is it me or them ??????????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabulous

Reaction score
ive had my own nail bar since feb workin fri and sat fully booked both days doing acrylic minx nails and spray tans ! yet two of my friends have gone back to the salon they used to be at who use electric drills if you get me ?????!!!! they say they can t afford to come back every two weeks etc and to be fair thers still hang on at six wks yet ther nails under are awful trauma marks weakness etc!!! and the look so fake but stay real shiny !!! am i doin somethin wong i lve creative i try so hard i admit im learning more and more but my confident has benn shatterd i have vdery lyal customers who come back every two weeks but still feel a faliure i eat sleep etc nails i read everything and try to get all knowledge what more can i do ??????????????? one very low nail tech !
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

ok so look at the positives....................You are fully booked.................your work must be good............................dont worry about two numpty friends who would rather damage their nails and have them done cheap than come to you...................

Why are we saying using electric files is bad? :(

Sounds to an old cynic like me that your 'friends' want you to cut your prices for them. If they cannot afford to come back to you after 2 weeks then they cannot afford your services, simple as that. There are a lot more clients out there for you who will be happy to pay your prices and come back happily after 2 weeks. Concentrate on them not on these so called friends of yours! :D

thank u i know it looks black and white yet it seems far from it :( i feel so crap at nails im a perfectionist and i feel it does me know favours i just hope clients keep comin back ! my friends weere very loyal when they were havin freebies! the onl;y thing that doubts me is that ther ?????? nails stay on 6 weeks !!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with an efile in the right hands. Trouble is it is really difficult to get through to those clients who choose weeks of concrete on their nails and don't care one bit about the health of their natural nails.

let them go. You're fully booked!

Why are we saying using electric files is bad? :(
E FILES ARE NOT BAD i have not stated this however in the wrong hands they are ?? as u would probably agree ?

Nothing wrong with an efile in the right hands. Trouble is it is really difficult to get through to those clients who choose weeks of concrete on their nails and don't care one bit about the health of their natural nails.

let them go. You're fully booked!
thank u your gettin exactly where im coming form e files are good in right hands just the whole friends stick by you moral ;)

ok so look at the positives....................You are fully booked.................your work must be good............................dont worry about two numpty friends who would rather damage their nails and have them done cheap than come to you...................
thanks x u right the only thing i feel i woe them is they stuck by me when i was learining and cut the odd cuticle etc lol

thanks x u right the only thing i feel i woe them is they stuck by me when i was learining and cut the odd cuticle etc lol

Yes but they were getting it for free !!!! You dont owe them !!!!
One of my sisters refuses to come to me because shes knows that I will charge her !!!
At the end of the day I am not a charity and neither are you !

You sound like you have good loyal customers stick with those..............

thank u i know it looks black and white yet it seems far from it :( i feel so crap at nails im a perfectionist and i feel it does me know favours i just hope clients keep comin back ! my friends weere very loyal when they were havin freebies! the onl;y thing that doubts me is that ther ?????? nails stay on 6 weeks !!!!!!!
I think you just answered your own question they were getting them free .They cant get free anymore so they've settled for cheap.Are they leaving them for 6 weeks without any maintenence:?: xx

Right I will stick my neck out..................................

They have horrible looking massive wedges, with stellar damage to there natrual nail...........

you are using CND one of THE most respected brands in the world............

I really would not give two hoots for the fact that their nails stay on for 6 weeks, look at the damage, look at the bad enhancements

You know you can do better, you know that you do better, you know that you are more expensive.......................YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WORTH IT .....................

So is it Me or Them.............................THEM !!!!

The best thing to do is to focus on improving your skills and speed, and don't let anyone distract you. It's tough to begin - you know your weaknesses, it's hard to get new customers, and you are doing this by yourself. Just hang in there - it gets easier. Believe in yourself, practice and try to get better each day. You will get there!

Latest posts

Back