Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my interview last Wednesday and they said my taster would be one of the first few days in july im not really sure what it entails but they said its kinda like a second interview where they watch how you interact with everyone else (basically just making sure your not some horrible rude person with no social skills ha) oh they also said at the taster we could try on uniforms to see what size we need im bored of waiting too just wanna get going! I realllllllly want my kit thats the bit im looking forward to:D

<3 Stephanie <3

I'll wait until July then which isn't too long away :) I should hope they think I have good social skills as I've been running a salon single handidly for 5 years.im looking forward to getting the kit list so I can get my kit from the wholesalers. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey welcome yeah I thought it would be nice to be able to chat as we start college ect :)
Iv had my interview but thats it im waiting for a taster session now (im doing beauty level 2) I also did hairdressing when I left school but didnt finish!
Iv got a nearly 2 year old daughter my college has a nursery literally next door so works out well for childcare! Its exciting to start something new but the waiting sucks! I just want it to be September already! :D

<3 Stephanie <3

Thank you, that's great to have your little one so close while yr training :) yr right about the waiting,I haven't even had my letter yet :( not sure of we do tasters where I am, hope they do, they did mention that they maybe changing the uniform to purple, does anyone else know theirs? Also I might have to sit the maths and English tests, not too hot on maths lol! Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, that's great to have your little one so close while yr training :) yr right about the waiting,I haven't even had my letter yet :( not sure of we do tasters where I am, hope they do, they did mention that they maybe changing the uniform to purple, does anyone else know theirs? Also I might have to sit the maths and English tests, not too hot on maths lol! Xx

Aparantly my uniform is a greyish blue :/ purple sounds nice! Lots of people on here said about the maths and English tests so I was freaking out because I suck at maths! But I didnt have to do so I was pretty relieved :p at my interview we just watched a presentation then had a chat n filled out forms x

<3 Stephanie <3

I'll wait until July then which isn't too long away :) I should hope they think I have good social skills as I've been running a salon single handidly for 5 years.im looking forward to getting the kit list so I can get my kit from the wholesalers. X

My kit is £300 so it better be good! :eek:

<3 Stephanie <3

Aparantly my uniform is a greyish blue :/ purple sounds nice! Lots of people on here said about the maths and English tests so I was freaking out because I suck at maths! But I didnt have to do so I was pretty relieved :p at my interview we just watched a presentation then had a chat n filled out forms x

<3 Stephanie <3

Not sure if purple's me,I like the sound of yrs better haha, that was lucky u didn't have to do the tests, hopefully I'll get away with it too! ;)

Hi! I should be starting college in September to do a Level 3 hair. So looking forward to learning new things and meeting new people! Been a nightmare trying to sort my trade test &#128529; receptionist never answers the phone! Really want an apprenticeship and I'm still looking. Who else is doing level 3 hair? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure if purple's me,I like the sound of yrs better haha, that was lucky u didn't have to do the tests, hopefully I'll get away with it too! ;)

Ha we'll swap :p yeah I think if you were doing the tests they would let you know in advance so hopefully you dont have to!

<3 Stephanie <3

Hi all, thought I'd add myself on to the list. I start my level 2 hairdressing course in September and I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Hi all, thought I'd add myself on to the list. I start my level 2 hairdressing course in September and I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Hello!! Have you had your interview and everything I think most of us have had our interviews and are just waiting for taster sessions or enrolment :)

<3 Stephanie <3

I'm doing the same :) so excited!

Had my written offer of a place through the post today, just got to send back the acceptance letter and that's it till the end of august for enrolment where I will get my timetable etc then I start the first week in September

This was my college uniform for level 2, yours might be the same :)
We have black for level 3 id much prefer to stay purple.

My kit was £275 payed for by the college because of my age defo not worth £275 though :/ x

Haha, yeah fingers crossed x

This was my college uniform for level 2, yours might be the same :)
We have black for level 3 id much prefer to stay purple.

My kit was £275 payed for by the college because of my age defo not worth £275 though :/ x

If u don't mind me asking hun, what sort of purple was yr uniform? I like darker purples, not really a bright coloured sort of person :/ x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403784574.595933.jpg

My uniform is plum coloured and has the college salon logo on the front and a crystal button

View attachment 68860

My uniform is plum coloured and has the college salon logo on the front and a crystal button

Wow that is a lovely colour!! Hope mines like that xx

Mine greyish blue but I havent seen it yet that ones lovely!

<3 Stephanie <3

Silly me I forgot to attach the photo :o x

Attachments

• 1403805219568.jpg
    1403805219568.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 80
Lovely colour,I hope mine is like that, very professional :D x

Silly me I forgot to attach the photo :o x

Looks lovely :)