Is this a professional site?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or they could get people to scan their certs? That might be fun :-D

Stop moaning, I get called all sorts.

Scan certificates? Your alright your in Italy! I will get tracked down by a heavily tattooed geek with who uses pet names and get beat up! Many of the people in salon geek our paths will never cross outside and thats how I like it! Honestly I stopped doing work experience at the local colleges when I had my salon just to avoid the 30% who had major attitude problems and no sense of humour! Don't get me wrong most were lovely, some lazy, some it just was not for them but there were some total radges who would steal and have a horrible sense of entitlement. Before I went I to business I was never felt this way, when you have to deal with these people it changes you.

Nice post. I have found most members are happy to answer all sorts of questions, even those who have been members for years and are likely weary of the same topics but recognise as you have said that people might post to get different advice from different sources or because previous threads didn't apply to them, maybe they needed more answers for whatever reason or previous info was out of date.

As for questions that seem ridiculous to some ie. basic business management skills, what one person finds easy another struggles with.

Whilst some questions have been answered countless times I agree that there is no need to be rude, sometimes I see that some members will post a link for previous threads to help out and generally it seems most of us are supportive when we can be and appreciative when we need questions answering.

For example this very thread you could argue involves a subject covered before, yet there are quite a few of us it seems prepared to offer our opinion on it.

Unfortunately I realise that you will always get a few that feel the need to be rude, as much as you will get those whose only interest is to baffle :-D on about what they have done in life or to patronise and make others feel small as this makes them feel better...that's just the way it is.

I like to help if I can, I figure I might have some bit of knowledge or a past experience at times that helps someone else, I hope so. I have received help also since joining this site.

The thing that gets me down is when the person asking gets unpleasant because the answers aren't what they want to hear.

Also blaggers, they get me down aswell. :-D

Ha ha skingeek ... man up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Perhaps salon geek should add extra categories e.g?

Experienced salon professional 10 years plus
Next year we will be millionaires! (Shellac for £2 starting out people)
I'm a narcissist this is what someone DARED to say to me today!

Ha ha ha. It's all just dry humour to me. ..

Ha ha skingeek ... man up.

Get off. Why would you suggest I need to? so that I can be like you? :-D

Last edited:
Get off. Why would you suggest I need to? so that I can be like you? :-D

Skingeek .. now let's be truthful about this. ..I am the person that you are complaining about in your above post. ..That is me! . ... however you failed to mention funny. ...God damn it just admit it ...I AM FUNNY! :-D..

Last edited:
What constitutes a blagger skin geek?

I love this site. It's a wealth of knowledge and I truly think we are lucky to have people with fountains of knowledge answer questions over and over again.

The posts from people that you deem to be opportunists can be ignored no? I do think the search facility is massively ignored, but some people just need that extra reassurance on their own thread, not reading a thread relating to someone else. Not everyone is business savvy, that's not to say it can't be learnt.

There have been countless threads like this, about cowboy extensionists, spray tanners and the like, you only need to pass them by as has been said before.

There was a thread recently about 'the lowest point in people's lives'. And i know that was in the chit chat section not the business forum. I found that thread heartbreaking and yet inspiring to see what many people had overcome. Answer me this question Virtues...you deemed that thread on which people were divulging their most intimate feeling 'depressing'. Seeing as you had no interest in that thread and didn't share you own experience should you not have passed that by?

Sorry virtues to single you out, but as the OP to this thread I thought I would share my views on your posting antics.

Scan certificates? Your alright your in Italy! I will get tracked down by a heavily tattooed geek with who uses pet names and get beat up! .

Rofl!!!

I love this site. It's a wealth of knowledge and I truly think we are lucky to have people with fountains of knowledge answer questions over and over again.

The posts from people that you deem to be opportunists can be ignored no? I do think the search facility is massively ignored, but some people just need that extra reassurance on their own thread, not reading a thread relating to someone else. Not everyone is business savvy, that's not to say it can't be learnt.

There have been countless threads like this, about cowboy extensionists, spray tanners and the like, you only need to pass them by as has been said before.

There was a thread recently about 'the lowest point in people's lives'. And i know that was in the chit chat section not the business forum. I found that thread heartbreaking and yet inspiring to see what many people had overcome. Answer me this question Virtues...you deemed that thread on which people were divulging their most intimate feeling 'depressing'. Seeing as you had no interest in that thread and didn't share you own experience should you not have passed that by?

Sorry virtues to single you out, but as the OP to this thread I thought I would share my views on your posting antics.

Well said laurat. On any site you will get all sorts (who's to know that I'm not a transvestite or have no links with beauty, but am a cage fighter)

those who have no interest in this site... why be here ? Why waste your time with lies ? Is it good to hide behind a key board and say insensitive things that would upset some people ? It can only reflect what kind of person you really are !

This thread has opened my eyes a bit more, and from now on I will use it more for my own benefit, moreso, but I still like the chit chat party and all because it's good to bond with the truthful people. I.e those that you can tell if they are truly interested in nails as I am.

I still think showing certificates etc a good idea, could take it further, but you'd have to be careful otherwise it risks identity theft.

I jut wanted to say that a geek this week did something extremely kind and generous and helpful for me

She went out of her way and doesn't know me apart from on here but after seeing me posting about the Whole Ball of Wax DVD she very kindly messaged me to say she would lend me hers and has popped it in the post to me and its on its way to me in Northern Ireland!!!

I don't want to name her as don't want her to be inundated with requests but I was very very impressed with her generosity and spirit

I think there are a lot of members like that on here who are professional and take a lot of time to share their skills knowledge and expertise

Not at all laurat and don't be sorry. You have to remember everybody sees and reads these threads and posts in different ways. What one will find funny someone will take offence to.

There are more than a handful of people I speak to in private messages. Tonicj is one of them, she wrote the original thread about people's lives. My comment if I remember correctly said along the lines of 'Tonicj this is depressing can we have a lighthearted thread'... I'm not a deep person. I understand what you are saying about passing it all by. . But what harm is there really. I don't see ALL of this as serious and only reply to the threads that I can help with. ..if tonicj wishes to start a thread with that title anyone can reply. It's no different to the thread about spirits and seeing ghosts. .I made a few joke comments about that one. .I joined in the party thread on Friday. ....I left a funny comment in the Eastenders thread suppose some could say. ..why write these depressing threads where you are only satisfying your own needs by reading about other people's misery.

At the end of the day I haven't been banned from this site, I am outspoken and will always put my point across and if their is a debate to be had I'll probably be in it somewhere... but I will stand up for what I believe in if someone attacks me personally I will give as good as I get... if i can be bothered that this. if you look in the CACI training thread - I left what most of you would be horrified to read. .. but that is my personal opinion. It ruffles feathers because it is not the norm. I make no apologies for it why have a forum where you can't write because someone is going to start crying about it.

I help where help is needed. I have private messages with people thanking me for helping them. I give advice. More than half my posts have hearts. I have messsges from people telling me that I'm like a breath of fresh air to this site. Some telling me I'm funny. The only thing that goes against me most of the time is I have numerous businesses and I am successful. Some people take offence to this as I give advise based on what I have been through and what I know. I am not always right nor do I claim to be. I have no problem with being called a snob. There was a thread recently about people/family being nasty when you are taking about your aspirations. I had loads to say on that one, most people thought I was bragging I'm sure, but it wasn't the case. People are generally nasty when you do better than the majority. This is why the majority of people say money doesn't make you happy... most people (not all) who reply to the threads don't have money so couldn't tell you the difference. That was a thread I wrote in.

I didn't get my businesses of the ground by asking advice from strangers on a site how to turn the key in the lock of the front door. I still maintain my comment of ' for professionals and opportunists' .

Last edited:
The thread can you be poor and happy was mine too :biggrin:. I do tend to write very deep threads and that's because I have a real genuine interest in people and their emotions. I have always been very deeply interested in Human Psychology which brings me on to you now Virtues! Honestly, you are like a dog with a bone and I say this with humour attached :wink2:. How you are in posts does not reflect the true you at all xx

The thread can you be poor and happy was mine too :biggrin:. I do tend to write very deep threads and that's because I have a real genuine interest in people and their emotions. I have always been very deeply interested in Human Psychology which brings me on to you now Virtues! Honestly, you are like a dog with a bone and I say this with humour attached :wink2:. How you are in posts does not reflect the true you at all xx

Ha ha... you really are a wonderful lady. X

Hi virtues.

I have no issue with SOME of what you have just said.

I'll just finish by saying that while you didn't use the likes of this site or others like it to help with your business doesn't mean it's not a great place for others to start.

Everyone needs to start somewhere after all and the geeks on here are great at pointing the majority of posters in the right direction.

What may appear to be the simplest of questions to you may indeed be an opportunist. How can you be so sure though? How can we be so sure you have many businesses and are as successful as you say you are? We can't.

Lets hope threads don't start popping up questioning the legitimacy of some of the wiser geeks.

Anyway. That's enough from me. I'm not a debating kind of person.

Laura

Skingeek .. now let's be truthful about this. ..I am the person that you are complaining about in your above post. ..That is me! . ... however you failed to mention funny. ...God damn it just admit it ...I AM FUNNY! :-D..

You are funny :-D and I can confirm that it wasn't particularly aimed at you. But if the cap fits lol

Edit: it wasn't particularly aimed just at you

Not at all laurat and don't be sorry. You have to remember everybody sees and reads these threads and posts in different ways. What one will find funny someone will take offence to.

There are more than a handful of people I speak to in private messages. Tonicj is one of them, she wrote the original thread about people's lives. My comment if I remember correctly said along the lines of 'Tonicj this is depressing can we have a lighthearted thread'... I'm not a deep person. I understand what you are saying about passing it all by. . But what harm is there really. I don't see ALL of this as serious and only reply to the threads that I can help with. ..if tonicj wishes to start a thread with that title anyone can reply. It's no different to the thread about spirits and seeing ghosts. .I made a few joke comments about that one. .I joined in the party thread on Friday. ....I left a funny comment in the Eastenders thread suppose some could say. ..why write these depressing threads where you are only satisfying your own needs by reading about other people's misery.

At the end of the day I haven't been banned from this site, I am outspoken and will always put my point across and if their is a debate to be had I'll probably be in it somewhere... but I will stand up for what I believe in if someone attacks me personally I will give as good as I get... if i can be bothered that this. if you look in the CACI training thread - I left what most of you would be horrified to read. .. but that is my personal opinion. It ruffles feathers because it is not the norm. I make no apologies for it why have a forum where you can't write because someone is going to start crying about it.

I help where help is needed. I have private messages with people thanking me for helping them. I give advice. More than half my posts have hearts. I have messsges from people telling me that I'm like a breath of fresh air to this site. Some telling me I'm funny. The only thing that goes against me most of the time is I have numerous businesses and I am successful. Some people take offence to this as I give advise based on what I have been through and what I know. I am not always right nor do I claim to be. I have no problem with being called a snob. There was a thread recently about people/family being nasty when you are taking about your aspirations. I had loads to say on that one, most people thought I was bragging I'm sure, but it wasn't the case. People are generally nasty when you do better than the majority. This is why the majority of people say money doesn't make you happy... most people (not all) who reply to the threads don't have money so couldn't tell you the difference. That was a thread I wrote in.

I didn't get my businesses of the ground by asking advice from strangers on a site how to turn the key in the lock of the front door. I still maintain my comment of ' for professionals and opportunists' .

To be fair Virtues my rudeness comment was not aimed at you. I find you very opinionated, you do like to sound your own trumpet..but that's fine. You don't mince your words..I like that. We share different opinions on many things but equally I share your opinion on some others. But you aren't really rude.

Oh dear looks like this is going off topic.

Sometimes people know the answer to their own question really, they just need to hear a different perspective on things to be sure they are doing the right thing.

I don't take anything to heart on this site and it's been a valuable tool for me. It's difficult to ascertain the meaning behind the written word and it's often misconstrued. I'm also pretty thick skinned and can take criticism.

When learning to drive I told my instructor 'if I'm s*** tell me, I'm not paying you £20 per hour just to tell me what you think I want to hear'.

I use this site as it's intended, yes some of the threads are irritating and repetitive, but sometimes I can see that people are genuinely at the end of their tether and are desperate for help and I'll always try and help those people.

To be fair Virtues my rudeness comment was not aimed at you. I find you very opinionated, you do like to sound your own trumpet..but that's fine. You don't mince your words..I like that. We share different opinions on many things but equally I share your opinion on some others. But you aren't really rude.

Skingeek. ..I aimed your comment at myself.. as probably this is how I come across to most people.

Latest posts

Back