Quantcast

Intimate waxing help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

MissKatieAnn

Reaction score
Hi! So I qualified asa therapist in June 2011 but as you know in college they do not teach you Brazilianand Hollywood waxing. I have been working in a salon for 2months now and they want me to start doing Braziliansand Hollywoods soon but aren't sending me on training, they got a therapist to show me and said for me to get people to practice on but I feel this is not enough. Where is the best place to go for intimate waxing training ?
Thanks xx

Tinxy

Reaction score
Either Andy at Axiom or Kim Lawless are generally seen as the "best in the biz" :)

I'm sure there are other perfectly good trainers and courses but those are the ones generally recommended here :)

MissKatieAnn

Reaction score
Thank you for your swift reply! Dreading having the waxing done on myself on training as I have Afro-Caribbean hair and prone to ingrowns so I don't wax as my skin doesn't react well!

unas escarlata

Reaction score

Tinxy

Reaction score
Thank you for your swift reply! Dreading having the waxing done on myself on training as I have Afro-Caribbean hair and prone to ingrowns so I don't wax as my skin doesn't react well!
Don't worry - I don't know if Andy lets his students loose on each other - I know he had models in for my course :) I haven't trained with Kim so not sure if she lets students wax each other or if you need to bring a model/she can provide them :) If in doubt... ask :)

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Hiya! I have seen great results on AC clients who came to me with a mass of ingrowns and now have none. You need to exfoliate and moisturise and you should only get waxed with hot wax (non strip).

Lacey

Reaction score
Heyy I did my training with Hive, they were really good the only down side was practicing on each other OUCH!!! 😖 xx

Lacey

Reaction score
Oh yes and I caught taught with hot wax, miles better as it grips and removes coarse bikini hair :) x

Lacey

Reaction score

MissKatieAnn

Reaction score
Thank you all! Now must get booked onto a course with Kim Lawless :D as I know, come summer it'll be busy! If only my work would pay for my course aye! Haha

Latest posts