Is MS a Contra Indication to Waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
Hi waxing geeks.

Had a client come into the salon yesterday who wanted her under arms waxed (not had them waxed before).

Anyhow, did the consulation and discovered that the client has MS, she says that she doesnt suffer too much, but is not taking any medication for it at the minute as she is breast feeding her 16 week old baby.

I cant find details anywhere that MS is a contra indication to waxing in all my beauty books, but as she was coing to the doctors yesterday afternoon I asked if she could obtain gp approval before completing the treatment. Did do a very small test patch to see if she got any reactions.

Now I know tht some docs are a pain in the but in giving confirmation in writing, so as I cannot find this is a documented contra -indication would you go ahead and do the treatment or not.

It is perfectly fine to wax someone with MS. It is a neurological disorder. My absoute favourite client has MS and is on meds for it, and there is no problems at all, and I wax her from her eyebrows down to her toes.

My mum has MS and I wax her sometimes. It's great for her as she has no feeling down one side of her body. Just be gentle (I know you would) as sometimes, they can't tell you if things are pulling in sensitive area.

I Dont know about this one, I dont think I would go ahead with the treatment unless a Drs note was provided. I know we have to be very careful if loss of feeling has occured (as in diabetes sometimes) as the client would not be able to tell you if the temperature of the wax was ok. To be on the safe side I would always cover yourself. You may find your insurance is invalid otherwise. x

I would always test the temp on myself first so the client having loss of sensation should not be an issue.If its the correct temperature for me it will be for the client.

MS is not an issue for me,neither are a lot of other things.It's some of the drugs and their side affects that pose more of an issue.

I would want to know if the drugs being taken, causes any type of skin thinning,for example, like acne treatments do.

Anyway...Yes I would treat MS for waxing.HTH:green:

Thanks for all your replies.

I did decide to go ahead with the waxing for the client with MS.

I did a patch test a few days before hand which caused no reaction and as she isnt on any medication knew there wouldnt be any reaction form that.

Thanks to you all.

Latest posts

Back