Is it possible to spray to little?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munch

Reaction score
I sprayed Nouvatan 10% on 2 friends who have had it before. They have both come back to be saying it wasnt the same as the last time they had the Nouvatan 10%, it is so much lighter this time.

What could have happened? I use about 30ml per spray. Why would it be so much lighter, I have seen a pic of the tan line and one of the girls and it is a very mild tan.

Any idears about this?

Yes it is possible not to spray enough solution on.

I personally use around 50ml per tan and although you will find some geeks on here saying 30ml is enough I dont think it gives the same depth of colour as using the 50ml and that is why I've not turned my gun down any lower.

You could spray them again today with the same gun setting and they would go darker because of the second spray.

I would think if you turn your gun up just a teeny bit more you would get a nice coverage with a good depth of colour without using too much more solution for any further tans you do.

The only reasons I can think of are that a) you sprayed further away this time or b) your gun dial is a little tighter than before, limiting the amount of spray that comes out. I use about 50mls solution per average size 12-14 person. I also use Nouvatan. You could give them another light coat to top up.

I have done my daughter in 10% before now and turned out lovely colour then did her 10% and she went really dark did her again last week again with 10% and she was fine again sometimes I think time of the month and skin conditions change making the tans change as well.

You can definitely spray too light!! Especially with Nouvatan.

I sprayed my boyfriend with an 8% before and sprayed very close cause I could not see the guide colour going on.

He then sprayed me with a 12% and I made him stand further away as he has sprayed me too heavily before... He ended up darker than me!

So you probably stood too far away!

To be honest, these geeks who use 30ml are miracles, I could never do a good tan using that little amount, I use about 50ml per tan x

Thank you Geeks.

I think I will turn up my gun a bit.

I was never told in training about turning my gun down so was soaking people when I first started. Been hung up on NOT spraying loads but I have taken it a bit far now I think:wink2:

The tan was lovely just not strong enough.

Mel x

You can definitely spray too light!! Especially with Nouvatan.

I sprayed my boyfriend with an 8% before and sprayed very close cause I could not see the guide colour going on.

He then sprayed me with a 12% and I made him stand further away as he has sprayed me too heavily before... He ended up darker than me!

So you probably stood too far away!

To be honest, these geeks who use 30ml are miracles, I could never do a good tan using that little amount, I use about 50ml per tan x

Been in similar situation too definitely because was too far away xxx

Latest posts

Back