Is she wanting to charge too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannexx

Reaction score
Hi I am looking for a little bit of a help I work employed with in a busy hair and beauty salon and we are in talks of going self employed ... The salon owner is wanting £350pw rent and this doesn't include products it seems a little bit expensive what does every one think ? Xx

Thats ridiculous! !! I know it depends on Location etc... but surely not!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gosh that is a lot!!

Too much !!!! I know area does make a difference but my god !

I don't know about a little bit expensive, that is way too much.

As you are working there, how much money is the beauty side generating? Is there a large client base? Can you charge what you like and use the products you like? Can you work the hours you want? Are you doing your own bookings etc or is the salon doing it for you?

Lots of questions. I would never consider this to be a fair rent no matter what the answers, but it may give you some food for thought about what is on offer x

That's far too much!! As someone has said as you already work there, do your sums, work out how many clients you do on average per week and how much you would make from those clients, then take off the rent and products used an see how much you have left (if anything) then decided if you can afford to live on what's left, if not then there's your answer 😊

Thanks for the help guys I am actually a hairdresser so my outgoings for products will be a lot per week I have a built up client base so I no I have got the work there but on a bad week It would be a struggle ... This includes water electricity ect and we are still able to use her equipment ie hair dryers brushes ect and she will still be paying a wage to the receptionist but surely this is still alot ? Xx

When you say 'we' is the rent split between a few of you, or is that each? Xx

That is each x

You could own a salon and run it with products etc for that amount of money that's just ridiculous!

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

That is so high! In my salon both beauticians and hairdressers pay £125 a week, and that's deemed as expensive for our area, most salons around us work on a percentage basis where you buy and use all you own thing and then give a % back although this can end up being expensive if you are earning quite a lot :) x

We only charge £100 pw or £25 per day if you're not there all week & were in Leeds x

That is waaaaaay too much.

£100-£125 per week is acceptable where I work.....don't be scared to negotiate.

Good luck xxx

I charge £40 a day in my salon but the girl who works full time (can work any time that the salon is open) pays me for 4 days. That's fairly standard for my area.

Far too much!! I charge £125 a week, provide them with a few styling products when they start, (after can buy from me at cost) all back wash included etc they provide their own colours and tools.

Hi we have a hairdressing room with a backwash and two stations we charge £125 a week no add ons we are in Mossleyhill Liverpool. Who ever rents the room provides all stock and equipment chooses her own days hours and reaps the rewards of their own hard work. Available now if anyone is interested?

I'm in Glasgow and I'm £150 a week and I do as many or as little hours as I wish. All backwash is provided, towels etc. just colours & tools I buy :)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Latest posts

Back