Is my brush beyond saving?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrienne88

Reaction score
Ok, so I have made the mistake I really didn't want to. Didn't clean my brush straight after applying L&P and it has a little hard clump on it now (noooo!)

I thought I would have a last ditch attempt at soaking it in monomer. How long is it ok to do this for?? Or any tips so save my brush!?

Thanks lovelies x

Hi :)

A good soak in monomer to soften the clump should do the trick. Just remove the build up of product and your brush will be as good as new!! Good luck chick :hug:

Thankyou! Fingers crossed, I haven't had it long!

You have cheered me up, I thought it was dead hehe :lol:

I have done this a few times before so dont panic. As said a soak in monomer will do the trick, but stand your brush by placing against a wall with a blob of blu-tac and then having the brush in a dish of monomer underneath so that the hard acrylic can soften and fall off into the dish. (dont have the brush touching the bottom of the dish though).
Hope that all makes sense.

A good soak in your monomer, don't drain the brush, lay flat on to kitchen paper and use a orange wood stick to scrape the product away. Fan the brush right out to make sure you get within the flags. Re dip and carry on until completly clean of clumps. xx

Just to add i do this instantly. I don't leave the brush to soak, i just give it a good dunking to get the whole brush head soaked. The orangewood stick does the rest. xx

That's great, thanks for all the advice, will have a go now! :)

Adrienne x

Latest posts

Back