Is shellac the real thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a us site, yes this looks like a genuine cnd supplier, but I am not in the usa.

What is your question exactly, sorry I cant see what you are asking or why, as this is a USA based site. xxxx

This site is saying that it is shelling shellac cheaper than we can buy from S2. Yes I know it's US. I liv ein the uk

It is a different country supplier so I would not like to say, I would assume looking at the prices they convert to much the same as we are getting form s2? I dont know, but surely after it's irrelivant anyhows as it's an american site.

xxx

This site is saying that it is shelling shellac cheaper than we can buy from S2. Yes I know it's US. I liv ein the uk

I would imagine the price difference will be accounting for the shipping and duty to bring the products into the UK.

It may look like Its cheeper , but if they slap an import tax on it at customs you could end up paying a lot more!
It's far better to support your local .

Most things in the US are cheaper than here. There would be a high cost to ship anything and you would have to pay duty at this end. You would need to insure your package in case of damage or loss and you may wait weeks if it get held up in customs. That is assuming Nailtech would even sell to you in this country considering we already have a distributor covering the UK which is Sweet Squared.

It may look like Its cheeper , but if they slap an import tax on it at customs you could end up paying a lot more!
It's far better to support your local .

Exactly why I was saying I did not understand the post, as why would you buy from a usa site as there prices are diffrent to ours, yes may seem cheaper but they have diffrent VAT laws etc soit varys from state to state etc.

I think from any authorised dist in the UK you will pay the same no cheaper. xx

During the initial base coat scarcity I bought a bottle from a USA site for £20 + £5 postage = £25. Well when it finally arrived I got charged an extra £20 at the PO duty tax! And to top it off the stock had come in so I'd already bought another base coat from SS2 the week before.

I haven't used it yet, probabily due to shock. But one things for sure, no matter how cheap or desperate I will not be doing that again x :hug:

During the initial base coat scarcity I bought a bottle from a USA site for £20 + £5 postage = £25. Well when it finally arrived I got charged an extra £20 at the PO duty tax! And to top it off the stock had come in so I'd already bought another base coat from SS2 the week before.

I haven't used it yet, probabily due to shock. But one things for sure, no matter how cheap or desperate I will not be doing that again x :hug:

Thanks for posting this. We have had a lot of questions recently about the prices in the States being cheaper and people being annoyed with distributors here. This shows what some of us have been saying about the duty and how much it can cost.

The distributors get charged this duty as well and every importer come to that. This is one of the reasons it is so expensive to live in this country.

From what I have seen most American salaries, when converted back to £s are not as high, like for like so there is also the difference there as well. It's a bit like saying in my Granma's day we could have got it for £...., there is just nothing to compare it properly against. The prices in Europe tend to be even higher! :)

The prices in Europe tend to be even higher!
You can say that again!!!!!
I don't bother to compare prices from the UK distributors to my Spanish ones any more as it's totally depressing.
The prices over here for the majority of my stock is a LOT higher than you UK guys are paying... seriously!

You can say that again!!!!!
I don't bother to compare prices from the UK distributors to my Spanish ones any more as it's totally depressing.
The prices over here for the majority of my stock is a LOT higher than you UK guys are paying... seriously!

It's the same for us Irish Techs... the prices are much much higher here than in the UK... I nearly fainted when I saw the difference ... I'd be sticking to buying from Sweet Squared if I lived in the UK.

I think the other thing to note is that many people who sell off of ebay used to send their packages marked as gifts to evade the tax. I believe it is now against the law to do so and you get fined aswell as charged your tax if you get caught (I don't know if that bits gospel)

The PO told me any package from outside Europe that was over £20 in value would get this import charge, so please do be carefull. I only ordered a bottle of shellac, I dread to think how much it would of been for a larger item that valued alot more than £20 :hug:

I still cannot believe 1 bottle of Shellac base coat ended up costing me £45! Gutted :cry:

Latest posts

Back