Is There A Market For Weekend Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you do more training if it was available at weekends???

• yes definately

Votes: 357 83.4%
  • Nope, can get there in the week no probs

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • wouldnt make any difference to me

Votes: 46 10.7%

• Total voters
I put that it doesn't make any difference - but I prefer to train on a Tuesday if I can. It's my quietest day in the salon. Saturday's are usually the busiest to that's not good, and Sunday and Monday are my day off, and like Andrea I like to keep this as MY time if at all possible.

caz3 said:
Yes this was great when I did my Ezflow course I could do it Saturday's and Sunday's other wise hubby would have had to take leave to look after kids which is no good as when he has leave we want to be a family and do things together.

Caz xxx:)
Same for me, i have no one else to have my kids for me during the week and finding models is harder.Weekends or evening training would be best for me

em x

Training on a weekend is a great idea Amber and we do offer it at our Training Centre in Cardiff when requested.

We do listen to suggestions and try to accommodate peoples requests wherever possible and so this is something which we are looking at introducing on a regular monthly basis from February.

Regards

Mandy x

I prefer to train during the week. Saturday is always busy at work and if I went on a course Sunday it would mean I'd not seen any daylight with my kids at all. Training is really important to me but so are my family.:hug:

Here in Dublin we hold training on Sats,it suits a lot of people,but we seldom have girls that work in salons-they prefer Mons and Tues when they not so busy.However the Sat classes are very very popular and booked up!
I believe Creative Academies in the UK,are planning to hold classes in some areas at weekends and evenings starting soon.
Creatively Karen

cna ireland said:
Here in Dublin we hold training on Sats,it suits a lot of people,but we seldom have girls that work in salons-they prefer Mons and Tues when they not so busy.However the Sat classes are very very popular and booked up!
I believe Creative Academies in the UK,are planning to hold classes in some areas at weekends and evenings starting soon.
Creatively Karen

oooo that would be brilliant, lets hope its soon and near to me:)

em x

I'm lucky, Pronails have started, from last year, offering training sessions on a Sunday and its fantastic, I can easily get a model if needed and hubbie is normally home to keep an eye on the kids. I know its my day off but it fits in around my schedule brilliantly.

Yes i vote for weekend

def be better at weekends, its hard enuf getting a bsby sitter then you need to find a model after that!

would you take a student from abroad? And for how many weeks would the course go on?

florence said:
would you take a student from abroad? And for how many weeks would the course go on?

anyone can take a course and the length of the course depends on who you train with and for what...Creative do a foundation course that is 5 days...where as they also offer a Conversion from one system (L&P) to another (Gel) which is 1 day.

But what will you get in like 6 days? Clearly it won't qualify you to work in a salon or even work your own nails? I'm really interested, and just asking what it takes... :)

florence said:
But what will you get in like 6 days? Clearly it won't qualify you to work in a salon or even work your own nails? I'm really interested, and just asking what it takes... :)

that is a FOUNDATION course as it kind of gives away in its name....is a FOUNDATION.....on which you then BUILD upon...ie more courses in due course

florence said:

It depends on whether a salon wants to employ you or not. I only did the Foundation course and started doing nails straight away...they will teach you what you need to know...but its up to you to practice...it would take years for them to teach you how to do perfect nails every time...that comes with practice and further education.

OK, thanks, and I appreciate the non sarcastic last post. ;) I know I might have made some sour mouths here today, and for that I apologize...

I am really interested in expanding my knowledge to also involve nails, and so I might ask some stupid questions(in a tech's eyes)... Hoping to get serious respones, and also hoping to be looked upon as an equal..

Well anyway, from what I understand, a foundation-course teaches you what's what in products, and roughly how to use them? and then I take further courses to get further down on theory or...?

Definately weekend training. Like a lot on here, I have a full time job and do nails part time.

If I wanted to do training during the week, then I have to book holiday and like Amb said, before you know it, you've used most of your holiday !

Doing the odd Saturday or Sunday training is not so bad, it's only (let say 8 hours) but you've learned something new or have build on a skill you already have. It also gives those who are still learning and trying to expand on their skills the chance to get out there and do it.

I also agree with what has previously been said about models. I'm going on a Brazillian Waxing course in March which is run during the day. Besides trying to find someone who was willing to be a model for the brazillian waxing, then having to convince them that they need to take a day's holiday to do me the favour was a nightmare !

So yes, if there were more weekend courses, I would be the first in the queue. There is definately a market for it !

River

i would say yes there is a market for weekend training especially for those that work full time / have kids etc it would be a god send :biggrin: i have had to get hubby to take holidays to look after little one when i have done some courses which is a right pain , lol ,

Yup..i agree...Rob has to book time off to have kids too...weekends would be brill...even if it was over a couple of weekends...xxx

MINKUS said:
and use all your holidays up?

I dont work full time anymore. It was a real struggle with the boys, taking them to school, homework, activities you name it, plus doing the beauty stuff.

So I work 4 days a week with 1 day off (office job). The day off can be as flexible as I want it to be. So thats what I use if I have to do any training.

When I did the beauty course - it was my day off in the week that I used...

If its a 2-3 day course then I'd have to dip into my annual leave....

Yes I would love to be able to attend a course on a weekend, would mean not having to use up leave. I hope weekend training becomes more available.

Latest posts

Back