Is it polite to ask a tech to do your nails in a particular way???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Mrs O, think you may have misunderstood the "photo" part - I meant that I had printed off some pictures of p/w sculpts to show how I like them, ie right balance of p/w, not that I was going to take photos of HER work ... I'm crazy about nails but not that bad! lol

xx

It's polite to make a suggestion, but in the end it's a decision made by "both" parties, it's really (often) a compromise, the more educated person should win out, and the client should listen to the educated.

I actually won't do work that I don't think looks good (after all) it's a reflection of me, my abilities and is a walking advertisement for me.

If a client wants enhancements, that simply don't "enhance" and makes them look ugly, I will send them elsewhere.

Some may call this "attitude", but I have built a reputation over many years and wish to maintain it.

If it doesn't look "beautify" I don't do it.

But thats me ......

Thanks guys, your comments have all been v helpful!

I think its great when clients know what they want and I certainly wouldnt be offended - I would tho prefer if the client came in befor ethe appointment so I had time to factor more time for custom blend/dig out my bits and bobs/ really understand what exactly client wants and give her options. We find that we do so many services and have different ways to custom blend that we usually have a lil brain storm! We love nails and our clients see our passion but its def better if we're not discussing all this during a treatment time.

Good luck with your training

Latest posts

Back