Is it normal for this to happen to lashes after blink and go? x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

torilou

Reaction score
Hi guys Ive had the blink and gos removed today and have been left with hardly any lashes, I had very thick black average length lashes before having them on (by a very bad tech) and now they are so thin and short with gaps everywhere, I didnt think it was this bad in the salon when I looked in the mirror but she did put me strip lashes on free of charge to kinda compensate.They looked a bit weird so I just took them off and looking in the mirror couldnt stop myself from crying.
I know I should have found out about this before I had them done but I didnt ask and the tech didnt tell me anything about it.
Is this normal? They are so bad my bottom lashes are twice the length of them and theyre short anyway. I am totally guttad
Thanks for your time xxx

Awe I feel for ya. So how long did you have the lashes on for?

Thanks I had them on 2 weeks then removed and another set straight back on for 10 days xxx

Hey

I feel really sorry for you, however on a positive note if the tech your getting next time is very experienced then they will not have a problem giving you a lovely full set filling in all the gaps. As i said before in my album are pictures of clients whoes natural lashes are very qappy and short however the blink and goes look good on them and you would never tell they have such sparse natural lashes. As for damaging you natural lash, this should never happen, the only time i've had clients loose any of their own lashes is when they've pulled a lash out eith by fiddling with it or rubbing them too hard, however I have one client who wears blink ang go reguarly and when she decides not too have any one her lashes look the same as before. Hope this is helpful. it's such a shame you've had such an awful experience.

xxx

:hug: do you have long to wait until you go back? I think you should be looking for more compensation than just a replacement set. Try not to get too upset.

Annie xx

Hey hun I don't do the blink and go lashes, just the semi-perm lashes.

I don't think any lash system is designed to ruin your own lashes as badly as that. But as with anything, the misuse of any product results in problems.

Your lashes were so badly applied they were bound to rip your lashes out. Huge clumps of glue is too heavy for the lashes.

I really think you should look into getting semi-permanent eyelash extensions. When applied correctly these will cause no damage to your own lashes. With these each lash hair is extended one at a time so they will just look like your own lashes, you will be amazed.

I've got an unfinished website with 2 pics of how they should look at www.lashb.co.uk

I'm going to have some blink and gos put on myself soon, so untill then I can't comment on lash damage. But from everything I've seen and read I think the blink and go will cause a tiny bit of temporary damage when applied correctly, but nothing like what you've experienced.

I think you should write to the salon, I don't think what they've offered is anywhere near satisfactory. You should let them know you have pictures, and unless they come up with a satisfactory solution you would like their insurance details to claim against them. The girl who did your lashes should still be practising and definately not charging.

If you do decide to have blink and go with them again, get the girl to do one eye first, check you're happy before you let her do the other eye. Oddball has got some lovely pics of the blink and go lashes she's done. If they don't look like that, it's time to leave.

And don't cry, your lashes will grow back. Why not wear some black eyeliner on the top lid for now? That'll take some of the focus away.

Hey hun I don't do the blink and go lashes, just the semi-perm lashes.

I don't think any lash system is designed to ruin your own lashes as badly as that. But as with anything, the misuse of any product results in problems.

Your lashes were so badly applied they were bound to rip your lashes out. Huge clumps of glue is too heavy for the lashes.

I really think you should look into getting semi-permanent eyelash extensions. When applied correctly these will cause no damage to your own lashes. With these each lash hair is extended one at a time so they will just look like your own lashes, you will be amazed.

I've got an unfinished website with 2 pics of how they should look at www.lashb.co.uk

I'm going to have some blink and gos put on myself soon, so until then I can't comment on lash damage. But from everything I've seen and read I think the blink and go will cause a tiny bit of temporary damage when applied correctly, but nothing like what you've experienced.

I think you should write to the salon, I don't think what they've offered is anywhere near satisfactory. You should let them know you have pictures, and unless they come up with a satisfactory solution you would like their insurance details to claim against them. The girl who did your lashes should still be practising and definately not charging.

If you do decide to have blink and go with them again, get the girl to do one eye first, check you're happy before you let her do the other eye. Oddball has got some lovely pics of the blink and go lashes she's done. If they don't look like that, it's time to leave.

And don't cry, your lashes will grow back. Why not wear some black eyeliner on the top lid for now? That'll take some of the focus away.

First you say you can't comment and then YOU DO!!
The thing is .. YOU HAVE MADE A DAMAGING COMMENT that is totally unfounded and I think that is very unfair to Blink & Go.

Of course it is not NORMAL. Would a company with the high reputation of Nouveau Lash promote a service that ruined peoples eyelashes? Ridiculous.

This client has had a bad experience with a person who obviously did not know what she was doing and shouldn't have been doing it (bet she didn't have B&G training). They bothered her eyes allot and I'm sure got more than their fair share of fiddling with because of it.

Going to make a stance here...

Well as you know I really like all the 3D stuff and bang on about it on my other posts.But I do not feel that your comments are justified TORILOU.

Looks like a little bit heavy on Nouveau.

Your pictures are not very clear, and to me they do not look that real, sorry if this upsets you and others.

In some of the poor quality pictures I see a bit of adhesive, in others I see it caked in (it looks like thick mascara) so this for me and only me (so don't worry)this does not really stand up.

To break the lash bond (on any lashes) keep massaging oil into them, it really is this simple just keep doing it.

Pulling and tugging will cause self damage, you will pull your own lashes out. simple again.

I don't really believe anything you have said, one again this is my prerogative, you say you cant say anything then you do??

You start a new thread? this is also very strange, why would one do this?

Simple again.

You are also a new user as well? mmmmm Simple again.

Nothing really adds up, mods do the business to this thread, I would say.

Take my valid comments and add them together, see what you get.

Su x

Sorry but are you trying to say that Torilou is lying ?????????????

Sorry but are you trying to say that Torilou is lying ?????????????

Ahh another mountain/mo-hill therapist, unravel the cotton wool, read what I put then add it together, I have come to my conclusion, based on my vast skill. You of course have the freedom of speech and your own thoughts.

But in my book it does not confirm.

Su x :?:

Hey all

As a blink and go trained professional, I really just wanted to make it clear that blink and go applied and removed professionally WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR NATURAL LASHES, If this was the case it would be impossible to regularly have blink and go applied, removed then reapplied. Thank you redchick for your comment on my album however unless trained in the product please don't assume anything as any comments made can give people negative views on the treatment. unfortunately torilou has had a very bad experience involving a tech who seems to be unqualified to carry out the service. This off course can happens with any product or service, nails, hair or tanning and can be extremely upsetting for anyone. I advised torilou to complain and take the complaint higher if need be. sorry to say again but as you all can appreciate blink and go is one of my main services offered in the salon and if it was damaging or harmful to the eyes or looked like torilou's lashes I would not be making a business out of it and certainly would not have repeat clients.

thanks

Ahh another mountain/mo-hill therapist, unravel the cotton wool, read what I put then add it together, I have come to my conclusion, based on my vast skill. You of course have the freedom of speech and your own thoughts.

But in my book it does not confirm.

Su x :?:

mmmmm been called a lot of things in my time but mountain / mo - hill therapist is a first !!!

I found your thread confusing and often find that a straight forward answer is more informative and considering your 'vast skill' I would have thought that your reply to the thread could have been more concise.

Many thanks for your 'clarification' !!!!!

Hi everyone can I just let you know that I am in fact telling the truth, I dont know why anyone would think Im lying??
I am not trying to damage blink and go's reputation, I have seen the pics of others like oddball and I think they look amazing, I just think I had someone who didnt know what she was doing, I mean why would I lie about it I dont understand?
I am going back to the salon tomorrow to get them done by another girl, the same one that took them off for me yesterday, and she seems like she knows what shes doing. She did tell me the other girl had put WAY too much glue on and too many lashes which is why a lot of damage has been caused. She also said she would sort them out for me free of charge, I do have faith in this girl just from the fact that when she took the lashes off yesterday she was so gentle and I can honestly say that it didnt sting at all, not even a twinge! Nothing like last time when my eyes were burning like hell and I had blurred vision for the rest of the day so much so I darent drive!
Oh and the reason I started a new thread is because its a different question Im asking. The other thread was asking if the lashes should look like this and this one is asking if they should look like this AFTER having the lashes.
And yes my pics are not the best quality, but I said that in the gallery, What do you think I made them up? Why would you think like this Su?
Im going to mention to them how damaged my lashes are tomorrow when I go back and see what they say.
Thanks for you support you guys that dont think Im some kind of liar lol
xxx

Also could you please explain what this means?

Take my valid comments and add them together, see what you get

Not so valid as they are just paranoid riddles that I just cant get my head round??

Reading through your posts I see you probably like to upset people so if you wouldnt mind Id rather not have comments from you again if they are going to be insulting and negative.

There's always one isnt there!!

You're right Tori, there is always one and it's always the same one :rolleyes:
Please don't take these comments to heart. No-one thinks you are lying.
You've had a bad experience and, rightly so, it has upset you.
Hopefully this will all be sorted tomorrow and you'll have some fab new lashes.
Don't forget to take pics and post them on here so we can all see :biggrin:

Thanks Angelina Ill try and take some clearer pics and not forge them this time lol xxx

Going to make a stance here...

Well as you know I really like all the 3D stuff and bang on about it on my other posts.But I do not feel that your comments are justified TORILOU.

Looks like a little bit heavy on Nouveau.

Your pictures are not very clear, and to me they do not look that real, sorry if this upsets you and others.

In some of the poor quality pictures I see a bit of adhesive, in others I see it caked in (it looks like thick mascara) so this for me and only me (so don't worry)this does not really stand up.

To break the lash bond (on any lashes) keep massaging oil into them, it really is this simple just keep doing it.

Pulling and tugging will cause self damage, you will pull your own lashes out. simple again.

I don't really believe anything you have said, one again this is my prerogative, you say you cant say anything then you do??

You start a new thread? this is also very strange, why would one do this?

Simple again.

You are also a new user as well? mmmmm Simple again.

Take my valid comments and add them together, see what you get.

Su x

This is possibly one of the most confusing and unhelpful posts i've seen in a long time!!

I thought the forum was here to help each other in a proffessional manner, all you seem to have suceeded in doing is annoying someone who has had a bad experience with a bad lasher.

I am not a lash lady yet but surely the job of the proffessionals on here is to reassure that this is not the norm (as the helpful geeks have done) :irked:

Torilou, i hope you get on better with the other girl. Pop some pics on so we can see the improvement if you get a chance xxxxx

Sorry if I've offended anyone, that wasn't my intention. Will take back what I said about blink and go and not post again.

Just wanted to help like most people who post on here, not get my head bitten off.

And how awful to start a thread then get called a liar. This thread is getting nasty.

Here, Here!
Please dont stop posting, your advice has really helped me and I am totally greatfull for it xxx

It's very easy to "mis-interpret" what people mean when they "say" things!
If, for instance, someone doesn't believe that another person is justified in what they've said, it doesn't automatically mean that they're calling them a liar.

Let's all try to remember to respect each other in our replies and if we do have to make personal comments to one another to do so via private message please guys.

It'll make the mods lives a tad easier too :wink2:

Thanks chicas :green:

p.s. I see no reason to keep this open... moving on... swiftly :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back