is there something to soothe sore spots ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
I have acne , and i have an antibiotic of the doctor , but i was wondering if there is anything that will take the itching and pain away when i have a new spot developing under my skin ,
i have 3 around my lip at the moment and they are throbbing .. the only thing that soothes them , is anything freezing cold ive been getting ice out of the freezer and holding that to them , but obviously thats not always practical
thankyou peeps xxxx:hug:

hiya emmsy what about a warm compress or some lavender/tea tree oil

I would use a bit of tee tree as well
There is some fab cream you get from the doctors its called quinaderm have you tried it?
Clears spots up in no time.

Have you tried witch hazel Emma, I find that works quite well. hth

Have you tried witch hazel Emma, I find that works quite well. hth
Was going to suggest that too ... Witch Stick is fab, and you can get it from most pharmacies.

i did have quinaderm , but my face was a mess with it , all my skin peeled off , my face was bright red , it looked like i had been burned ,
the stuff i am using now works really well (zyneryt)
but i do still get the odd huge spot (heaven to me as opposed to a face full of them )
but they throb ..i thought there must be something to cool and soothe them , without making them worse
thankyou xxxx

ooh i used to use witch hazel years ago , i had forgotten all about that ! i will give that a go xxxx

I used to use a cream called Conatrane - I think you can still get it at Boots. The only problem is that it's quite thick and greasy so maybe only use it at a night time. Now if I get a spot, I use Clinique's Blemish Gel Treatment. It's lasted me ages and works like a charm. Like you, I tried Quinaderm and it burnt my face - not a pretty picture!

Hope it helps!!

x

I used to use Conotrane on the kids nappy rash!?

As far as throbbing spots go, I use a dab of minty mouthwash!! I know I know, sounds odd, but it makes the spot tight but soothes it at the same time.

Ive had a terrible time of late with my skin, but now think its on the mend, I started using oxy 10 at night, and follow a routine of facial care, removing my makeup with a wipe, washing in warm water, and blotting excess water off, bio oil and solar oil on the very dry bits, and now my skin is glowing!

Give solar oil a go but not too much just a drop or 2!!

ok i know this might not sound like areally great idea but wot about germoline?? it has local anastetic in it to numb , i have always thought it works quite well , and its anti septic too , hth dee x

Lavender is great for sore or itchy spots if they have not broken the skin and Ttree is great if they have broken xxx

Australian Body Care do some great products that could help too.

Amanda xxx

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Tea Tree Oil is great. It is antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and has a natural numbing agent in it.

do you know what ..i ended up putting some . Germaloids on my spots:green:
i thought "if it cools and soothes piles,then surely it will do the same for my spots " lol
it did work :eek:
but obviously i wouldnt recommend this as its probably not good for the skin.. i was just abserloutly desperate,

thankyou for all of your advice , i will give a few of the products a go ...xxxx:hug:

i use zit zapper by skin doctors- it's brilliant

Latest posts

Back