intrigued

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftypooch

Reaction score
i have been looking through this forum since posting my brown nail issue yesterday. I might be a little thick but training or no training is it actually possible to do your own nails? it must call for a huge degree of ambidrextrousness (gosh that is a big word)
jo

It does!!! ...but needs must.

Most of us who do our own nails will tip and overlay as that is easier when using your non dominant hand.
However I can still manage to sculpt my nails sometimes, it is just getting the forms on can be a bit frustrating.

it does come with practice, but its no joy to me.
i am frustrated at being held back by the lack of ability in my left hand:irked:

i do my own nails and have done for a few years.the reason i started was because i went to a salon and paid the £35 to something that i could do myself meaning that i used to use white tips onmyself as i couldnt do the whites then.i went and asked for them to sculpt my nails as i couldnt do this myself and they put white tips on me as they said my nails were to short to sculpt.at the time i didnt know that my nails were actually fine to sculpt on.i was so unhappy that i thought sod this im going to do my own.i spent hours doing them with l&p.but i got EXACTLY what I wanted so it was worth the time.
i havent been to anyone else now for the last 2 years although it would be nice for someone else to do them for me now and then.
here is a picture of my nails that i did myself only recently with gel,im still wearing these at the moment.xx
http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=294&pictureid=4054

I so admire you girls that can do both hands, even if it does take you time.

I'm fine doing my left hand, but there is no way I can do my right. That's just doing a clear NNO, never mind doing anything fancy :eek: :eek:

Marlise

I so admire you girls that can do both hands, even if it does take you time.

I'm fine doing my left hand, but there is no way I can do my right. That's just doing a clear NNO, never mind doing anything fancy :eek: :eek:

Marlise
its just practice,just remember that i wasnt much good on someone elses nails let a lone my own.i always use my wrong hand first because if i could do it with my wrong hand then it would be easier with my right,its also getting the hardest one done first.i now feel just as comfortable with my wrong hand as i do my right hand.
dont worry how long it takes you its the result that important.atleast with doing your own nails you can take as long as you want.xx

I do my own nails too...but its such a chore...Its not the same as sitting with your hands out and relaxed while someone else does all the hard work.

The amount of clients who have asked me if i do my own nails and how nice they are..imagine if i said "no i get them done at XYZ"...i'd have no clients...:lol:

:)Same here I do my own nails and do a lot of nail art onmyself as well, I alway's do my right hand first as thats the hardest to do but practice makes perfect or near enough.:lol:

i have been looking through this forum since posting my brown nail issue yesterday. I might be a little thick but training or no training is it actually possible to do your own nails? it must call for a huge degree of ambidextrousness (gosh that is a big word)
jo
It is possible with training and lots of practise but if you are untrained it is not advisable at all to do your own (or anyone else's for that matter)
we use chemicals to produce these nails and if you are not taught about the different chemicals and how they all work individual or together then they can be dangerous hth

I do my own nails. as i just wouldn't know where to go to have mine done, and i' have a bit of a phobia where efiles are concerned, just don't like them anywhere near me. Funny how you get used to doing your own nails. and some are harder then others . especially the right hand. lol:)thg

One word for techs wanting fabulous, quick and easy nails - POPITS!

AND...both hands will look exactly the same...Bliss!

Latest posts

Back