Is anyone in a Parnership?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachp

Reaction score
Ive been offered the chance of going into partnership with a beauty salon owner she wants to bring in more business by offering Creative Nail services and products, is anyone out there in a partnership or been in one, im confused and nervous about the whole thing, does anyone have any advice to offer ?? :Scared:

Partnerships can be VERY dangerous things! I would steer well clear. If she wants to offer Creative then why not rent space off her? Much easier for both of you.

thats what i fear. i just have a real bad gut feeling about it

It is always best to go with your instincts......

I always think it is best to do things by yourself then you have complete control of your business and future!.......Partnerships only work when it is best friends or sisters setting up initially together..... and even then problems can arise.....

you are right, i just needed somebody to confirm my concerns.

Feel much better now thanks, been worrying about it for days now !

the 2 partners that i rent space of used to get along really well all those years ago when they opened the shop. but now they dont get on, well, thats not quite right, the one partner had a baby and changed her outlook on life and now she doent care about the salon. so nedless to say they dont get on anymore.

There are obviously some bad experiences of partnerships on here!!!

To say they are dangerous and only work with best friends or sisters is rubbish! It's like saying marriage doesn't work! Well for some, unfortunately it doesn't, but for most it works perfectly (with plenty of effort from both sides!!)

The best piece of advice you've been given so far is to go with your gut reaction. If you don't feel right about it, don't. But to dismiss a potential successful partnership business because they 'don't work' is not the right reason.

I was in a business partnership for years when I first started out in nails and it worked perfectly; I'm in another one now (and I've been married 25 years). It just takes the right partner and the right legal deal (plus a lot of work and a lot of trust)

i would worry that one may not give it 100% when the other one does.......i dont think i like the idea.....

I do work with a partner NOW AND AGAIN which is fantastic and i love it but we both work for ourselves and thats the way we like it.

good luck !

amb x

mum said:
There are obviously some bad experiences of partnerships on here!!!

To say they are dangerous and only work with best friends or sisters is rubbish! It's like saying marriage doesn't work! Well for some, unfortunately it doesn't, but for most it works perfectly (with plenty of effort from both sides!!)

The best piece of advice you've been given so far is to go with your gut reaction. If you don't feel right about it, don't. But to dismiss a potential successful partnership business because they 'don't work' is not the right reason.

I was in a business partnership for years when I first started out in nails and it worked perfectly; I'm in another one now (and I've been married 25 years). It just takes the right partner and the right legal deal (plus a lot of work and a lot of trust)

This post says it perfectly.
The main reason why some partnerships fail, is because one person ALWAYS feels they are doing more than the other ... sooner or later. As Marian says, if you feel in any way that it is not going to be right then don't.
Solicitors spend as much time disolving partnerships as they do setting them up.

Thanks everyone im so glad i can come on here and ask advice its fantastic, ive had countless sleepless nights and being a worry wart anyway doesnt help! - you guys are great! thanks loads xxxx

Latest posts

Back