Is there really money to be made out there

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classychick

Reaction score
hi geeks am new to this have been reading and learning loads off you all, just wondering tho can u really make good money doin nails mobile, sorry to ask, dont mean to be nosey u must get loads of questions like this
Posted via Mobile Device

Not unless you take the job seriously. Put your heart and soul into it. And work like a dog.
that's after.....you've done many courses and know what you are talking about.
hth x

Damn Straight Judy! BUT YES... there is plenty if you follow Judy's advice and you are SERIOUS about what you are doing!! Good Luck

i know just sometimes feels am never getting anywhere...working during day, looking after my wee boy who by the way is a dream, spending money on products and not seeing a good profit...god i sound really cheerful dont i would just like to do would like to b able to do it solely and bring in a wage. Will keep working at it tho if i know theres techs out there that make it work thanx x x
Posted via Mobile Device

Aw, its like anything, you've got to build it up. You'll get there if you truly want it enough. Its not easy working and having small children either is it, as good as they are xx

I started at home as I feel mobile is a hard path to take but stick to it and you'll see great results.
I started at home had my lil desk set up and all my products when I didnt have clients I sat there and practiced on my nail trainer and practiced airbrushing, I saved up for course after course and then I had a chance to leave my job and work full time renting a desk in a tanning shop. It wasnt easy but I loved it, I did mobile spray tans to supplement my income so really I was working round the clock. I knew that I would benefit from everything that happened to me after a few years I got offered great jobs, went from strength to strength and now teach and have my own salon.
Everything I put in I'm getting back out again.

Keep going and you'll get there too.

I think the biggest thing about making money in this industry if you are mobile is advertising, it is all about the way you approach this, it is all about enthusiam, drive, giving off that excitement and showing potential clients how confident you are and they will jump on that band wagon and feel good about what you have to offer them. Make a plan of approach and get really excited about it, it is real hard work but it will certainly pay off in the end. Good luck

I think the biggest thing about making money in this industry if you are mobile is advertising, it is all about the way you approach this, it is all about enthusiam, drive, giving off that excitement and showing potential clients how confident you are and they will jump on that band wagon and feel good about what you have to offer them. Make a plan of approach and get really excited about it, it is real hard work but it will certainly pay off in the end. Good luck

Yor biggest advertisment is how your OWN NAILS LOOK.... that's what gets most people through the door!:!:

Yor biggest advertisment is how your OWN NAILS LOOK.... that's what gets most people through the door!:!:

I agree with Mrs Geek here. I went into Iceland yesterday and the cashier said, ooh, who did your nails (I have pink glitter tips) and when I said 'me', she said 'no way!' (she used to be my nail tech!).

I gave her my card and told her when I was available next week as I said I was fully booked up this week (I'm not :)) and she said 'cool, can I book in for next Thursday?'

:)

xx

Agree here .....you biggest advertisment is your nails and word of mouth.
I know people who are packed solid but don't advertise in papers or leaflet drops because their clients and themselves do it for them !!

Yes, to all above - It takes time, application and knowledge, knowing how to manage your income and expenses to make the best of what you have, and most of all a lot of patience whilst your clientel list builds up. Word of mouth is very important but this only comes with good results and the way you handle your clients. Also do your research if starting up as too many open up in already saturated areas, however - if you are very good at what you do don't let this put you off.

Latest posts

Back