Intimate waxing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I've just had the college phone up to cancel next weeks intimate waxing course, this is the fourth course I've had cancelled at the last minute due to people dropping out at the last minute.
I'm tempted to start phoning around salons and getting a 1 2 1 with someone who does it.
Did you guys who do it have training or just applied your normal waxing training? Its where I would put my hands that I feel would be the akward bit not the actual waxing.
There rant over, I feel better now.

I haven't done a course in it, I just used my waxing training and experience. There have been a few threads with useful tips on here though, it's worth doing a search.
To be honest, the more I read about it on here, the more I realise that I do need to do a proper course. I also want to refresh my hot wax skills, as I haven't really done any of that since I left college, and it's supposed to be better for brazilians/hollywoods.
I think the more training, the better. It certainly gives you more confidence in what you're doing.
I hope you can get something sorted soon!

I've just had the college phone up to cancel next weeks intimate waxing course, this is the fourth course I've had cancelled at the last minute due to people dropping out at the last minute.
I'm tempted to start phoning around salons and getting a 1 2 1 with someone who does it.
Did you guys who do it have training or just applied your normal waxing training? Its where I would put my hands that I feel would be the akward bit not the actual waxing.
There rant over, I feel better now.

It is possible to apply your waxing training to any area of the body, and many therapists have done so with great success and competence. HOWEVER... :D

Personally, I feel that a specific training course will get you up to speed quicker, give you more confidence, and will also give you the advantage of learning from someone who knows the procedure inside-out and can share the benefit of their experience (from hand positions to waxing technique and everything inbetween!). I can only speak for myself, but I would not want to be waxed by someone in such a sensitive area unless I was damn sure they knew what they were doing and had received some form of instruction in the procedure! :D

Also be aware that Habia will soon be publishing new National Occupational Standards on intimate waxing, and this will have insurance implications for all UK therapists offering this service without recognised training.

If you want to apply your existing knowledge and get going straight away, I very highly recommend Lori Nestore's double DVD set "The Whole Ball of Wax". It'll cost you around £100 including shipping from the USA, but is quite simply the best waxing DVD out there and covers everything (and I really do mean everything) from eyebrows to toes.

:) Andy x

Thats a lot of money, I'd rather spend it on training. When are you likely to have yours completed. I've been trying to get on a course for 2 years, getting rather impatient now.

Thats a lot of money, I'd rather spend it on training. When are you likely to have yours completed. I've been trying to get on a course for 2 years, getting rather impatient now.

My course is written and will be rolled out as soon as Habia publish the new standards (and by June at the latest if they still haven't published them) - but do be aware that it is a course for male intimate waxing :)

Have you tried Hive, Ellisons, Capital Hair and Beauty, Aston and Fincher, and Salon Systems? I can understand your frustration, let's see if we can find something out there that's a little sooner for you.

Andy x

It is possible to apply your waxing training to any area of the body, and many therapists have done so with great success and competence. HOWEVER... :D

Personally, I feel that a specific training course will get you up to speed quicker, give you more confidence, and will also give you the advantage of learning from someone who knows the procedure inside-out and can share the benefit of their experience (from hand positions to waxing technique and everything inbetween!). I can only speak for myself, but I would not want to be waxed by someone in such a sensitive area unless I was damn sure they knew what they were doing and had received some form of instruction in the procedure! :D

Also be aware that Habia will soon be publishing new National Occupational Standards on intimate waxing, and this will have insurance implications for all UK therapists offering this service without recognised training.

If you want to apply your existing knowledge and get going straight away, I very highly recommend Lori Nestore's double DVD set "The Whole Ball of Wax". It'll cost you around £100 including shipping from the USA, but is quite simply the best waxing DVD out there and covers everything (and I really do mean everything) from eyebrows to toes.

:) Andy x
This sounds a brilliant dvd! .. just looked it up on the net! I want it now but can't really afford fork out that money for it at the min!!:cry:

Capital Hair & Beauty definitely do a course. Have a look at their website to see if there's one local to you.

Latest posts

Back