Is there a standard height for pedicure stations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicklg

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m soon to open a small nail and beauty salon where space is a premium! I’m offering pedicures as a key treatment and am very conscious of creating a comfortable experience for the client whilst maintaining my own posture and back health! I was going to get a custom base made by a joiner to accommodate a chair and pedicure bowl but am unsure of dimensions required. Are their standard heights to work with? In the past I’ve used a beauty bed or hunched myself over a chair at floor level- not what I wish to do going forward. Really grateful for any help anyone can give. I’m on a tight budget too (there’s a surprise!) Thanks all x

If you're having a custom base, why don't you sit down and measure what height you want to work at?

I do pedicures on the floor. Perhaps not so professional, but I find it a lot more comfortable.

I’m going to do that too but thought I’d ask here as a starting point. Can just see the joiners puzzled face when I explain what I want! Thanks- good to know different options.

Hi, I have a home salon and only use a pony stool with the leg supporter, my clients are on a chair thats probably similar height to a standard dining chair, the height of the leg support is perfect for all my clients with the chair and my stool can be altered so i dont break my back. I also am conscious of space so the chair i use for pedicures is also the chair i use for manicures.

That’s so helpful thank you! I need to try a few stools out so will have to go and visit some suppliers I think. Really appreciate your advice x

Latest posts

Back