Is 'my' method wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhanced-Barbie

Reaction score
Well since I've been an unemployed nail tech, I have been doing my nails a bit, and have fallen into a habit of doing my application differently to any I have read thus far.

The part I am talking about is my zone application. I normally do it in this order: zone 2, zone 1, zone 3 + apex build.

Is there a reason against this? I find it so much easier to do, and my nails come out so much nicer.

I have finally gotten around to putting notices around my town to advertise, so I want to be sure before I do a client.

Suze,

First, if it works for you and you do not have service breakdown, then its fine. If you do a set that way, it looks fab, no service issues with lifting or cracking (ie. breakdown) and the client is happy....then you do what works for you.

HTH's

N.

p.s. kids back in school next week we need to arrange a day for the two of us to have a play yes?

Suze,

First, if it works for you and you do not have service breakdown, then its fine. If you do a set that way, it looks fab, no service issues with lifting or cracking (ie. breakdown) and the client is happy....then you do what works for you.

HTH's

N.

p.s. kids back in school next week we need to arrange a day for the two of us to have a play yes?

Thanks for your answer Nancy :)

And, YES! totally. I am almost done setting up one of my spare rooms as a nail room, ready for clients (if I get any :eek:) so would be great.
My nails are looking a bit crap at the mo though, I didnt have any acetone so have ripped some off, and now ive got a bit of natural nail lifting (starts with 'o') :rolleyes: so hopefully Ill have it better by then. I know, naughty me, and I cant believe im admitting that on here, but we all do silly things right? And ive learnt my lesson, promise :smack:

Whatever works, I think it also depends on if you are doing pink & white or one color over tips, sculptures etc.

There are so many variables and I don't think anything is set down in stone. People afraid to experiment may think otherwise.

Suze, NEXT TIME and before I get there, get thee to Radius and get the Sally Hansen non acetone remover (the blue green stuff) it works fab for soaking off. I'll bring some acetone with me as well so you have some in the meantime, but honestly I've been using the SH stuff with the pad/tin method and it works fast and fab.

bad girl :-( Oil up your nails in the meantime, especially under the ones with the big "O" to help reattach.

<shaking head>
Still lurves ya though....

Thanks for your comment Nailzoo, I have never actually done a set of natural nails, only pink and whites, or art. Reassuring that you arent telling me off for it though :)

Eni, I will def look into that, hey I cant remember if I have asked you before, but do you shop on mikaj.co.nz? They sell (I think 6oz) acetone for $5! They also have lots of awesome art stuff, the playboy decals get a lot of attention and are cheap! You can add those onto nails for $.50 or $1 and only cost about $2.50 for around 50 of them. Young girls seem to go gaga over them! Ive got some lying around so can give ya a few when I see you, if you dont already have some, im sure some of your sons friends will be into them.

Oh also, in reply to Nailzoos message, I sculpt :)

If, like Eni said, it works for you and you don't get any service breakdown whilst producing beautiful enhancements then continue doing what you're doing :D

Thanks :) I just thought it might be a little frowned upon because of how I do the apex last. I havent had any problems personally, but then I never do when I have nails, never get lifting or anything.

It kind of crossed my mind that the apex might not be so strong this way, but I guess its not really different to if it was built with zone 2 as per usual.

Latest posts

Back