International Women's day...thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Well i did not know about this until today.after i came in from work and found out about it from Loose Women:eek:

What are people's thoughts and takes of this?
Are we equal?
I try not to analyse as i used to,i know that i am proud to be a woman,and what ever i do in life i strive to be the best i am....i have fought with being equal in too many an arena to think that i have to win in a situation.

We have come along way since this...but then again,as a girl these were my heroes,hell we even did a dance routine on stage when i was a show girl in Paris....they say imitation is the best form of flattery after all!

There is alot of thought provoking material from these clips...and a man can not cut it in just a dress as a TV or in drag....unless he is in fact intersexed or transgendered,but i suppose it was making a point...

I embrace my femininity,my curves,my long curly hair....and i will say i have used them to my advantage...some women will not admit to this!

But effectively,we are still asking this question....i just want to be in a world where men and women can see the positive in what we can achieve as human beings...:idea:YouTube - 4| Pan's People & Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again (TOTP 8-8-1974)
YouTube - Daniel Craig in drag for International Women's Day
...By the way i actually fancy him more in that outfit,than as a man...but then again i embrace unconventionality LOL

Last edited:
I've gotta say - and please note, i'm a femenist - men and women are not equals, i repeat - there are a hell of a lot of thing Men are better at than women, but there are a hell of alot of things Women are better at too

men are, on the whole, physically stronger, generally taller, and find it easier to focus on one task.

women are on the whole more social, generally able to multitask and can raise children (big one up there!)

its not a sexist, or offensive thing, we evolved as hunter gatherers, so the men (who didn't have a baby strapped to them at all times) hunted for meat whilst women foraged and raised babys.

so many people want to think that everything a man can do a woman can do, and vice versa - but its just not true. when men and women understand that they are very diffrent but equal overall - then we shall see progress...I think i need to drink less coffee lol

I've gotta say - and please note, i'm a femenist - men and women are not equals, i repeat - there are a hell of a lot of thing Men are better at than women, but there are a hell of alot of things Women are better at too

men are, on the whole, physically stronger, generally taller, and find it easier to focus on one task.

women are on the whole more social, generally able to multitask and can raise children (big one up there!)

its not a sexist, or offensive thing, we evolved as hunter gatherers, so the men (who didn't have a baby strapped to them at all times) hunted for meat whilst women foraged and raised babys.

so many people want to think that everything a man can do a woman can do, and vice versa - but its just not true. when men and women understand that they are very diffrent but equal overall - then we shall see progress...I think i need to drink less coffee lol
You have raised some valid points there i think.
Women and men are different in the way thy focus.Women can focus on many a task,hence we can multi task where as men can focus on just one task.

Men can also be more direct than a woman can,although i have known some very direct women!

A woman's style of language is much different too.Women tend to ask more questions,and have a much more higher intonation in thier voice where as a man can state a comment,are more sharp and speak from thier chest where as a woman will speak more from the head.

Some women will sit rather s shaped like a snake where as a man will sit using more open space as opposed to women who will use so little space....this is just generalising but i find it interesting.

Look at how far women have come in the last 100 years.When a man marrieed a woman everything was his and she had no legal rights to his money what so ever....just think of the bride in the bath murders:eek:

Latest posts

Back