Is There A Market For Weekend Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you do more training if it was available at weekends???

• yes definately

Votes: 357 83.4%
  • Nope, can get there in the week no probs

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • wouldnt make any difference to me

Votes: 46 10.7%

• Total voters

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi guys

I just wondered if you could take the time to answer a question for me (maybe someone somewhere may take note of it !!:wink2: )

Would you do more training courses if they were more readily available at the weekends?????????

I work full time and every day i have off for training (and i have LOADS i want to do this year) i have to use as my holiday (begrudge this as its valuable time i could be spending with my little one) or.......i have to take it UNPAID.

I know the people 'doing' the training have a life too and need days off but im sure one saturday or sunday a month could be offered??

Looking forward to replies!

Amb x

Yes I for one would, it means not having to take a day off from my salo, loosing a days takings and this means more cash to spend on a course or two....
Great thought Amber xxx

It would be perfect for me as I work at our local school and its hard to get someone to cover if I need time off:biggrin:

Great thread and poll Amber............I think part time courses at weekends and in the evenings is something that would help a lot of Nail Technicians out there to fit in more training........

izzidoll said:
Great thread and poll Amber............I think part time courses at weekends and in the evenings is something that would help a lot of Nail Technicians out there to fit in more training........

well i want to do my masters this year and spa mani and pedi....skill building on my l&p.....maybe a fabric conversion.....some tantrick training...and other stuff......and i cant fit it all in:Scared:

I wouldnt care WHERE i had to travel....just as long as i could do it !

Amb x

Yes Defo - The only reason I can do my Beauty Therapy VTCT Course is as it is on a saturday.
I think it would be easier to get models too as i really struggle with it & i puts me off more courses that need models.
also as i cant drive it would be easier to get a lift too.
& finally easier to get a babysitter
Great thread/poll Amber xx

I voted for YES to weekend courses... if we were in UK then weekends would be very important for nail education as hubby would be working everyday and I'd be stuck for childcare, apart from relying on family...
fab thread babes xx

i like the idea of weekends as otherwise i have to arrange for someone to do the school run, at weekends either my husband or one of my sons are around, so it doesnt matter what time i leave or come home, so no panic. good poll amber.

Definately, for all the reasons already mentioned!

Hi Minkus,

The replies to this thread is exactly the reason that here at Light Elegance we do courses on sats or sun ( In fact got one running tomorrow so better get to bed!!!).

Ok so we are a small company so it is easier for us but we do not have set times for courses instead arranging the times of each course to fit in with the students wishing to attend each one :)

perfect10kb said:
Hi Minkus,

The replies to this thread is exactly the reason that here at Light Elegance we do courses on sats or sun ( In fact got one running tomorrow so better get to bed!!!).

Ok so we are a small company so it is easier for us but we do not have set times for courses instead arranging the times of each course to fit in with the students wishing to attend each one :)

ten out of ten for that reply! when i did my bio sculpture conversion it was on a sunday...............just need CREATIVE to follow suit !

Amb x

I run courses as you know and I find there is far more demand at the weekend, which I am happy to accomodate.

The wholesaler where I also train isn't open on a Saturday and has reduced opening hours on Sunday's, as they argue most salons have their busiest day on a Saturday. Consequently the courses they offer are only available during the week.

Trying to gain new skills whilst holding down a job, parenting and getting your business off the ground is not easy. Weekend workshops are the way forward :D

x sugar x

yes there is a market for weekend classes

i do loads of courses on Sundays
Sundays are v popular
it may mean that i end up working a 6 day week but as the classes are spread over a number of weeks i do get the odd day off!

i dont mind doing in the week or weekend classes but i make it a rule to never do a client on a sunday!....lol

it doesnt really affect me with regards to my own training... going up to Bolton to see Antony is kinda like time out for me and im an education junkie and always wanna improve...so time off to train is coolio :D (mind you my pocket prob doesnt agree....but i think its wortht it )

Jess
xox

I'd rather go weekdays - to get out of my office job.
Would prefer to have my weekends to myself!

ADiva1 said:
I'd rather go weekdays - to get out of my office job.
Would prefer to have my weekends to myself!

and use all your holidays up?

I voted yes to weekend training too, for all the reasons mentioned already.

Me three for the same reasons LOL!
KxXx

Cathie! said:
Definately, for all the reasons already mentioned!

Same here.. it would fit around my family perfectly ... would do them in a flash at the weekend. I am doing my nvq assessments on a Sunday which is perfect for my situation.

Yes this was great when I did my Ezflow course I could do it Saturday's and Sunday's other wise hubby would have had to take leave to look after kids which is no good as when he has leave we want to be a family and do things together.

Caz xxx:)

yes definately,
would love to be able to do creative foundation course on a weekend.

Latest posts

Back