Is Patrick Cameron worth the investment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIVA.GLAM

Reaction score
We've just added a bridal package to our price lists and it's about time I started brushing up on my hair ups. I tend to focus on my colouring more but recently started doing a lot more hair ups. I usually just wing them to be honest and they come out better that way. I'm just not totally confident on brides.

One of my best friends who I've known since I was 3 is getting married next year and has asked me to do her hair and make up for her wedding. I don't have a problem with bridal make up just still a bit iffy about the hair ups. I've also got 2 of my regulars getting married and one of them is on a Sunday and it will be the first time I'm getting to do hair on location.

Not that you needed to background story, I was just looking through the forums again and going over some tutorials I could find and Patrick Cameron keeps coming up. After looking at his website and the prices for his books/DVDs I almost died inside a little. But I'm willing to pay these prices if it is worth the investment.

Do you think Patrick Cameron is worth investing in?
If so, which books/DVDs would you recommend?

does she have an idea of what style she wants ? if you havent got the books or dvsds at the moment then i would go on you tube .. i know i know its the devil a lot of times but theres some really good hair ups on there .. let me know what you are looking for i will see if i can find anything that mgiht help x

does she have an idea of what style she wants ? if you havent got the books or dvsds at the moment then i would go on you tube .. i know i know its the devil a lot of times but theres some really good hair ups on there .. let me know what you are looking for i will see if i can find anything that mgiht help x

No not yet we've got until October '12 to play with a few ideas. She has got long hair with long layers and we trim it regularly to keep it healthy. Fairly thick but I do razor the bulk out occasionally.

Oh my days, YouTube is a nightmare sometimes. Some of those tutorials are good and I've managed to find a few good tips but I'm wondering if the DVDs/Books might be good to hold onto. If you know what I mean? What I plan on doing is buying one of those (awful) tuition training heads and get practicing and perhaps build up a personal portfolio.

Also, the junior (have to just say, I hate calling her junior because her skills surpass some who've been hairdressing for a few years) is really into her hair ups and will be working with me on the bridal packages and hoped these resources may be good for her as well and then maybe her and myself can get together at work when we're free and put some into practice.

I would if I were you...
I've got 1 DVD and 1 book, and the hair pack of his.
Some of the styles are beautiful...
It's all step by step, I just need to take a few hours out to practice :-D
xxx

He makes it look easy. Hmph.

Which book and DVD did you get? I'm a bit lost at which to get. You can see some of the previews on the DVD page but I only tend to like 1 or 2 from the collections. I don't wanna spend £50 or so on a dvd for one hairstyle.

I'm not looking to replicate any hairstyles I'm just looking to get more tips and tricks and ideas. Do you know what I mean? :\

Looks good thank you. What about Trevor Sorbie? Came across his book anyone tried and tested him?

He makes it look easy. Hmph.

Which book and DVD did you get? I'm a bit lost at which to get. You can see some of the previews on the DVD page but I only tend to like 1 or 2 from the collections. I don't wanna spend £50 or so on a dvd for one hairstyle.

I'm not looking to replicate any hairstyles I'm just looking to get more tips and tricks and ideas. Do you know what I mean? :\

I just love him, he is amazing! The books are worth every penny, as are his dvds, ive done his courses and go to his seminars every year, and im still totally inspired by him! The bridal album is £35 i think which isnt too bad, but have a look on ebay, ive seem afew of his books on there in the past xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I ordered and received the Patrick Cameron bridal hair album last week, it's fab! Great ideas!

Thanks ladies. I'm going to invest in some Patrick Cameron and Sharon Blain. Hair-ups ahoy!

Latest posts

Back