Is it just me or is age a problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jospurs

Reaction score
Hi

I use L & P at the moment and I have started to realise that when I do young girls, say below 25 their nail or nail always comes off but when I do over 30's I.E myself, mum and friends I don't have this problem.

Does anyone else relate to this oor is it just me?

Jo x

i ve have most trouble with my under 20 clients. The enhancements are always much more "worn" than any others. I think its just because many (not all!) just dont take the aftercare advice on board..:)

You're absolutely right. The younger clients on the whole are more reckless with their nails. Not only that, but the younger the client, the more likely they are to blame the damages on things other than their own carelesness. Older clients will be more honest if they have broken their nails.

Yep (some) late teens are a nightmare, I think they are too used to the concrete nails from NSS .....

They dont look after them as well as the older clients, in my experience ..

I agree but i thought it was because they have more oily skin therefore nails we get less oily and spotty as we get older. Also not helped by their lack of after care. I would love to fill my diary with over 40s they are so much easier.x

I tend to agree with you saying that younger women are tougher on their nails (I know, I am one of them :smack:) but they've always told me straight away what they've done to it!

Its some of my more mature clients that tell me 'it just fell off' (like the one who told me it flew off when she reached for her glass of champagne?!).

Maybe i'm just the odd one out lol

I also thought it is due to the oily skin and nail beds and the amount of hormones going through there bodies. My sister-in-law and niece use the same place in London, my niece is very careful but hers come off, she 22 and my sister-in-law in her 40's has no problems. It got me thinking as my daughter and every client under 25 is ringing me saying one or two have come off.

I was starting to think I was a bad tech until I started putting 2 and 2 toghether.

I have just read somewhere that acrylic does not like oily nails beds and am thinking of offering fibre or gel to my younger clients as i dont want to get bad press. I live in a small town so reputation is very important to me.

Jo x

An oily nail plate is very rare. If they are having problems with nails "falling off" double prep also try prepping one hand then apply l&p then prep the other and apply. HTH

Last edited:
When I do young girls nails I tell them straight that their nails should last two weeks before they need to be filled in and if their nails break before before then i am not responsible and therefore there is no point in coming to me to fix them, and I further explain that if they come back to me they will have to pay per nail. I always tell them this (they know me anyway) and they hardly come back. If they come back I ask them a million and one questions and they get the message loud and clear. :)

Latest posts

Back