Is this the real deal Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
As the title says is this the real deal? One of my clients who's been coming to me every 2 weeks for around 6 months decided she would go on line and hunt some shellac down(much to my dispare!)
As you can imagine I was horrified when today she turned up for her appointment with her own bottle which she asked me too apply!
I asked her where she bought it and she said Beverly beauty do they sell genuine shellac?
I explained to her it's a professional product and I wouldn't be able to use it as my insurance would not cover me to use fake shellac etc so unhappy :-( I'll add so pics please see what you think.Xx

Pics

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358357764.507988.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358357764.507988.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 656
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358357796.537878.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358357796.537878.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 766
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358357822.138965.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358357822.138965.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 617
Who knows?
Being that they're not a legitimate distributor in the UK they are illegal one way or another so your insurance wont cover you regardless of whats in the bottle.
As a cowboy company I'd recommend steering clear.

I would never buy it from there myself I always use sweetsquared but was just upset to think she could just go buy her own!Xx

I agree - there's no way to know if this is fake or not.

I wouldn't apply it either way and would tell my client that my price remains the same regardless - that might stop her bringing in her own bottles.

I know I was shocked!! I'd never take my own hair dye to the hairdressers so why do this?X

Can't believe the cheek of it asking you to apply her own (most likely dodgy!) product!!! Good for you saying no x

None of my shellac bottles have a white bottom?! :/

Good for you for not using it :)

Very cheeky of this client! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Beverly beaute is an American company I believe.

None of my shellac bottles have a white bottom?! :/

Good for you for not using it :)

Very cheeky of this client! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

No mine haven't got white bottoms either!

Cheeky client! (Lovely lady) shame tho! I'm such a softie she probably thought I wouldn't mind.

Beverly beaute is an American company I believe.

Think I'm gonna take a look tonight to see if this could be genuine..I'd never trust it tho sweetsquared all the way for me I want to supply my clients with the best trustworthy product money can buy.X

Think I'm gonna take a look tonight to see if this could be genuine..I'd never trust it tho sweetsquared all the way for me I want to supply my clients with the best trustworthy product money can buy.X

They have an ebay shop, I think that says it all really :rolleyes:

My shellac bottles now have white bottoms bought from s2, it's the new style bottle apparently there was a thread on it a while back.
Beverly beaut are an American company and I believe do sell the genuine shellac products however I don't believe they use the correct method of shipping etc that's only from threads I've read on here already though.... So I could be mistaken xxxx

My shellac bottles now have white bottoms bought from s2, it's the new style bottle apparently there was a thread on it a while back.
Beverly beaut are an American company and I believe do sell the genuine shellac products however I don't believe they use the correct method of shipping etc that's only from threads I've read on here already though.... So I could be mistaken xxxx

Oh really the last ones I got were in dec and they didn't have white bottoms? Think ill search that thread.Xx

As has been said many times before, the only way to be absolutely sure you are acquiring genuine products, is to purchase them through the authorised distributors.

In the meantime, let's not give the unauthorised distributors any more publicity than is necessary.

As has been said many times before, the only way to be absolutely sure you are acquiring genuine products, is to purchase them through the authorised distributors.

In the meantime, let's not give the unauthorised distributors any more publicity than is necessary.

Well said thankyou everyone.Xx

Just been looking on Ebay and most sellers are say PROFFESSIONAL USE ONLY ! Aye right it should say Please buy any "tom "dick n Harry " just hate it when clients say isnt it all the same ? eh no if it was all the same it wouldnt have different names . Shellac CND is power polish and OPI is GEL ect ect , makes me mad so it does :mad: N you wonder how salons are going out of business :eek:x

I think the question here should be how to deal with this customer!! Does she think your doing nails for the fun of it. It's extremely bad taste to bring your own bottle of Shellac to an appointment she could have suggested you get the colour in stock or something :-/ I agree you should charge the full wack as she's using your time, lamp, products etc.

My hairdressers charges more if you take your own shampoo and conditioner.....

just a thought x

Latest posts

Back