Interesting: Ingredients in Paraffin wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chic_beauty

Reaction score
Who knew paraffin wax contained Petrol (petroleum)! And Vaseline too... GROSS!!!

Vaseline is the trade name for petroleum jelly!

You'll be surprised at what dodgy ingredients are in practically everything! I've been looking into it, its shocking!

awww interesting i didnt know that just thought it was similar to candle wax so it must be flamable then too

I have been trying to find an alternative for years. There was one from Canada made from pure ingredients but would only supply to a wholesaler not individuals. I tried to get a chemist to make one up for me but he lost interest. I feel the best is to use a cream (like solar butter) and heated mitts. :)

Petroleum is a natural resource!

I guess the thing to bear in mind is that there are different types of hydrocarbons comprising crude oil; some you would not want to put anywhere near your skin (e.g. those in petrol and diesel); others, e.g. with longer hydrocarbon chains, suitably purified, will be harmless when used in products for the skin.

Latest posts

Back