Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you typically the day is going soooo slow because I'm waiting for my interview how is it only 12.30!:confused:

<3 Stephanie <3

I am finishing up my Level 2 next week (fingers crossed) and some advice girls:

Keep up with your workload, dont fall behind or the last few weeks will stress you out no end, especially with your portfolio! Take before & after pics of every single treatment you do in and out of college and dont think "oh it will be grand I will get a pic another time" because you more than likely wont!

I am surprised by the amount of work it has taken and how strict they can be but atleast I know I will have a good qualification that I worked hard for :)

Best of luck to you all & enjoy it! X

I am finishing up my Level 2 next week (fingers crossed) and some advice girls:

Keep up with your workload, dont fall behind or the last few weeks will stress you out no end, especially with your portfolio! Take before & after pics of every single treatment you do in and out of college and dont think "oh it will be grand I will get a pic another time" because you more than likely wont!

I am surprised by the amount of work it has taken and how strict they can be but atleast I know I will have a good qualification that I worked hard for :)

Best of luck to you all & enjoy it! X

Thanks for the tips :) what are your plans now are you going on to level 3?

<3 Stephanie <3

oh no :( what college is it that u went to?

Well the college I have my interview with today is sussex coast college in Hastings the lady who does my nails said she did her nail acrylics course there but I dont think they do it anymore

<3 Stephanie <3

Thanks for the tips :) what are your plans now are you going on to level 3?

<3 Stephanie <3

No, the only difference between us and the full time students (level 3) is that they do massage, gel nails & threading and Im already qualified in two of those. Xx

My interview went well we all had to sit amd watch a presentation then have individual interviews they gave me a acceptance letter straight away and in 2 weeks iv got to go in for a taster day.
None of the financial aid forms are in yet so I cant apply for all that stuff yet and iv got to pay £300 pounds upfront for my kit then apply for a bursary and I get the money back a month or two later! How much was/is everyone elses kit? Oh and iv booked to visit the nursery on monday to get things rolling with that x

<3 Stephanie <3

My interview went well we all had to sit amd watch a presentation then have individual interviews they gave me a acceptance letter straight away and in 2 weeks iv got to go in for a taster day.
None of the financial aid forms are in yet so I cant apply for all that stuff yet and iv got to pay £300 pounds upfront for my kit then apply for a bursary and I get the money back a month or two later! How much was/is everyone elses kit? Oh and iv booked to visit the nursery on monday to get things rolling with that x

<3 Stephanie <3

Aww that's excellent, well done Stephanie! I think they said our kit was about £150 and then we have to pay £40 for uniform. I have a lot of my own kit anyway so they said if I take that in, they will test and check it and I can just use that if it's ok. Enrolment tomorrow, I can't wait :) xx

Aww that's excellent, well done Stephanie! I think they said our kit was about £150 and then we have to pay £40 for uniform. I have a lot of my own kit anyway so they said if I take that in, they will test and check it and I can just use that if it's ok. Enrolment tomorrow, I can't wait :) xx

Thanks :) thats how much I was expecting my kit and uniform to be I thought 300quid was pretty expensive! She said the kit was really good but im not sure whats included! Oo exciting your enrolment is really early! Mines not till end of august when does your course start? X

<3 Stephanie <3

Hi, I also had my hairdressing interview this week at my preferred college. I had an interview, presentation and maths and English tests on Monday then had to go back again on Tuesday for another interview and practical assessment.

I applied to this college also last year but for beauty therapy but this year it was alot more difficult to get a place, the maths and English assessment had got a lot harder to do, it was quite basic last year.

Another college I went for an interview for, I had no presentation, no maths or English tests and I was there 5 minutes, my letter said to allow 1 1/2 hours and I literally walked in sat down for 5 minutes and that was it, I got a place and an acceptance letter, a bit shocking really.

They do courses that are VRQ and Nvq but luckily I got a place on the Nvq course which is what I wanted.

I have my uniform and kit list so I can order my things, uniform is £40 shoes were £15 and the kit is £139

Won't have to go back now till the end of august to enrol and pay my fees

Hi, I also had my hairdressing interview this week at my preferred college. I had an interview, presentation and maths and English tests on Monday then had to go back again on Tuesday for another interview and practical assessment.

I applied to this college also last year but for beauty therapy but this year it was alot more difficult to get a place, the maths and English assessment had got a lot harder to do, it was quite basic last year.

Another college I went for an interview for, I had no presentation, no maths or English tests and I was there 5 minutes, my letter said to allow 1 1/2 hours and I literally walked in sat down for 5 minutes and that was it, I got a place and an acceptance letter, a bit shocking really.

They do courses that are VRQ and Nvq but luckily I got a place on the Nvq course which is what I wanted.

I have my uniform and kit list so I can order my things, uniform is £40 shoes were £15 and the kit is £139

Won't have to go back now till the end of august to enrol and pay my fees

Yeah everywhere seems to do things really different! My college basically said its easy to get on the level 2 as theres lots of places but level 3 has alot less places so only the people that have done really well on level 2 will be accepted for level 3.

<3 Stephanie <3

Im going to visit the nursery in the college tomorrow with my daughter im scared for her to go to nursery without me :( what if the other kids are mean to her wahhh:(

<3 Stephanie <3

Hey! What college are you going to? I'm starting at City Road in sept!

I went and visited the nursery today at the college it was really nice and put my mind at ease abit about ny daughter starting, she loved it she just abandoned me and went off to play bless her! Iv found out my days for college are going to be Thursday and Friday and still waiting to find out when my taster session is so not much going on I just want to get started already! :D

Anything new going on with you guys? :)

<3 Stephanie <3

I got my place in Level 3 :D
Out of 31 students there was only 13 places :) Can't wait for september x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got my place in Level 3 :D
Out of 31 students there was only 13 places :) Can't wait for september x

Thats brilliant well done! :D

<3 Stephanie <3

Hi everyone, hope u don't mind me joining in :D what a great idea to start a thread on this! Its really nice to talk to people in the same boat :)
I'm waiting on my interview date. I applied for a place in L2 hairdressing, i'm so excited lol!!
I've got my L2 in beauty and did L3 in Swedish massage.
I did my level 1 in hairdressing a few years back and loved it but didn't go on to level 2 due to personal problems at the time.
Couldn't find a course to fit with childcare issues so went into beauty, which I also love, but hair is where i'm meant to be!! I can't wait for my letter to come!! Sorry for the life story haha!

Id also like to say well done to everyone who has already got their places and are rearing to go! :D xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone, hope u don't mind me joining in :D what a great idea to start a thread on this! Its really nice to talk to people in the same boat :)
I'm waiting on my interview date. I applied for a place in L2 hairdressing, i'm so excited lol!!
I've got my L2 in beauty and did L3 in Swedish massage.
I did my level 1 in hairdressing a few years back and loved it but didn't go on to level 2 due to personal problems at the time.
Couldn't find a course to fit with childcare issues so went into beauty, which I also love, but hair is where i'm meant to be!! I can't wait for my letter to come!! Sorry for the life story haha!

Id also like to say well done to everyone who has already got their places and are rearing to go! :D xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey welcome yeah I thought it would be nice to be able to chat as we start college ect :)
Iv had my interview but thats it im waiting for a taster session now (im doing beauty level 2) I also did hairdressing when I left school but didnt finish!
Iv got a nearly 2 year old daughter my college has a nursery literally next door so works out well for childcare! Its exciting to start something new but the waiting sucks! I just want it to be September already! :D

<3 Stephanie <3

Does anyone know how long after the interview we have to wait until the taster? And what the taster entails? Its only been 2 weeks this Thursday since my interview but im tired of waiting already!

Does anyone know how long after the interview we have to wait until the taster? And what the taster entails? Its only been 2 weeks this Thursday since my interview but im tired of waiting already!

I had my interview last Wednesday and they said my taster would be one of the first few days in july im not really sure what it entails but they said its kinda like a second interview where they watch how you interact with everyone else (basically just making sure your not some horrible rude person with no social skills ha) oh they also said at the taster we could try on uniforms to see what size we need im bored of waiting too just wanna get going! I realllllllly want my kit thats the bit im looking forward to:D

<3 Stephanie <3

Latest posts

Back