Is There A Market For Weekend Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you do more training if it was available at weekends???

• yes definately

Votes: 357 83.4%
  • Nope, can get there in the week no probs

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • wouldnt make any difference to me

Votes: 46 10.7%

• Total voters
Funds permitting I would definitely do more training if the courses were out of work hours. Its hard fitting it all in as the courses are usually a bit of a trek and I have to fit in around the kids at school so evenings and weekends would definitely be better.

I have been looking for training courses for weekend or evenings for a while, its a shame there's nobody does weekend or evenings in the North East.:rolleyes:

raw-beauty said:
I have been looking for training courses for weekend or evenings for a while, its a shame there's nobody does weekend or evenings in the North East.:rolleyes:
try the education hotline 0845 130 1511, i am sure we have an educator in that area?

My weekdays are so busy! If they offered classes on the weekend I'd take one or two for sure...I'm and advocate for continuing education.

Hi guys

I just wondered if you could take the time to answer a question for me (maybe someone somewhere may take note of it !!:wink2: )

Would you do more training courses if they were more readily available at the weekends?????????

I work full time and every day i have off for training (and i have LOADS i want to do this year) i have to use as my holiday (begrudge this as its valuable time i could be spending with my little one) or.......i have to take it UNPAID.

I know the people 'doing' the training have a life too and need days off but im sure one saturday or sunday a month could be offered??

Looking forward to replies!

Amb x
I am pretty sure Creative are doing some evening courses now - would that help?

If I could get training on a Sunday.. the only day that my hubby is available to babysit, the only day that I have someone available to drive me where I need to go... YES..... I'd have done more training by now.

I live close to the city BUT ONLY if you have a driver's license.
Where I live, public transport is so abysmal, it's nearly non-existant. Usually only during rush hours. Throughout the day, only certain stops at 2hrs, then different stops another 2hrs later. In other words, my closest stop, the bus passes at 4hr intervals.
The cost of travel by the multiple busses and metros that I would have to take almost equals what I would have to pay a babysitter, to go for a course for only one day. So, travel and babysitting would cost me about 60$.
Plus, the time it takes to travel that way, to and from is about 4hrs.

If I did it on a Sunday, my hubby could drive me, a total of 20-30min drive away.
Plus, I wouldn't have to pay for a babysitter.

So YES YES if courses were available on Sunday's, I'd be there with bells on.

BRING IT ON, IM SURE IT WOULD MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR LOTS OF PEEPS...!

Anyone listening :green: !

All ears here!
Yes would love to see some weekend training. My reasons the same as most.

i offer le chat training at weekends:)

Hope this doesn't sound too smug :lol: but up here in Scotland we have a part time evening course and I work on Sundays!!

The 12 Day Foundation course that I teach in Edinburgh is run on Sundays & Mondays for 6 weeks Yes you still need the Monday off your work...but most people utilise holidays & flexi time and are happy to do this to attend this course.

Also in Glasgow on a Tuesday evening I take a 9 week Foundation evening class...which is the 5 day Foundation over 9 evenings. It is a GREAT course as you can complete the course using 1 model. As long as she doesn't mind only getting 1 hand done per week !!!

More Creative Academies are offering this Evening Foundation course....it is well worth looking into.

I don't really see a major problem with all the other 1 day courses like Conversions, Inductions, skillbuilding etc being on weekdays...as surely they are 1 off days maybe once or twice a year? Also most people doing these courses are already in the industry and most (not all) prefer a Monday as that is the traditional day off for salons.

ten out of ten for that reply! when i did my bio sculpture conversion it was on a sunday...............just need CREATIVE to follow suit !

Amb x
Just to let you know that some CREATIVE academies offer training at the weekend, and some are starting very soon, we offer eyelash extensions,waxing, COUTURE tanning at the weekends, starting in March will also be master classes on Sundays.

Hi,
I voted yes too. Having kids makes doing courses really tricky. My training was with Kelly and Anne Swain at Creative, Milton Keynes. I was lucky that my CreativeSpa course fell (for the first and probably only time) on a Sunday. But with my L+P course, my hubby had to loose 5 days work to look after the kids. The training was well worth it though. And I actually enjoyed the break!

I opted for the 'no' answer because I'm only doing nails Thur/Fri/Sat at the moment so weekdays is good for me. This could change in the future though.

Preston Therapy Centre offer weekend courses. They too are quite small so are quite flexible on dates and things. I started my Swedish Massage Course in April and am currently in the process of finishing my case studies and assignments. Once I have finished my final assessment will be arranged at a date to suit me. The Educators there are lovely and tremendously helpful.

It would be perfect for me as I work at our local school and its hard to get someone to cover if I need time off:biggrin:

Hi there. I have a training school in Aberdeen & will fit in with any prospective students. Sundays & evenings are readily availible

Oh yes yes yes, I would go on many training courses if thay were at the weekend. I would love also if someone did evening classes too!

I wouldn't make any difference to me as I have to work every weekend! I would have to take time off whether it was in the week on weekend.

Jo xx

I think most definitly our masters course is on a sunday which is fab as i don't work and my parents or in-laws are free to have my daughter xx

Hi,
I just ran a workshop on a Sunday and got 10 students which is pretty good.
I don`t want to eat into my familly time so I don`t know if it will be a regular thing or not.
I can see why it appeals.
I just tried to run a night course in acrylics and got no takers.I thought 6-9pm one night a week would be good?Maybe not.
:hug:

California Nails in Bolton have been offering weekends and evenings for while now, contact maria 01204412001 for further details

Latest posts

Back