inverted nail application a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the first thing i thought was, WHAT ABOUT OVER EXPOSURE?! :eek:

the L&P that is on the underside of the free edge will be in contact with the skin, the L&P that splodges out the sides will be in contact with the skin.

With a sculpting form or Tip, they are the barrier to stop product touching the skin, and our skill with the brush is what stops it touching side walls and cuticles.

I have to say as it stands, it doesn't look too healthy, finished nails don't look too bad, i've seen far far worse from the methods we all know and love, lol.

The product is very wet when applied - Im assuming this is to get the mould to 'stick' to natural nail and give you time to 'play' with it.
quote]

I noticed this also, and if you can use this method with any acrylic, wouldn't you have to follow manufacturers instruction for ratio to prevent lifting/pocket lifting?

Or is that now a myth also?

The more I read, the more confused I get, I can't see how it doesn't squish out and I agree about the ratio.
With my product (CND Retention +) the ratio would be all wrong if it were wet enough to form inside the mould.
Someone enlighten me please:confused:

hi just thaught i would put all ur minds at ese as i am a nail tec and i actully use the inverted moulds in the videos on youtube,
ok lets start lol
the mould comes in 5 diffrent sizes and u cut round the mould to fit the nail purffectly
the mould bonds to the acrylic and liquid so when it it atached to the nail plate it gives it and extra coat so ther is no chipping to the acrylic ect
the mould is so thin u would have to stick 10 together to make the same thickness as a normal tip
and yes u do let the art set for few mins maybe while u do the pattern on the rest ov the moulds then ad ur pink acrylic press down from the cutical hold for a few secs to bond then with a tooth pick scrape the acsess acrylic form the edges and under side of the nail (which is not easy at first u have acrylic ozzing out of evey where lol but after a lil practise u get the hang ov not using so much acrylic and just the rite amount ) i would recomend the inverted moulds to any 1 they are easyer yes but to to art like that then buff sand ect all that work when u could stick it on walla!!:) hopes this helps every 1 oh and if u go to easynail.co.uk u could buy the moulds 100 for £15 i did and the are f**kin exerlant lol:lol:
oh i forgot to say they stay on the nail and do not come off as the bond with the acrylic thanx xx

I've used these inverted moulds before and they are only removable if you are using an odorless system. They do come in different sizes so you can match it closely to the size of the natural nail, when I used them the product never touched the skin.

:Look_righ I have to say I agree. But there has been some that do look quite nice with color.:irked:
YOUR picture to usrename is insanely cute//:eek:

seen the vid, seen the pics ..... they actually look ugly to me ......maybe it's my eyes (but some are easily pleased) and will take the easy way out.

Anyways i've seen better ones done by a geek on here.
If these guys "invertabollocks" are out to impress, they are gonna have to have a better looking end result to please me:)

Latest posts

Back