Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ill have a look :)

<3 Stephanie <3

Grr just got my trousers out of the draw for my interview to hang up and there ripped! Brand new I havnt even worn them yet but didnt keep the receipt typical! :rolleyes:

<3 Stephanie <3

I did my maths and English test at my interview, I was nervous before I went in but needn't have been, they are really really basic and it's just for them to get a feel for what level you need to learn at. I don't think you don't get in if you fail, again, it's just for them to see where your at. I left school over 10 years ago and haven't picked up an exam paper since but I found them both to be ok. You get plenty of time as well so try not to worry :) I have my enrolment on Thursday, I'm so exited :) will let you know how it goes/what's involved xx

I did my maths and English test at my interview, I was nervous before I went in but needn't have been, they are really really basic and it's just for them to get a feel for what level you need to learn at. I don't think you don't get in if you fail, again, it's just for them to see where your at. I left school over 10 years ago and haven't picked up an exam paper since but I found them both to be ok. You get plenty of time as well so try not to worry :) I have my enrolment on Thursday, I'm so exited :) will let you know how it goes/what's involved xx

Ah that's good its just the maths that worries me aw how exciting yeah let me know how it goes :) what sort of things did they ask at your interview is it more just why your interested in the course and things like that?

<3 Stephanie <3

Im in same boat as u hun.i haven't picked up a paper since my gcse's in 1999.im so looking forward to starting college in September and for my taster session and enrollment. Let us know how u get on when u enrol :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah that's good its just the maths that worries me aw how exciting yeah let me know how it goes :) what sort of things did they ask at your interview is it more just why your interested in the course and things like that?

<3 Stephanie <3

If you are really worried maybe just google a simple maths exam and go over it just to refresh your memory but I'm sure you will be fine :) yea just basic stuff really, why I wanted to do the course, I had to talk about myself and what id done in the past. What I want to do in the future. Just remember to ask a lot of questions about the course to show that your keen. Oh one question I remember them asking was 'if your partner could describe you in 3 words what would he say'. They just wanna know about you really, what your into and the type of person you are. It wasn't like a hard stressful interview for a job, more like an informal-ish chat xx

Im in same boat as u hun.i haven't picked up a paper since my gcse's in 1999.im so looking forward to starting college in September and for my taster session and enrollment. Let us know how u get on when u enrol :) xx

Have you had your interview yet? What does a taster session involve (sorry if that's a stupid question) I don't think we have one of those in Wales!? Yeah I will do :) xx

Have you had your interview yet? What does a taster session involve (sorry if that's a stupid question) I don't think we have one of those in Wales!? Yeah I will do :) xx

Yes had my interview last week where I did the maths and English screening and then we spoke about the course and the level I would be doing and of course what happens next.
All I got told was I'd be going to watch what the other students do and have a go at a simple hairstyle on a plastic head.

I''m on my way to my HND interview for beauty just now!! Fingers crossed it goes well! Xx

I''m on my way to my HND interview for beauty just now!! Fingers crossed it goes well! Xx

Oo good luck let us know how it goes iv got mine tomorrow! :)

<3 Stephanie <3

How did it go cStorrie? :)

<3 Stephanie <3

<3 Stephanie <3

hi yeah i done my nail course at college but they not running it next year now as so many people dropped out which is really sad so there was only 5 of us at end.
i did think bout doing beauty as i would't have do mani and pedi again but thought i might be able get more reg clients with hairdressing :)

<3 Stephanie <3

Hi! Yeah went really well, she basically said I had a place because I already have my HNC but slight problem! I had originally applied to study midwifery and was told I was unsuccessful but just got told there's been more spaces and I have a conditional offer now so I don't know what to choose! Xx

hi yeah i done my nail course at college but they not running it next year now as so many people dropped out which is really sad so there was only 5 of us at end.
i did think bout doing beauty as i would't have do mani and pedi again but thought i might be able get more reg clients with hairdressing :)

Yeah my college did one I found out but they dont do it anymore :/

<3 Stephanie <3

Hi! Yeah went really well, she basically said I had a place because I already have my HNC but slight problem! I had originally applied to study midwifery and was told I was unsuccessful but just got told there's been more spaces and I have a conditional offer now so I don't know what to choose! Xx

Oh god thats a big decision there both soo different!! Wich do you feel more passionate about how long have you got to make your mind up?

<3 Stephanie <3

Oo good luck let us know how it goes iv got mine tomorrow! :)

<3 Stephanie <3

Good luck for today Stephanie, let us know how you get on xx

Good luck Stephanie :)

I have no idea just now! My beauty is unconditional and midwifery is conditional so I'll see if I pass my conditions then try and decide!! good luck with your interview today! Xx

Good luck with your interview today Stephanie :)

Latest posts

Back