Is there any more I could do with this client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I had a lady come to me 2 weeks ago for removal of bio sculpture overlay ( applied in another salon) & to have shellac applied.
When I removed to bio gel there was significant areas of dehydration & areas of her nail plate looked as though product had previously been pulled away from the nail. She told me as I was removing the bio that her fingers had been wrapped in foil & placed in the uv lamp & it felt like they were burning but was told this was normal!!!
The nails are very thin so I applied a thin layer of brisa lite sculpting gel & romantique shellac. Advised lashings of solar oil, gloves when washing up ect & hand cream

She returned today & after removal with nourishing remover she opted for a manicure to help her nails recover. This is her nails after removal & having solar oil massaged in 1385235757319.jpg

Im seeing her again in 2 weeks & have advised her to use the oil at every opportunity. Is there anything else I could advise?
Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone? ?

I think you've done the right thing, solar oil is a miracle worker. The only other thing I can think of is maybe a paraffin mani/hot oil mani inbetween if she feels like she needs a bit extra! But I'm sure the solar oil will sort it out if she uses it enough :)

You've recommended the right thing. Applying BL smoothing again wouldn't have hurt as the Solar Oil would still penetrate through. It might have given her a bit of strength too. The only other thing I can suggest if they are really weak and bendy is to keep them as short as possible to avoid them breaking x

The damage is already done so it will take time for that damage to completely grow out , about 3 to 4 months judging by the picture .

At every appointment your client will see her nails improving if she is following your aftercare advice but it will take time :)

Shes a nail biter so is really upset at the state of her natural nails.
I wish id taken a picture from the first appointment because there is a small improvment.

Shes booked 2 weekly apps with me until new year

You've no way of knowing if this client has ever pulled her previous gels off herself. So I wouldnt be quick to jump & slate the last technician.
But
if for her most recent technician has wrapped them & then had her place them in the lamp, thats probably not a good idea although wrapped nails with some source of heat does speed up the removal process. (I don't do this myself).

Zooming into these nails they just look very dehydrated, because of the white patches. (Hence why her last technician was trying to help with the removal process by UV lamping them during soak off as dry nails will make the soak off process even longer). Dehydration like this can be because she simply hasnt been applying the recommended solar oils etc which is something that can & does also happen with ladies who are wearing Shellac too.

Your best to just treat them how you best know how. Ensure that she applies generously & often solar oil & take things from there.

Both Shellac, Gelish, Bio Sculpture you name it all soak off's etc can each get the rough end of the stick when processes aren't done properly.

If this client is a nail biter/picker then just be on your guard that your own services don't get a bad name or look compromised too, when her nails continue to suffer because she may continue to ignore advice...

I've had clients refuse to apply solar oil etc as they believe it causes gels to lift ! (Frustrated much as there nails were really white (before I ever first started to treat them) & they wouldnt rest them either)..

Latest posts

Back