Interesting facts - did you know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A baby's eyeballs do not grow, they will be the same size as an adult

You cannot digest sweetcorn

:biggrin:
Hmm... Ok, in Chester there is a bye law that if a Cestrian sees a Welshman on the City Walls at Midnight, he can shoot him with a crossbow.

Blimey, the husbands a Welshman! Best i tell him to keep off those City Walls......................or maybe not!! :biggrin:

Did you know...

Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.

That is quite a skill.

You cannot digest sweetcorn

That's because sweetcorn contains allot of cellulose which is more commonly known as dietry fibre, we have a hard to actually digesting cellulose

Did you know....

If you were to pour bleach onto a polar bear its fur would go purple.

Love this thread!

Did you know... Coca cola originally contained cocaine.

Did you know....

If you were to pour bleach onto a polar bear its fur would go purple.

Who discovered that?! Lol

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue hmmm

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words.

Aibohphobia is the fear of words spelled backwards.

Whoever made those up is an evil genius!! Also, the person who put an 's' in the word lisp has a sick sense of humour.

:twisted:

It's illegal to die in the house of parliament x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Did you know allot of people think the Internet only came out to the public in 1996 actually somewhere I read it was in 1993, but without any web software either on the server level or the client level nothing existed for the network in that sense it was all just file transfer on less than a 28.8kilobyte connection.

It's just it did not hit the masses until 1996 when it really started off but still only on a primitive form in that sense.

But having been developed from the ARPANET (by now called DARPA) that could stand a break down of certain parts of the network as this was a newly totally distributed network which was started off in the late 60s as an idea by the American government wanting to talk to the Military much more quickly, what we now call email.

I wish my old Atari ST still worked and could then use it (threw it out or my dad did because it was just collecting dust) and then network it and see if I could get it working again grrrr! Had a modem port on the back of it ah what if...

It's unlawful to protest or make a demonstration on the open park area at the front of The Palace Westminster (what the name the Royals still regard it as a royal house and the ancient court, which is now a car park where the house of lords would have been back in royal rule as such).

Also the Evening Standard reporter who stands in the hall way between the House of Lords and the Commons isn't allow to ask the politicians or the Lords about what their doing they must allow the politicians to talk to them without the reporter starting talking to the members of parliament.

I love this page!!! Perfect for cheating in a pub quiz! Hehehe

My useless fact.......Horses can't vomit, hence why they get colic.

That is quite a skill.

That's because sweetcorn contains allot of cellulose which is more commonly known as dietry fibre, we have a hard to actually digesting cellulose

My brother is very much like de Vinci he writes with one hand and draws with the other

That's a good comparison I must say kind of getting addicted to this threat when I should be doing other work kind of a guilty pleasure.

Again I apologies I haven't quoted my earlier post on this but I think Charles Babbage and me have allot in common though no ones deserted me on a project (hence the capitals) YET!! But really with the difference machine he kept changing the project and the government halted funding on his project so he got enough interest in his idea to harbour enough finances to finish and showcase it to the government who then funded the implementation of the difference machine.

The reason for my assumption me and him are the same in some ways is I am never ever happy with what I do in web development I always try and better what I have already done lol, why I get quite frustrated sometimes. Even though I have been told what I do is good work.

Also did you know lol the organ that takes up over half (or at least the largest percentage) of energy over any other body part is your brain, it's technically classed as a muscle too though some will critique that (in all fairness they have every right) but it needs as every muscle does to be toned and kept going or you start to suffer.

One more fact that might at some point come in handy Neurologists still can't find the location in your brain where your long term memory is stored, there's some bizarre theories some have come up with to where it's stored and why you come out with some memories but I am heavily sceptical about those as always lol

Last edited:
That world famous Irish drink, Guinness, was actually invented by the English in the 18th century. In England it was originally called Porter (or Porters) and its name comes from the love of its original drinkers - the river (Thames) port workers!

The only dog with a black tongue is a "chow".

Did you know....
The royal name, 'King Charles Spaniel' was bestowed during the reign of King Charles II, who was so fond of his spaniels he could not be parted from them. He made a decree that King Charles Spaniels must be allowed in any public place, including the House of Parliament. This decree is apparently still in the law books today.

Did you know...

Dogs see in black and white.

Also, dolphins are the only other creature on the planet to have sex for pleasure.

Did you know the reason old England glory matches have only one strip of sandpaper on the box is because the company needed to save money so started using one instead of two

Also jacquelineanna and gr8nails are actually lovers! Thin line girls :)

Latest posts

Back