Is this weird or is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about a dad ringing for intimate waxing, not a mum and a bikini line. Completely different.

I am struggling to see where it said he asked about his daughter getting a Hollywood/brazilian wax? Maybe he said "intimate area" to be polite as he is a man and does not understand the complexities of various types of intimate waxing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I’m speechless and just don’t know what to say. I’ve got better things to be doing with my time than arguing non issues.

Man: “My daughter is 15, will you wax her?”
Therapist: “No, she’s too young.”
Man: “OK thank you. Goodbye.”

Worse than Hitler and Gary Glitter rolled into one!!!

And I was about 14 when I gave myself rather nasty burns using "Nair" cream down there after one of my friends unkindly pointed out that my daisy duke shorts were showing my hairy bits. Would rather she waxed then burn herself or end up with ingrown hairs from shaving with a mac 3 razer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I’m speechless and just don’t know what to say. I’ve got better things to be doing with my time than arguing non issues.

Ha ha ha ha.

That is all.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

We're talking about a dad ringing for intimate waxing, not a mum and a bikini line. Completely different.

As said before perhaps the dad doesn't know the different names for different bikini waxes ( heck most women don't know the different names for them!!)

I see no difference whether it is the mother or father that makes the inquiry , which is what I think is the main sticking point for people here. There is a massive leap from a dad phoning about a bikini wax , to a dad being a perv. Would a mother have been treated with such contempt ? And for the record women can abuse children too, so why does no one jump to conclusions there?

I remember a fellow therapist telling me she had a single dad (wife had died) come in every month with his young daughter (early teens I think) for her waxing. It was actually a sweet story, at first he would sit next to her and hold her hand as she was scared and it hurt and then she told him one day that it was okay she could do it herself now. I thought it sweet as you could imagine how uncomfortable he would have felt but he did it because she was getting teased at school and lets face it there was no one else. I don't believe this included bikini area, but I do know of other girls (swimmers) who started getting their bikini done in early teens (youngest I have heard was 12) - if Dad is all they have, then Dad gets stuck doing things most others don't have to worry about.

When I worked at a salon a Dad use to call up & book his daughters spray tan (she was young but a dancer) again, a single Dad.

Lots of times we'd have women booking in for a bikini wax said they'd had it before yet expect a Brazilian!

Always a chance it could have been a weirdo, the only thing that sounds similar to any weird calls Ive personally had is the no number part.

Xx

Really LOL!!

I do think it was a bit weird, I didn't like the way he said "the intimate area", made me feel euuughhh! Could have been genuine but I don't think so. If I was a young girl wanting a wax and had no Mum I think the last person I'd ask to phone up about it would be my Dad! A friend, Grandmother perhaps, but definitely not my Dad. It takes all sorts I suppose but the fact that it was "No caller ID" made me suspicious in the first place. Thanks for all your comments, never had such a commented on thread before!!

We've had a swimmer in for a full body wax and she was 15.....

Jemima :)

My dad was with me when I had first baby, I wanted him there and he wanted to be there is he a perve?

Jemima :)

I just had a call on my mobile (no caller ID). It was a man who said he was calling on behalf of his daughter and she was interested in waxing. He said how old did she have to be, so I said what type of waxing was she interested in and he said, the intimate area. I asked how old she was and he said nearly 16 so I said I'm not insured to do intimate waxing on anyone under 16. End of phone call. I find this very strange and a bit disturbing, I can't imagine a teenager would ask her Dad to phone up about something like that can you???

This is weird I had the same phone call a few years back at a salon I worked at. I ended up phoning the police as things he said were very disturbing without going into too much detail in here. X

It's the sort of complacency displayed by some on this thread which have allowed some of these people currently in the media to abuse children in the past. Yew Tree anyone? Anything unusual concerning children should be reported or looked into further if possible, whether it be your neighbours, a classmate at your child's school or even a telephone call. Don't turn a blind eye and think its all above board. Better safe than sorry. Maybe some of you don't have daughters, but I have two so I feel very strongly about this.

Yes, more often than not it is innocent, but sometimes it isn't. If there's a guy out there who gets his rocks off by pretending he has a 15 year old daughter who needs intimate waxing, then he is a sicko. He will probably have other tricks up his sleeve.

If he is an innocent Dad trying his best for his daughter, then I would be very happy to be wrong. But you don't know do you? It's unusual. Therefore, look into it.

When I was a girl growing up I had advances made upon me by sick individuals. I was 7 when my best friend's Dad asked me to touch him. I didn't. I ran. Thankfully, my parents educated me about these types and I knew what to do.

Really LOL!!

I do think it was a bit weird, I didn't like the way he said "the intimate area", made me feel euuughhh! Could have been genuine but I don't think so. If I was a young girl wanting a wax and had no Mum I think the last person I'd ask to phone up about it would be my Dad! A friend, Grandmother perhaps, but definitely not my Dad. It takes all sorts I suppose but the fact that it was "No caller ID" made me suspicious in the first place. Thanks for all your comments, never had such a commented on thread before!!

Hi there.

Just to be clear my message wasn’t directed at your OP.

I do not answer unknown/withheld numbers because they are almost all sales companies or weirdos. My answer machine message states that I won't answer them so any genuine caller will re-call with their number displayed. If I get an email/text/call that I’m the slightest bit suspicious about I ask for full name, address, postcode, tel number, email address and then pre-payment to confirm the booking. This scares the creeps off.

I am cautious of labeling anyone a perv unless they have said or done something that is in and of its self, inappropriate. Some people are socially awkward and have trouble communicating. There’s a difference between a weird person and a weirdo (the type that wear a dirty rain mack!)

Obviously we all need to look out for number one but I’ve had plenty of clients that I was sure were gonna be a creep but they turned out to be fine….just a little odd!

Take care.

This site is getting worse, you don't know if it's a single dad of a very shy person, there may be no mum, he may be the mum and dad, or what if he is trans gender and going through the change?

I remember reading on here about a man getting an erection while being massaged (common) and people where shocked, the backwards UK training for massage is do not touch a man's abdominal area, in Europe it's the norm.

People are jumping to conclusion, again.

I think the intermate area was probably one of the more nicer ways to put it..
So what if a father phoned for his daughter i dont think its weird. I think its weird that in the day and age we live in a parent is looked upon as a pervert if they acknowledge their child is growing up

I never answer number with held calls anymore, I've had my fair share of weirdo calls and they are always from with held numbers or no caller ID, and I believe any genuine callers would not with hold a number.
However, my husband was a single dad when we met 10 years ago, not through choice, but he did an amazing job being both mum & dad to his daughter. I know he would do anything for her, and I'm sure had she wanted a bikini wax (and he still be a single dad) he would have tried to book her in with a reputable therapist. Would this have made him a perve? No. After all, how many of us would accept a booking from a 15/16 year old without having spoken to a parent? And if the only parent available is a dad, would that still be weird?
We live in a world where children are raised by single mums, single dads, gay couples, and that is now acceptable. Yet a dad wanting to make an appointment for his child isn't?
By the way, my step daughter is 17 now and has turned into a beautiful, kind young woman. We also have two daughters of our own, so I am only too aware of the dangers out there! But not every man is a child molester/perve etc! The only thing I find "strange" about the ops call is the with held number. A request such as this from an identifiable number should seem in no way strange, weird, or wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't see any problem with this!
One of my close friends is a single dad,
His daughter is 16 and does a lot of dancing displays and wears leotards etc...
He takes her to a salon for a bikini and leg wax because she asks him to take her a she is self conscious about the other girls looking at her.
In his words..
"I would rather I took her to a salon and got it done professionally by someone that knows what they are doing than she does it herself and hurts herself"

Of course there is a possibility they could be a weirdo - but there always is isn't there?
Jumping to conclusions is not the way to deal with this, it could be a very simple matter :)
Xxxx

I don't see any problem with this!
One of my close friends is a single dad,
His daughter is 16 and does a lot of dancing displays and wears leotards etc...
He takes her to a salon for a bikini and leg wax because she asks him to take her a she is self conscious about the other girls looking at her.
In his words..
"I would rather I took her to a salon and got it done professionally by someone that knows what they are doing than she does it herself and hurts herself"

Of course there is a possibility they could be a weirdo - but there always is isn't there?
Jumping to conclusions is not the way to deal with this, it could be a very simple matter :)
Xxxx

And ignoring it is the way to deal with things like this? Nice to see how society is looking after our children. No wonder there's abuse going on everywhere with all you lot having your heads stuck in the sand.

And ignoring it is the way to deal with things like this? Nice to see how society is looking after our children. No wonder there's abuse going on everywhere with all you lot having your heads stuck in the sand.

I didn't say ignoring it is the way to deal with it, I said jumping to conclusions isn't!
There was no booking or further enquiry made, if the guy calls her again then yes there would be reason to worry.
All I'm saying is that not every guy out there is a weirdo!
Having been in a situation myself as a 15 year old with an older man stalking me (yes he was arrested), I am redo culturally careful when it comes to things like this.
But if he only called to enquire and ended the call when he was told it couldn't be done, I don't see any reason to ponder on it!
I'm not looking to argue with you but I just can't see how we can assume this man is a weirdo/pedo without further information.
Xxx

May I just point out that in the UK if your land line number is registered as ex-directory (for your own peace of mind and safety), then when you call other people from that line the telephone company should be withholding your caller ID from them. So potentially, even the withheld number part of this situation could be innocent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back