iPhone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Has anyone else's iPhone gone funny? Since it snowed on Saturday I've not had 3G any were and my signal keeps going, I normally have signal and 3G in most places x

Yea mine is doing that more often now than before. I usually have to bring it in and out of airplane mode to get 3g again.

Yes, now that you've mentioned it!

Mine seems ok, altho saying that I'm just on wireless as I've not been out much since the snow!! Have you tried resetting your phone?

It would more likely be the network not your phone that has been affected by the snow.

Mines is down too .... I'm with o2.xx

mines been odd too. Im with T-mobile. I had to try aeroplane mode then turn it off completely. Seems a bit better but I havnt used it much on 3G since the reboot.
x

It's not my network because my business phone is working fine that's on tmobile as well, I've tried resetting it and aero plane mode, I'm having to use wifi at home but carnt use it anywhere else :-/ I hope it's not braking! X

It's not my network because my business phone is working fine that's on tmobile as well, I've tried resetting it and aero plane mode, I'm having to use wifi at home but carnt use it anywhere else :-/ I hope it's not braking! X

My hubby's went funny last week and he has to plug it into iTunes and reset and update it, it's been fine since he's on vodafone :)

My hubby's went funny last week and he has to plug it into iTunes and reset and update it, it's been fine since he's on vodafone :)

I'll try plugging it in :) hopefully it works x thanks

Mine keeps dropping in and out also? I'm turning off and on a lot more than usual! I'm with O2.
Frustrating!

I've had my iPhone for 2 years and I think it may be approaching end of it's life - signal isn't as good any more and some of my apps are slow to load. I have to turn it off and on more than I used to but guess they don't go on forever and it's had a lot of use!!

I've had my iPhone for 2 years and I think it may be approaching end of it's life - signal isn't as good any more and some of my apps are slow to load. I have to turn it off and on more than I used to but guess they don't go on forever and it's had a lot of use!!

I think this could be the problem with mine it's near the end of its life :-( x

Mine too :( I have to toggle aeroplane mode to get 3G, manually shut off apps running in the background to speed things up (used to have loads of apps running in the background with no issues at first), turn it off and on once a week just to refresh it... It's needing too much maintenance! I'll wait for iPhone 5 though. Not the first batch that's released of course! We all know there's always issues with the first release :lol:

Try plugging into iTunes and getting the updated software it should help. Otherwise if you go to YouTube and search iPhone there are loads of tips on solving these kind of problems.

Hope you get it sorted as it is frustrating :)

When do you think the next one will be released? I've got 6 months of contract left and would rather wait for the next one to be out, like you said not the first batch!!

I've tried plugging it in, it's up to date and there's nothing I can do with it whilst it's plugged in :-( I don't think if has 6 months left in it x

Sometimes getting the latest software and itunes version doesn't always help if you have an older device. I remember iOS 4.3.5 for my iPhone being WAY better than 4.5 (I missed the 4.4 update). Now that I've upgraded to the latest iOS 5, it runs slow and there's weird delays in actions. I have the 3GS. My friend has an iPhone 4, and his phone's performace improves with each update, but since the release of 4s, I'm gonna guess he will also see a decline in performance.

As for iPod touch? I have an iPod 1G that still works perfectly, but because it's an older device, it's unable to be upgraded to the latest version (it's at 3.something) and the newer apps will not run properly on it because they're made to run on iOS 4 or higher/ iPod version 2G or newer. So the only thing it does is hold my music. :lol: This is just apple's way to get you to get their newer devices... making the oldest version available obsolete.

I thought the next release WAS going to be iPhone 5, but they've released the 4s instead, which I refuse to settle for. (Based on rumors, it was because they wanted to perfect the 5 before releasing it... but that's just rumors.) Hopefully, it comes out June 2012. Perfect for me cuz I'm due for a contract renewal. :D

Last edited:
...And to think... it all started with this bulky thing...

318625_252168971487647_100000836395383_607416_2100233207_n.jpg

Yes, that's mine. And no, it doesn't work anymore, but I keep it for nostalgic reason. :lol:

...And to think... it all started with this bulky thing...

318625_252168971487647_100000836395383_607416_2100233207_n.jpg

Yes, that's mine. And no, it doesn't work anymore, but I keep it for nostalgic reason. :lol:

Ha ha.. My god-I have this exact one too! Mine no longer works either but I refuse to throw it away! .. I was so excited to get it-forked out over £300 for it and think I barely used it! It's not even in colour lol!! Those were the days ha ha!! Technology ai!! :p xxx

I hear that! Took 2 paychecks to muster up the $399 + sales tax to get it and thought I was the coolest kid EVER! But you're right. Small screen, no color, no picture, and about as thick as 3 ipod touch put together! I've got a pink iPod mini somewhere in my closet too. Remember that one? :lol:

Latest posts

Back