing machine?? Lol

a vicious circle is round and dangerous

It is considered a great omen for those who are in a cat's company when it sneezes.

Did you know a 99 ice cream is call that because flake was the 99th chocolate bar Cadbury's made!

This is why policemen now wear easy to wash baseball caps. Have you ever tried sticking an old fashioned helmet in the washing machine?? Lol

There are some bizarre laws that still exist some which have been removed though I mean there was a by law in York that you could within the walls of York that you could shoot a Scottish person with a cross bow.

Had to be a cross bow and you had to be shooting a Scottish man, though of course that law would be overridden by murder of course, they removed it a few years ago just no one had ever abolished it after we abolished capital punishment.

The Government requested that they review allot of the old By Laws like that for obvious reasons, there was a law about payment of the people that would clean the streets for when they used to have horses going up and down for the droppings the horses would dump. That was an example of laws which had been removed because their pretty much pointless now lol.

Did ya know...

Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You", was written and originally recorded by Dolly Parton in 1974?

Did you know...

The actress Melanie Griffiths has a famous Mother - also an actress,
Tippi Hedren, who starred in the 1963 Alfred Hitchcock film "The Birds" and followed by "Marnie". She also starred in many more.

Did you know if you eat enough carrots you will turn orange

Better hope not too many people read this or it could put a damper on my spray tanning business :eek:

Did you know if you eat enough carrots you will turn orange

Better hope not too many people read this or it could put a damper on my spray tanning business :eek:

Lol :)

I remember reading a story years ago about a woman who went orange! They used carotene (the orange chemical) from carrots as the colouring in Heinz tomato soup and that was all she ate!

I actually knew someone that this happened to. :eek:

My sense of humour is awful, I now have "oompa-loompa dippidy doo..." going round in my head! Lol

Did you know...

The reason why hair turns gray as we age is because the pigment cells in the hair follicle start to die, which is responsible for producing "melanin" which gives the hair colour.

Did you know....

Engelbert Humperdinck' real name is Arnold George Dorsey. He will be representing the UK this year in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Did you know....

Bullet proof vest, fire escapes and wind screen wipers were all invented by women!

X

Latest posts

Back